Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.0

on 11/18/2017 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Having waited 25 mins to buy this product at the beauty counter boy how i regret it. I watched endless youtube videos about this product before purchasing so i felt pretty confident with the positive reviews. The girl at the counter matched me to shade 300 by only taking off abit of my own makeup from my chin, i first thought hmm, looking at the mirror and in the store lighting it looked ok so i purchased it. The next morning doing my makeup before work i applied the foundation i was horrified it looked pale/dull maybe i bought the wrong shade who know, i also found it hard to blend with the brush and sponge it dries up pretty quickly on to the skin, i have acne prone skin so i pretty much make sure my skin isnt dry by applying marula oil. Currently now i mix The Ordinary foundation and the fenty in order to finish the product now that i have bought it, both together works well. The only positive thing i would say about this product is the longevity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could buy a car for what I have spent on foundations. I have horrid dermatitis and flakes the size of quarters. I use the new Water Double Wear as my first layer and this as my top. Perfect. I like the packaging and the color choices are plentiful. I use a sponge and my pores seem to disappear. Shocked how much this worked for me

on 11/8/2017 10:51:00 AM

This foundation dries so quickly on the face and is so hard to blend evenly. The finish is very cakey and my pores are enlarged. My skin feels dry and tight after application. There are many drug store brands that do much better foundation than Fenty Beauty. I am disappointed. Maybe it will work if you have extremely oily skin. I have normal skin.

on 10/27/2017 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never done a review on anything so this is my first one. Let me start of by saying I was sooo excited for this product to launch. I am mixed race so having a foundation range that has a variety of colours was exciting. I went and got matched up colour (300) i couldn't wait to get home and try it properly.
I would never buy it again..reasons why?!
1-I have acne prone skin/oily it does not cover any scars i have.
2-It makes me look like a have dry areas (don't know why when I have oily skin)
3-it oxisides like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked orange!
4-it has made me break out even more! I haven't had acne spots in about 4 months and now since I've started using it I've broken out everywhere.

I have now gone back to Nars sheer glow foundation which is amazing! I wish I never tried the fenty one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Price , packaging, product all amazing. I have shade 170 for when I fake tan, 120 for my normal shade and 110 to lighten and mix with my other foundations. Use a beauty blender and don’t use it under the eyes. Lasts all day. Makes my skin look so smooth. It does oxidise but just choose the right shade after getting some samples. It does dry down pretty matte sometimes I set it with some powder sometimes but looks great with or with out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Bottom Line: A decent foundation but the deal breaker is that it oxidizes like crazy!

Finish - Matte, but not in a drying way. The finish is beautiful and I'm saying that as someone with major skin imperfections (blemishes/ texture from acne scarring). If you have smooth skin, I could see this foundation giving a flawless finish.

Staying Power- This foundation claims to set itself and it does.I didn't use a powder or setting spray and it lasted me a good 5 hours before I started seeing hints of oil from my t-zone. With my other foundations, I have to touch up after 3 hours. Even after a full 8 hour work day, it still looked pretty good. The best staying power out of all my foundations.

Coverage- Medium-high. This foundation is definitely buildable to high coverage and a little goes a long way.

Overall: This foundation was so promising but where it fell flat was when it oxidized on me. By the end of the day, the foundation turned so dark and orange that I looked like an Oompa Loompa! Now I could just buy one a shade or two lighter but then I'd have to deal with looking like a ghost until the oxidation kicks in. It's just not worth the hassle when there are so many other foundations to try.

on 10/15/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Was super excited for this to come out! Love the colour shades, unfortunately this is where it ends. I have been doing proper skin care, hydrating my skin, different primers and all that. Brush, beauty blender, small strokes in small sections... but nothing works. THIS FOUNDATION dries and makes my skin look patchy so bad! On top of that, it would never cover any sort of pigmentation problem that I had. If I tried to put anything on top of it like highlighters it would look even worse. I can't make it work at all! So I had to return, it may be that I have combination skin. IDK it just doesn't work on me... I thought I had oily skin buuut this foundation is probably made for an oil ball face! :(

on 10/9/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

*Love*!!!!

A few points:

1. Moisturise *really* well underneath the foundation and use a hydrating primer. Even if you're combo/oily. Especially if you're normal/dry!! And especially, during the colder months.
If you are really oily - you might get away with your normal routine. I'd stay away completely from mattifying primers.

2. This dries down very, very fast. So no dotting all over the face and then leisurely blending. I think the reason people are experiencing patchiness, is because they are not working in sections or not blending quickly enough. I dot some on my face, start blending out with my fingers and then use a damp beautyblender to blend out the rest.

3. Don't place the foundation under your eyes if you have lines. This dried out the skin under my eyes and emphasised the few lines that I have (that I normally barely see!!). So, by the time I added concealer, it just creased up really badly. The next day I left out my undereye area and just added concealer when I had finished blending the foundation everywhere else. Made a world of a difference!

4. Actually, don't use at all if you have lines all over your face.... This works best if your face is (relatively) smooth.

5. I've read that a lot of people have had issues with the undertones. I can only speak for the shade that I bought - it's 450 and fits me perfectly. But it appears that if you have neutral or red undertones (or if you are generally of a lighter complexion) you might have a bit of a challenge finding your right shade as some shades appear to run too red or too dull.

Overall, the finish is beautiful!! As I mentioned before, the foundation dries down really quickly, and therefore doesn't really transfer (or only transfers very little). If you blend properly and you have the right shade, this will look like your skin! Really nice, beautiful skin. The 'filter' claim is definitely true.
After 12 hours of wear, I have some oil coming through (I don't like to blot and I don't like to set with powder), however it's more dewiness than oiliness. It doesn't get greasy at all and stays in place the entire time - even when you sweat.
I also didn't experience any oxidisation which is a bonus.

Overall, I'd buy again. I really, really like this foundation and it's amongst my favourites (NARS Sheer Glow, Becca Ultimate Coverage, Smashbox 15 Hour, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Kevin Aucoin Etherealist).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

All i have to say is if you have any texture or fine lines or any dry areas on your face DON'T BUY THIS! That is all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where do I start... this foundation is bloody amazing!! I have difficult skin. Goes through phases of being dry, then oily, then combo and breakout prone. I think the best way to describe my skin type would be ‘temperamental’ and doesn’t like a lot of foundations. Being the beauty junky I am I leapt at the February launch and ordered the foundation. While waiting on it I tried a sample which suffice to say was horrendous!! Made my skin look like a dried up piece of flakey leather and aged me about ten years. So suffice to say I wasn’t too happy I’d bought it. However when it came I was determined to at least try and work with it as everyone seemed to be raving about it. On the bottle it saying clearly you MUST shake before use and my gosh is that the truth!! After giving it a good shake and applying quickly with the Fenty sponge my face was FLAWLESS!!! I have acne scarring and this watery seemingly thin foundation COMPLETELY covered it!! No need for my regular kryolan dermacolor! It’s definitely a ‘soft’ matte as described as it’s not dry looking at all after shaking. I’m an Estée Lauder double wear girl but I’ve been converted.... feels light as air, covers like a dream and doesn’t cake! Transfer resistant and lasts a 12 hour day. For reference I’m super pale and wear shade 140 which I don’t find oxidises a whole lot on me. I’l be ordering a darker shade for when I’m tanned and can’t wait to get my hands on more Fenty products!!