Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

on 10/17/2017 5:28:00 PM

The foundation sinked into my skin making it look like I had nothing covering my face; Not something I’d encourage people to buy

on 10/15/2017 11:26:00 PM

Combo skin and while it lasted well throughout the day, it was so mask-like and drying. It only looked good from afar and started causing cystic acne, and I never get acne of any kind. Also, like other complaints, it would not stay on my nose and highlighted pores. Hard pass.

on 10/12/2017 10:20:00 PM

Me: 43 years old, very few lines, combo oily skin that can get very oily in warmer weather. Large_ish pores on nose, no old acne marks, lots of red blotches, dark purple circles!

I'm Deauville in NARS, 20 in MUFE F and B, MAC N 4.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever purchased! I cannot for the life of me see a line between skin and foundation...at all. Best shade I've ever used and I've been wearing base since 1990...16 years old.

I wear 140 and its perfect. It goes on like a dream. I used to use it with the It Cosmetics foundation brush and while I liked it, there were brush marks on the area between my brows and my nose. Fingers (for me) works best. The foundation is definitely on the watery side and with clean fingers it just melts beautifully into skin. Poreless, creamy, solid...no cake, no streaks, no redness, no circles....I'm in awe. I take my favourite huge powder brush (forget the name...it's orange and promoted by Pixiwoo) and fluff on the lovely Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Light Medium and then do a light contour with Hoola Light and a top with a peachy pink blush. A few sprays of All Nighter and my makeup lasts literally all day.

You know it's good when it's 4 o clock and you keep checking your makeup out in your rearview mirror! No budge, no oily breakthrough, and no patchiness. I plan on repurchashing for a long time!

The bottle is also quite large and very chic and stylish. Excellent base for oily skin like mine. Most foundation breaks through by ten in the morning. Not this baby. Great deal for $34 and the amount of product you get also!

My friend wears 380 and it looks stunning on her, however she is dry and benefits from a moisturizer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to find the perfect long-lasting, full coverage foundation to cover my rosacea. I've tried Estee Lauder Double Wear (which I regret buying); Lock It; and a bunch of others I've already reviewed :)

I. Love. This. I dot all over and use a stippling brush to blend. You have to be quick as it dries down quickly to a semi-matte, non-transferable coverage. I moisturise well and like to use Illamasqua Radiance Veil primer - I'm a combination skin with occasional dry patches.

I have 150 and could probably stand to go a shade lighter. It's got yellow undertones which is OK for me as I'm pretty neutral but others may not like it.

I do agree with other reviewers (and have knocked off a lippy) that you really need to have untextured skin for this to look nice. Under my eyes where I have lines, this looks really awful. Easily combat by using a different product there, but tbh I'd rather just use one product not a dozen. I do powder using UD Velvetizer which smooths the appearance of any texture so it's certainly not unusable - you just need to find what works for you. It lasts a full day at work and still looks lovely after a long day, especially if I use a setting spray (which I always do - currently Rimmel).

What I love about this foundation is that it feels natural and not too heavy on the skin, even though it covers all my redness. I found that ELDW for some reason wears really red on my skin, and I have to put on several layers on my cheeks. I hate it, it gets like a mask and it doesn't last anyway!

Overall, I'm really, really impressed with this foundation. If you're looking to try something new, then you could go more wrong than this foundation. It has an excellent shade range and while pricey, it's about the same as other high end products and actually cheaper than some others. Definitely get shade matched though if you can, as it does oxidise, although not (in my case anyway) to orange!

I really wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out

on 10/8/2017 12:34:00 AM

I can see why this is such a controversial foundation! I have oily, acne prone skin and quite a bit of hyperpigmentation. It took a lot of experimentation for me to realize that there was no primer, setting spray, or powder I could use with this foundation to achieve a long lasting finish with the smooth texture promised in the product description. I am normally BIG on silicone-based primers and the UD All Nighter setting spray to make my foundation last. Fenty is literally the only foundation I need to apply in a thin layer over moisturizer, spot conceal, then layer again where needed. It is not at all in keeping with my usual routine (most recently the UD All Nighter foundation or Bare Minerals BarePRO foundation) but this gives me the most beautiful, flawless, oil-free, lasting coverage with this application method. In fairness I think it's closer to 4.5 lippies, but I'm rating it a 4 because of the oxidation and very tricky consistency that requires a lot of homework...

on 10/7/2017 9:06:00 PM

It took me a while to catch on to this foundation. Like many people here, I'm always on the lookout for the perfect shade and color. But by then, most of the shades were sold out. Even some of the testers were gone. I was able to test out some samples, and it was close; a bit too dark. So I go online and I happen to find next lightest shade that's neutral toned, and when I get it, it's too light. BUT! The oxidation helped warm up the tone so that it's quite close to my skin tone, and I was satisfied.

That's about all that was good about the foundation. This brand was very inclusive in its range. Now for the not so good parts...

This is a very fast setting, oil free foundation. I have to work in patches to get the coverage I needed, because after about a minute, it was dry. Application is best with a dense brush. It's a velvet matte finish, so any dry patches I had were magnified. I do skincare before makeup, and I find myself having to reach for my most moisturizing cream to act as a base, which helps a little. I found that it has a medium to full coverage, but I'll lean towards medium, because full coverage just accentuates what imperfections I have.

All these characteristics for this formula (oxidizing, drying, coverage, viscosity) almost matched with the Milani Conceal+perfect 2 in 1 foundation+concealer, even though they have different ingredients. Why would I spend $34 for a foundation that does the same thing as a $11 foundation? I'll admit, Fenty has more than outdone itself on the 40 shade range, but other than that, it's not special. I'll finish the bottle and part ways.

on 10/7/2017 4:18:00 PM

I used this twice with a Sephora sample, I used 250 - Asian, medium shade with olive/yellow tone and it is a good shade match. Upon applying, the foundation is liquidy, and seems to cover very well with very little product. It looks pretty good upon application, but looks kind of cakey when I look really closely and it emphasizes dry areas. It didn't oxidize heavily on me. After 3 hours, I see the foundation separating at my whole nose area, this happened both times and it's very unfortunate since I really liked the shade match! After a few hours, my face looks blotchy. Sadly I won't be repurchasing.

I am always looking for that holy grail foundation. I prefer long wearing matte formulations. I was color matched as 160. It's a little tricky to match me because my cheeks are lighter than my nose and around my eyes. 150 initially looked good, but the redness around my nose showed. 160 is just slightly warmer and it makes me look better. I love that it keeps me matte. I don't need to blot or powder at all during the day. And it doesn't wear off over the course of the day. LOVE this foundation!

on 10/3/2017 11:13:00 PM

NO... honestly what is with the hype? I asked for a sample of this and the fact that I was colour matched with a colour quite a few shades lighter because it oxidizes so much is slightly annoying. I have oily/combo skin where I have some dry patches but I also get super oily throughout they day, and even I found this drying. The coverage is great but the foundation dries so fast you need apply it section by section and blend immediately otherwise it's already dry.. I don't like that. If you have super oily skin I think you'll really love this because it did keep me matte all day, it just clung to dry patches and I don't like it for the other reasons I mentioned.