Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was really excited to buy this at first (because, Rhianna:) ; but I was really disappointed with how it turned out. The one important thing about this foundation is that IT OXIDIZES. This was the annoying thing for me bc it was too dark to wear by itself, so I'd had to cake a bunch of light powder on top of it to make it match. Unfortunately, I ran out of that powder, which meant that I didn't have a skin tone- matching foundation for the next couple of days. :( If you are going to buy this, buy one a couple of shades lighter so that when it oxidizes, it will be perfect. I wish I knew that before I bought it because it was pretty expensive too. One thing though, is that it does give great coverage and is overall a good foundation, just keep in mind that it does get darker if you are buying this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this online on the 110 shade and when I first opened the box I got nervous because it was pale-- too pale, but then I tried it on anyway and it oxidized to match my skin tone perfectly. I love how I don't get too oily on this one, unlike MAC Studio Fix where in only 3 hours I can fry things on my face; this wore on to a dewy finish that blotterazzi can fix easily. I use only one pump and blend with beautyblender; works well for me. Bit pale on the outset but I oxidize in minutes, perf match. Bit too pricey though; glad I went for the lighter shade; I was recommended 220 warm peach and the horror if i got that instead and went to oxidize like I did. 110 is a match; could probably go for 120 or 140, contemplating those shades on next repurchase.

on 11/28/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If you're an acne prone oily and sensitive gal like me with olive skintones you will enjoy this foundation a lot. This foundation doesnt crease on me. It doesnt settle into fine lines and on some days, i can get full 5 hours of wear without powdering. Just to emphasize, IM OILY AF. People used to tell me that the amount of oil i secreted on my T-zone alone could fry eggs (eww i know but point made). So if you're still contemplating this and you've got a similar skin type, i would highly recommend trying this foundation out.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Price , packaging, product all amazing.

on 10/31/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference I am 2W2 Rattan in ELDW, 3.0-4.0 in Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and Light Sand in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and use this in 220 Warm Peach. I have oily skin, live in hot and humid weather and have mild to moderate acne hyperpigmentation.

Texture: Texture is very watery and runny. Among the lightest, reminds me of texture of the Chanel Aqua VitaLumiere Foundation. Very light, spreads beautifully with ease.

Coverage: This is a medium coverage but buildable to full. I have hyperpigmentation of post acne marks, one pump usually evens out my skin tone, two pumps bring the coverage up a notch to full. Layering is not a problem, its buildable without ever looking cakey. I guess because of the runny texture. Has skin light/natural soft matte finish to it thats really beautiful

Wear: This is pretty matte, overtime I feel it dries out my skin. Upon application it doesnt emphasize pores and fine lines or dry patches but overtime it oxidized like two shades darker, and I look orange. Two to 3 hours down the line, it started emphasizing my dry patches and any texture on my skin. Controls oil very well, perhaps that is why i feel it dried out my skin (And i have oily skin) But the wear I feel is exceptional. I wore this during a 10km Race and I was sweating like crazy throughout the race and it looked mildly faded after the race which is pretty amazing compared to other foundations Ive tried.. All in all, weartime is impressive. It looked good after 10-12 hours of wear.

Overall: I like this but not love it. It dried out my skin, oxidized and emphasized pores but has very skin light/natural yet full coverage and the wear time is amazing and controls oil. Very decent foundation but not my fave or hg status. I'd recommend this for very oily skin. If you want to try this, should consider getting at least 2 shades lighter.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went crazy to buy this after seing the hype.... i must say after trying this product i do not see what is so good about it? It oxidises like crazy! The most out of all foundations i have tried. Bare minerals new bare pro foundation blows this off the shelf anyday for me. However when first applied it looks really nice (for 20 mins max)

on 10/5/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For those of you older makeup wearers with oily skin, remember the long-discontinued Clinique Stay True? (I used it around the time Rihanna was born). Remember when we all freaked out when they reformulated it, then discontinued it? One of Rihanna's relatives must have been bitching about the loss of it all these years, because...this works just like Stay True! There was a time in my life where I searched and searched for this kind of matte foundation, but all that was on the market was shimmer and glow. For years. And years. I am glad that matte foundations are "back", so to speak, but, alas, my skin has changed, and it's not as oily as it used to be. It's also not as tight as it used to be, especially in my eye area.

On my face, this foundation looks like absolute perfection...truly...it doesn't look like skin, but, so what? If you get the exact right color, which is possible, you don't have to worry about matching to your neck and "blending" in random spots like earlobes. This is good, because when this mama sets, she ain't blending ever again. This is bad, because, around my eyes and on my forehead, it makes me look about 106 years old. I don't even have "wrinkles"...just some fine lines around my heavy-lidded eyes, and a shallow "11" between my brows...but this seems to create Wrinkles. Eek! I find this disturbing. I much prefer smooshing some Wonderlift Serum onto my forehead, and wearing foundation that might make me "dewy", but leaves my skin smooth. Wearing this reminded me of the time I O.D'd on Retin A and had major "crepey" eyes for two weeks. I didn't want to leave the house, even wearing dark glasses and a hat.

This foundation can be washed off, thank goodness, so I can quickly make my face wrinkle-less again. I have to give this foundation credit for making me thankful for my skin! Of course, I know I will age more and more, but right now, I truly appreciate that my skin is in excellent shape.

I'm not crazy about the ingredients. This has so much talc in it. I'm not a fan of talc...I don't like its texture. Plus, talc + silica + Sodium Chloride + Magnesium Sulfate = desiccant. It's one thing to absorb oil, it's another to suck every drop of moisture out of skin. Probably most people use this with a primer, which would insulate moisture a bit. Wonder what it does to moisturizer?

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this foundation best coverage looks amazeballs on the face yes it oxydizes however she did say that it would because of the amount of pigment in the foundation and suggested buying a shade lighter so when it oxydizes it's now ur shade.it looks flawless on the skin ,after 8 hr of wear it's still flawless and fresh and still lasted long after on my oily skin,packaging is great it has a pump this has become one of my HG foundation. I give this foundation a five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

on 10/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. I don't understand how people were sharing this foundation on social media like it was some holy grail, don't believe it. It is nothing special. First off, it is super runny but dries very cakey looking on the skin. This made my skin texture look bumpy, even though I do not have any acne. After about 4 hours the foundation creased and was coming off on my oily spots, such as around the corners of my nose. The color was also off -- both shades I was matched to appeared way too pinkish. By the end of the day it was a smeared, blotchy mess. I did use the primer as well. My wet n wild photo focus foundation I also just tried out actually looks and holds up way better, and it was $3.99.

on 9/21/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have two main issues when looking for a foundation, color match and mattefying capabilities, as I have extremely oily skin. This foundation covers both those problem areas for me and for that alone this foundation is a winner in my book. If you have yellow toned or olive skin give this foundation a try. Coverage isn't full, I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, however with two layers I get good coverage that's enough for me. I know that when my (acne prone) skin was bad, this wouldn't have cut it for me, now that my skin is better it's enough, but it's something to keep in mind if you have moderate to severe acne. What's really won me over is how much less I have to blot when wearing this, its significantly less, and when I do my makeup looks fresh again. This isn't a full 5 stars from me because there are better (actual) full coverage foundations out there, but this foundation works for my skin and tone which is rare and it's worth trying it out.