Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 10/22/2017 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Shade 230- I really like this foundation, I found that I was way less oily (& barely had to touch it up throughout the day) than usual. Coverage lasted about 8 hours. Make sure to prep skin beacuse it can cling to dry spots. I think it applies better with beauty blender than with the brush, it does dry really fast so its best to work in sections and not apply all over your face. The foundation feels really light on my skin. I see other reviews say it oxidizes but I didn't experience that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Price , packaging, product all amazing. I have shade 170 for when I fake tan, 120 for my normal shade and 110 to lighten and mix with my other foundations. Use a beauty blender and don’t use it under the eyes. Lasts all day. Makes my skin look so smooth. It does oxidise but just choose the right shade after getting some samples. It does dry down pretty matte sometimes I set it with some powder sometimes but looks great with or with out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
A lot of product for the money.
Pretty packaging comes with a pump.. that’s always a plus.
Color range is good (if you have warm under tones).
Lasts a long time.

CONS:
Caused me to break out.
Not enough colors for people who have cool undertones ... even though they say they have cool tones they are still extremely yellow.
Not easy to blend.
Oxidizes 2 shades darker than when first applied.
Enphesised dry patches and lines.

on 10/19/2017 11:55:00 AM

Now, I was least excited about Fenty foundation, but I was so wrong about it.

I guess my concern was - would it work for dry skin? Because it is a "soft matte" foundation. Plus some people were saying in their videos onlince that it oxidizes/changes colour a bit as it sets. I highly recommend buying this foundation at the store (not online). 40 shades is an overwhelming amount.

On my dry skin it actually looks very natural and becomes more dewy as the day goes by. I find that it gives me a good medium coverage, which is buildable, but you can easily sheer it out if you mix it with a primer or anything like that. I got mine in the shade 150, which suits me perfectly (I am around NC20-25 MAC). You can see me wear it here and read more about other Fenty products here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/09/14/Fenty-On-The-Brain). This foundation lasts all day long, doesn't get patchy, won't feel drying. I do use a really good moisturizer underneath it, so that might be the case.

I prefer a light coverage, so save it for my "more important" days when I want my skin to look flawless. You still need a concealer with it though to cover spots. Overall - it is a good one!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Had high hopes for a semi matte finish foundation for combination skin. After 3 tries I returned the foundation since it sat on my skin and slid right off the face. Be mindful that this oxidizes! It made my skin so oily after only a few hours of use. The price is moderate at $34 a bottle. Huge fan of the packaging and color selection but that's as far as it goes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went crazy to buy this after seing the hype.... i must say after trying this product i do not see what is so good about it? It oxidises like crazy! The most out of all foundations i have tried. Bare minerals new bare pro foundation blows this off the shelf anyday for me. However when first applied it looks really nice (for 20 mins max)

on 10/15/2017 11:26:00 PM

Combo skin and while it lasted well throughout the day, it was so mask-like and drying. It only looked good from afar and started causing cystic acne, and I never get acne of any kind. Also, like other complaints, it would not stay on my nose and highlighted pores. Hard pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bottom Line: A decent foundation but the deal breaker is that it oxidizes like crazy!

Finish - Matte, but not in a drying way. The finish is beautiful and I'm saying that as someone with major skin imperfections (blemishes/ texture from acne scarring). If you have smooth skin, I could see this foundation giving a flawless finish.

Staying Power- This foundation claims to set itself and it does.I didn't use a powder or setting spray and it lasted me a good 5 hours before I started seeing hints of oil from my t-zone. With my other foundations, I have to touch up after 3 hours. Even after a full 8 hour work day, it still looked pretty good. The best staying power out of all my foundations.

Coverage- Medium-high. This foundation is definitely buildable to high coverage and a little goes a long way.

Overall: This foundation was so promising but where it fell flat was when it oxidized on me. By the end of the day, the foundation turned so dark and orange that I looked like an Oompa Loompa! Now I could just buy one a shade or two lighter but then I'd have to deal with looking like a ghost until the oxidation kicks in. It's just not worth the hassle when there are so many other foundations to try.

on 10/15/2017 6:11:00 PM

No. Just no. Like so many better foundations. I have no clue what this is offering. I mean I guess if you have perfect skin? It's like a veil. But I just found it really off. My opinion only. I have the most finicky skin. Combo. Breakout prone. Mature. Maybe best for younger girls.

on 10/17/2017 5:28:00 PM

The foundation sinked into my skin making it look like I had nothing covering my face; Not something I’d encourage people to buy