Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 10/15/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Was super excited for this to come out! Love the colour shades, unfortunately this is where it ends. I have been doing proper skin care, hydrating my skin, different primers and all that. Brush, beauty blender, small strokes in small sections... but nothing works. THIS FOUNDATION dries and makes my skin look patchy so bad! On top of that, it would never cover any sort of pigmentation problem that I had. If I tried to put anything on top of it like highlighters it would look even worse. I can't make it work at all! So I had to return, it may be that I have combination skin. IDK it just doesn't work on me... I thought I had oily skin buuut this foundation is probably made for an oil ball face! :(

on 10/9/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

*Love*!!!!

A few points:

1. Moisturise *really* well underneath the foundation and use a hydrating primer. Even if you're combo/oily. Especially if you're normal/dry!! And especially, during the colder months.
If you are really oily - you might get away with your normal routine. I'd stay away completely from mattifying primers.

2. This dries down very, very fast. So no dotting all over the face and then leisurely blending. I think the reason people are experiencing patchiness, is because they are not working in sections or not blending quickly enough. I dot some on my face, start blending out with my fingers and then use a damp beautyblender to blend out the rest.

3. Don't place the foundation under your eyes if you have lines. This dried out the skin under my eyes and emphasised the few lines that I have (that I normally barely see!!). So, by the time I added concealer, it just creased up really badly. The next day I left out my undereye area and just added concealer when I had finished blending the foundation everywhere else. Made a world of a difference!

4. Actually, don't use at all if you have lines all over your face.... This works best if your face is (relatively) smooth.

5. I've read that a lot of people have had issues with the undertones. I can only speak for the shade that I bought - it's 450 and fits me perfectly. But it appears that if you have neutral or red undertones (or if you are generally of a lighter complexion) you might have a bit of a challenge finding your right shade as some shades appear to run too red or too dull.

Overall, the finish is beautiful!! As I mentioned before, the foundation dries down really quickly, and therefore doesn't really transfer (or only transfers very little). If you blend properly and you have the right shade, this will look like your skin! Really nice, beautiful skin. The 'filter' claim is definitely true.
After 12 hours of wear, I have some oil coming through (I don't like to blot and I don't like to set with powder), however it's more dewiness than oiliness. It doesn't get greasy at all and stays in place the entire time - even when you sweat.
I also didn't experience any oxidisation which is a bonus.

Overall, I'd buy again. I really, really like this foundation and it's amongst my favourites (NARS Sheer Glow, Becca Ultimate Coverage, Smashbox 15 Hour, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Kevin Aucoin Etherealist).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

All i have to say is if you have any texture or fine lines or any dry areas on your face DON'T BUY THIS! That is all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where do I start... this foundation is bloody amazing!! I have difficult skin. Goes through phases of being dry, then oily, then combo and breakout prone. I think the best way to describe my skin type would be ‘temperamental’ and doesn’t like a lot of foundations. Being the beauty junky I am I leapt at the February launch and ordered the foundation. While waiting on it I tried a sample which suffice to say was horrendous!! Made my skin look like a dried up piece of flakey leather and aged me about ten years. So suffice to say I wasn’t too happy I’d bought it. However when it came I was determined to at least try and work with it as everyone seemed to be raving about it. On the bottle it saying clearly you MUST shake before use and my gosh is that the truth!! After giving it a good shake and applying quickly with the Fenty sponge my face was FLAWLESS!!! I have acne scarring and this watery seemingly thin foundation COMPLETELY covered it!! No need for my regular kryolan dermacolor! It’s definitely a ‘soft’ matte as described as it’s not dry looking at all after shaking. I’m an Estée Lauder double wear girl but I’ve been converted.... feels light as air, covers like a dream and doesn’t cake! Transfer resistant and lasts a 12 hour day. For reference I’m super pale and wear shade 140 which I don’t find oxidises a whole lot on me. I’l be ordering a darker shade for when I’m tanned and can’t wait to get my hands on more Fenty products!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you do not have oily - extremely oily problem-free skin, you're out of luck. This foundation made my acne-prone skin look horrible! It accentuated my dry patches (some of which I didn't even know I had), my acne scars looked 10x worse, and looked so cakey and heavy on my skin. It did not look natural on me even though I have used matte foundations in the past without a problem (I usually prefer a satin finish). I didn't try it long enough to determine if it causes breakouts or not, I just couldn't stand having it on my skin. This is really disappointing, as I have seen so many beauty bloggers rave about it :(

I gave it an extra lippie because of the awesome shade range and packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily t-zone but this lasted a night of drinking and humidity. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didn't even know that Fenty Beauty was a thing until the day before its launch, and even then, I wasn't interested in the foundation until I started watching reviews. Many reviewers raved about the skin-like finish, ease in application, and self-setting attributes, so I wanted to try for myself. Off to Sephora I went to grab samples! (BTW get matched or match yourself in person if at all possible!)

