Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 8/17/2018 11:57:00 AM

I never in my life (i am 30 yo) have had acne, and I have always had very healthy skin but after using this foundation I started suffering from acne, I stopped completely and it has being more than 4 months of treatments and still I haven't being able to heal my skin. I really regret buying this foundation. One day I was in Sephora and talked with one of the makeup artists about this and she told me that a few clients have had the same problems with this foundation.

on 8/16/2018 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was able to get a sample of this from Sephora - shade 180. Darker shade than I thought I'd have to wear, but it actually was spot on for my skin. I'm light very warm yellow, so I give lippies for a good shade match.

However, right after application (damp sponge over my Primerizer) - I didn't like how this looked on my skin. I had dry patches popping up (in some of my regular spots) that do not do this with much cheaper, matte foundations (catrice). So this was starting off on a bad wrong foot. Then, it got worse after I put setting powder on top (a dusting). I set with Catrice spray - and I just didn't like the look of this on my face. It seemed to emphasize my pores, and it looked very powdery/cakey. If I don't like something right off the bat, then I won't wear it again. I wore CG Elixir foundation (cheap) yesterday mixed with my HG Catrice HD foundation and that looked 10 x better than this on my skin. I can tell when something blurs my pores vs. not. This stuff doesn't. For the price tag, I will not purchase. Very happy I can try samples of these sorts of higher $$$ foundations.

I also noticed that by 1.5 hours later after application, my oils were coming through on my nose already. So for a matte foundation (even with my normal primer) this somehow made my oils kick in too fast.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible foundation! I have very oily skin and although this claimed to be matte, long wearing, and full coverage it was none of those things. First of all it's very thick, too thick and is hard to get out of the pump once you finish half the bottle. It is hard to blend and feels super oily and gross on the skin. Lastly, it is not at all full coverage. After blending I looked matte for about 30 minutes and than my skin looked horrible, no coverage what so ever. It is terrible quality and not worth the price they charge for it, it wears more like a drug store foundation but with even worse wear. Certainly not up to par with Estee Lauder or other high end foundations. If you want full coverage, long wearing, oil controlling foundation try Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 8/3/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, what I absolutely adore about this foundation line is that I could actually find a perfect shade match. I actually use this foundation as a benchmark to gauge the colour match of other foundations that I want to try. Its medium coverage looks nice on my skin. I personally dont really like heavy foundations because they tend to make me look like I'm wearing a mask, so I do appreciate its natural looking finish. The pump packaging is brilliant. It makes application very easy and hygienic. I havent noticed any breakouts from using this product.

However, I don't think it suits my oily, textured skin. Find that it doesn't give me that "pro-filter" it advertises. I've found that it doesn't look good when I apply it to my forehead because of my texture. It also does break down throughout the day and transfers a bit when I blot. The pigment separates around my nose and smile line area over time. Also, layering the product to become more full coverage tends to make my skin look cakey, so I just stick to applying a thin layer.

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed my time with Fenty, but I think I'll be looking for other foundations after I'm done with this bottle.

on 8/3/2018 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This foundation by far has quickly became my no.1 top foundation (replacing my Lancôme teint idol now down to no.2)... I use shade 470 and with a deep dark neutral undertone, finding the correct shade for my oily skin that can still keep me matte all day and not feel heavy and greasy but give great coverage on my skin is absolutely genius. For years us deeper skin tone ladies have struggled to get the correct colour match that is not too red, or ashy to compliment our individual shade ranges and finally my girl Riri came through for us and hit the ball far out of the park. I strongly recommend all deep toned women of colour who have oily to combination skin to give this a go...you will be very surprised!.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation didn't work for me at all. Poor coverage and very cakey. Didn't last even 4 hours. The finish is horrible. Will not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Of the 10,000 various foundations I own, I can honestly say that this one has taken over the top spot for me. I'm NC44 in MAC and am wearing 350 in this one. I have never had a more suitable match, this foundation looks so nice and natural on me. It also has good staying power on me. I normally experience T-zone oiliness throughout the day and still get a little when wearing this, but nothing that's offputting. I am really impressed with this product and am glad that I purchased it.

on 7/25/2018 11:32:00 AM

I am really in love with the fenty foundation, it worked well with my oily T-zone. It is medium to full coverage, but also buildable. Drys down really quickly which means you have to blend it into your skin fast. I would highly recommend it ♡.

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

on 7/10/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

While I appreciate Fenty Beauty's broad option of shades to choose from, this foundation did not work for me. I am very oily, acne-prone, and have crater pores. All my conditions are managed by skincare most of the time. But a proper foundation is still key.

I found this foundation to be cakey. Even worse, it sank into every imperfection on my face. The pores around my nose became emphasized. Even with a very matte setting powder, oil broke through within 3 hours.

I will not repurchase.