Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.9

on 3/17/2019 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use YSL All Hours foundation & recently purchased this stuff looking for something that wouldn’t separate throughout the day & wouldn’t settle into lines (YSL was bad for this!). It definitely achieves that end! Doesn’t split, crack, stays the hell out of wrinkles & smile lines. Doesn’t transfer to anything - it dries quickly & thoroughly. The finish wasn’t too remarkable - kind of a powdery dull look, which I suppose is only to be expected of a matte foundation. It stays ALL day. I get a bit oily around my t- zone & it very slightly shines through, not enough to warrant blotting however. After work I tried to rub it around to test it’s staying power & it did not move. Definitely a long laster (I cant stress this enough, it’s easily it’s best feature). However, it’s got its downfalls. Oxidizes terribly. Buying a lighter shade would hardly help as it oxidizes about 2-3 hours into the day; and turns more orange than anything. It’s also not buildable whatsoever. I noticed it went on very light and the coverage wasn’t great, so I went to go add another layer and the previous layer came off! Left me looking a bit splotchy. It also is very drying; which could easily be overcome by using a strong moisturizer, but I won’t be changing my faithful moisturizer for this stuff. Its very hard to apply; being a quick drying foundation it will literally dry as you attempt to blend it with a beauty blender & you need to work very fast. I also got a skin reaction from it, not too sure what exactly happened but my skin became very rough & dry around my eyes & my eyelids were incredibly puffy after I took the foundation off! Eyes were also watering all day & were itchy. Cleared up after I had it off for an hour or two. To be completely honest I don’t see how there’s so much hype surrounding this foundation, it’s at best a mediocre product. The $12 drugstore brand Fit Me is a better product all around. For my skin type anyway!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

on 12/26/2018 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is amazing. It looks very natural on the skin as it has a natural finish. It also doesn't transfer at all and there is no need for setting powder with this foundation.
I do think that this product is rather expensive, but it's worth every penny!

Very dry looking, accentuated my acne scarring and texture. The coverage was very sheer too.

Cette fondation me donne une finition impeccable. Très facilement assemblable pour donner une couverture désirée. Avec une couche seul, il est une couverture complète . La plage de l'ombre est absolument phénoménale, je serais très surpris si vous ne trouvez pas une nuance pour correspondre à votre couleur de peau.je le Recommande fortement

I like the transparency of naming the undertones when choosing shades as well as the availability of yellow shades, but that’s about it. I did a 48 hr wear test without primer and I couldn’t get this to work for me.

1) I have combo/oily skin with texture and this accentuated the heck out of my pores. Like oh my god made ‘em look like craters! Would definitely need a primer with this.
2) It dries down to a soft matte but this quickly becomes shiny within 3-5 hours (in Hawaii with humid, sunny 85F weather).
3) I can’t stand foundations that change shade. Now this may not “oxidize” into a terrible orange like some foundations, but it does get darker as it dries further down. The Sephora rep who helped me color-match recommended I get a shade lighter than what I see in the bottle or swatched. No thank you! I don’t want to be playing color guessing games.

on 8/21/2018 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of this foundation. I have very oily skin, occasional breakouts, and large pores. This is definitely the best mattifying foundation I've tried and it's staying power is incredible.

The thing with this foundation is you do need a good primer. I've found this to not apply as good with certain primers. Right now I'm using Murad's Oil Control Mattifier - which I always come back to as one of the best primers. I did try the Fenty Primer but I didn't like it as much as my Murad Mattifier.

With the right primer this foundation applies so smooth and your skin will look amazing and your makeup will last. BUT if you have lots of dry patches this foundation would not be for you. It does cling to dry patches and rough areas - hence needing a good primer (or moisturizer as well).

The finish is matte but it's not a flat dull matte. It's more of a satin matte finish, which is absolutely perfect.

One of the cons besides clinging to dry patches is it does oxidize a tad. My colour is just light enough that when it darkens a tad it still matches my skin so it's not an issue for me.

I've tried so many different foundations but nothing worked as well as this one for my oily skin and nothing lasts as long. The next foundation that had close to the same staying power was Smashbox 15 hour wear but it wasn't a nice satin matte finish as the Fenty Foundation.

Definitely my go-to and will continue to keep repurchasing!

on 6/20/2018 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Let's talk about what it says it does first...
"A soft matte, longwear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of 40 shades."

soft matte - checked
longwear - checked
buildable - checked
medium to full coverage - checked
shade ranges - checked

It seems to do as it promises. Now move on to the application and why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5.

I'm a kind of tinted moisturizer/BB cream woman on a daily basis. So this foundation comes when I know I have a long day ahead or on a special event days that more neat makeup is needed.

I found using this with a primer and a beauty blender works best for me. As the foundation dries quite quickly, I put a small amount on a small area, buff it into my skin, and continue to next small area until it covers my whole face. It gives me a soft matte finish. But I tend to be oily during the day so I put on a bit of loose powder sparingly.
Applying it with my hands also works but it did not give me an undetectable finish as much as with a beauty blender.

Shade 240 matches me quite perfectly. But i'd say it does a bit of oxidizing. So I tried a shade in a shop and gave it some time to dry and set in and look back again if the color still matches my skintone. But once it dries out it stays true to the color.
The coverage is quite enough. I don't need a concealer for my average face.

And I wore it to an event of my friend which held in some hot and humid weather and at the end of the day (about 10 hours) with a bit of blotting, it still stayed and looked good on my face.

Now the part of a one lippie out... it contains not many moisturizer ingredrients in the list (as it's supposed to give you a matte finish) My skin felt quite dry after long hours wearing it. It broke me out. And if I wear it everyday it might make my skin feeling worse. However, adding a few drops of face oil was a good idea to counteract this problem for me. But why i have to spend extra money to buy face oil to use it together with. As there are many other matte foundations that do their job pretty nicely in the market.

Would i buy it again? Maybe. But new products keep launching to the market everyday, don't they?

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a little over hyped in my opinion. The color range is great! I don’t necessarily like the formula. It’s not really matte to me.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..