My skintone is an exact match for NW43 in MAC Studio Fix Powder and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande. My match in Fenty is 390. I can also wear 400, though it is slightly red on my skintone. This applied like a dream! I had to work in sections because it sets fast. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it was alright. Seemed like the sponge absorbed a lot of the foundation. It also looks good dabbed on with fingers and blended with a flat-top brush, or just smeared on with fingers. MY KINDA FOUNDATION!

It left a beautiful skin-like finish, like I had naturally flawless skin instead of the scattered hyperpigmentation I actually have. I also needed no powder to set this. The foundation set all by itself! I was able to apply my blush and highlighter over it with no problems whatsoever. And the wear! It looked good throughout an entire 12-hour shift, meaning that I wore it for 14 hours or so. I think I blotted once halfway through and it looked good the whole time.

All this and I'm 95% sure I won't be purchasing the full-size.

Unfortunately, this foundation gave me those teeny little irritation whiteheads. It broke me out! I'm so sad about it! After about six to seven hours, I get a chance to look in a mirror to check my makeup and there they were. If it wasn't for that, this would be my everyday foundation.

on 9/20/2017 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had to wash this off immediately, it was so unflattering on my skin. If you have any type of texture or enlarged pores this will accentuate it.

I have dehydrated/oily skin with sebaceous filaments around my nose and upper cheek area. The product seems to build up IN and AROUND pores and ends up accentuating any little bit of texture you have, making it seem like your skin is way worse than it is without the product on. I see this working for people with oily (or well hydrated) yet poreless skin.

On a positive note, the shade range is really impressive. I was matched to 290 (I'm about NC40 with neutral olive undertones) I found it a too Gray for me, I could have gone a bit darker and neutral/yellow. This foundation oxidizes so swatch in-store if possible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My skin in a nutshell: oily on t-zone with combo skin but dehydrated. Clear skin but there's texture/some scarring on chin, jawline and sides of face from hormonal acne. I've always been slightly darker around the mouth.

Color reference: NC37-40 (depending on the time of year)

Shade matching: Initially I thought the warm shades would be my calling but they turned out to be very orange. First I tried 300 (medium to tan skin with neutral undertones), which was slightly too dark and a touch warm. Then I tried out 290 (medium to tan skin with neutral olive undertones), which was much better. 260 (medium skin with neutral undertones) was too light.

First trial: I haven't worn a medium to full coverage foundation that was this matte for a very long time. When I read that it was a soft matte with a filtered kind of look, I thought I could try something new (I go for a glowy look despite that I'm oily in some areas). Wearing this foundation with the Fenty primer made me look totally flat matte and emphasized every fine line I had around my mouth and between my eyebrows. I worked in sections to apply it with the Fenty foundation brush because it dries quickly. I found that the more you brushed over it, the more patchy it looked. I didn't set with powder but used setting spray to try to take down the flat matte look. The oil control for this foundation is great, however, my office's forced air environment sucked whatever moisture from my face. By the early afternoon, it was starting to look matte AND dry with all my fine lines coming through. By the end of the day, patches of foundation had worn off around my nose, which made it look weird because the rest of my face was still covered. My chin was looking creased and the areas around my mouth. When I got home 10 hours later, it began to pill off. However, there was no oxidization the entire day.

Second trial: I used a glowy, moisturizing primer underneath. I also used a beauty blender, which did sheer out the coverage and made the blend more seamless. However, there's a point where you have to stop bouncing or else it starts to look patchy. This time I set the foundation with a glowy-blurring powder and setting spray. The added glow products softened my fine lines and took down the super matte look to make it look a bit more skinlike. From afar it looks decent. In the office, my skin began to dry out and my fine lines became more pronounced but not as bad as the first day. I still saw creasing on my chin and around my mouth by mid-afternoon. Trying to blend the foundation a bit to help the creases makes it patchy. No oxidization.

I really wanted this foundation to work for me because of the shade range but the finish doesn't do my 33 year old face any favors. I have skin texture and fine lines that I usually camouflage with glowy products but this foundation just makes those flaws more stark.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my favourite foundation of all time and I am super picky. My skin went from oily to dry this past year. This blurred out my pores and didn't accentuate my dry skin. I have super acne prone skin and I had a few breakouts when I applied this but this never broke me out even after over 12 hours of wear (this is super rare for me, everything makes me breakout!) and covered my acne naturally.

I've tried all the Dior foundations, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani, prescriptives, tarte, urban decay, MUFE, nothing compares to this. I can see why some people say it's drying but I make sure I moisturize my skin really well before applying this and the finish is absolutely beautiful, very natural with a slight glow (I've only used it with a beauty blender so far and I'm shade 130, yellow undertones)

I feel bad for the people that wasn't able to love this foundation because I have never found a foundation I'd purchase more than once in the last 20 years but I will repurchase this one forever. Love love love!!