Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

4.5

on 11/4/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a flawless foundation. I have used it several times since its release and 430 is my perfect shade. I am NW45 in MAC for reference. I use this with my beauty blender and it has a light flowery scent that does not really go away even thought it isn’t heavy. I started with a light layer then went in with another layer because listen, I am not here for the light look, if I am going to put on makeup I want to look made up. The second layer was perfection, oh! Then I drew the angel on my face in concealer (Estée Lauder double wear in 5N) and powdered with Too Faced Born This Way loose powder. Love that foundation look when you powder! I am oily as hell so I baked my nose with it and my foundation lasted through my date which was outside in a park. I didn’t have to touch anything up. Removal is very easy with an oil cleanser. This will certainly be in my foundation arsenal for years to come. I support RiRi and the inclusivity of this line. Will certainly repurchase again and again.

on 11/3/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really sceptical about trying this foundation, and I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I have extremely oily skin and acne with scarring (darker scars and “craters”). My pores aren’t horrible, but can become exaggerated depending on which foundation I use. This foundation is possibly the best foundation that I’ve tried for oily skin! I would say that it had a light to medium coverage. It dries very fast so you have to work quickly. You can layer it if you want a more full coverage, but it’s a bit difficult however it can be achieved. It fills in my “crater” scars from acne, and my pores which is lovely because of my textured skin. It creates a significantly smoother appearance. This foundation did not oxidise on me (most foundations don’t). I have fair skin, and purchased the lightest shade (100) which is actually too light, so I’ll be purchasing the shade 110 when it comes back into stock. DO NOT buy this foundation without swatching it in store first. Sephora matched me to the shade 120, which ended up being ridiculously yellow when I swatched it in store. My only criticism is that it has an unpleasant play dough scent which makes me feel nauseous. The scent lingers, even after hours of wear but it isn’t as intense as initial application. You probably won’t enjoy it if you’re sensitive to scent. I would only recommend this foundation to people with oily or normal/combination skin. If you have dry skin, stay away from this foundation because it is extremely matte.

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

on 9/16/2017 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first time that I bought a product because of its bad reviews here. Why? It is because a lot of people ranted about the product being too dry. Well, this for me and other oily gals is not a bad thing. Let me go a bit deeper. When your face, with or without makeup, turns into a grease pan, you would appreciate a bit of oil control. This product reminded me of the Chanel Double something or another that has been discontinued close to a decade. This also reminded me of the original Revlon Colorstay before its few reformulations. Unlike those old foundations however, this product is watery which I like. It provides good coverage and it is buildable. I suggest a bit of moisturizing concealer under the eyes. The product dries fast so I suggest good old fingers in fast action. I think sponge and brush would eat up this product and can cause waste. Of course, I did not use the Fenty brush so my testimony about the brush can be negated easily. The shade 260 was a perfect match for me. Although MAC considers me NC30, I have more neutral skin tone. Last, but not least, although I wouldn't buy makeup just because of the celebrity whose name is on it, I make an exception this time. I love Rihanna and her work so once again, she made me proud!