Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfection! !

I love the consistency (very liquid)... coverage....and mostly how it sets to a your skin but better finish that lasts all day (I use my Becca Backlight Primer for added dimension and a slight glow)... and set the Tzpne with LM Translucent Powder.

If you prefer a glowy/dripped in dewiness look ..then this isn't for you. But if you prefer a velvet matte with lasting power...then def give this one a go.

One caveat...it does oxidise slightly upon application ...so go one shade lighter if possible (ie...310 looked perfect on my nc42 skintone upon application...but dried a little orange.....so 300 turned out to be my perfect shade..despite looking lighter to start with).

I first purchased this foundation in Paris not long after the Fenty launch. I am a huge Rihanna fan and to be honest that was my main reason for purchasing as it was a bit of an impulse buy as I was devoted to my Too Faced - Born this way foundation. However after i was colour matched at sephora i instantley fell in love with the way this foundation made my skin look. I tend to have more normal to dry skin, as this foundation has matte finish i wasnt sure whether it would be suitable.
Firstly, the colour of this foundation is perfect for my skin and the finish is immaculate. I love that this looks like skin , i love that the fact that the coverage is not full and you can build up for those days you want more coverage.
I would recommended when wearing this foundation that you prep the shit out of your skin, a good moisturiser, primer (goes beautifully with the fenty primer) and i use with MAC strobe cream which give my skin an immaculate glow. By the end of an 8 hour work day my skin is still looking amazing and my foundation has barely moved.
This formula feels so light on my skin so is perfect for everyday use and for those nights you want to opt for a full coverage you can build up without looking like a cake.
In short, this foundation has become my go to, im a slave to natural formula that doesnt have me looking like a cake. Make up shouldnt be used to conceal who we are it should be used to enhance our beauty which i feel this product does!!!
RihNavy all the way!!!!

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

on 11/25/2017 1:34:00 AM

I have this in shade 150 and if matches fairly well though maybe a hair too dark when it dries down. Slight oxidation but really no more than most foundations. Wear time is good with or without a primer; I found it looked good for up to 6 hours or so. Medium coverage with more of a satin than matte finish. Feels light on the skin. I've found good results applying with fingers or sponge. The packaging is functional and hygienic with a solid pump. Frosted glass bottle is pretty but I can see how this would make somone apprehensive to travel with it. It's a solid foundation. I would have liked to see some beneficial skincare ingredients but sometimes makeup is just makeup. Love the large range of shades. I would purchase it again.

on 11/19/2017 5:39:00 PM

I loved this foundation at first! The price is great, I love Rihanna, and it went on easily. All good, right?! WELL my first problem was how drying it was. It stopped going on nicely because of the dry patches it was creating on my skin- no primer or moisturizer would help. The bigger problem and the one that made me return a product for the first time ever- ACNE! I do not break out, I mean I get about a pimple a month- maybe! But this caused me to break out in small flesh colored zits and whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin area! It was so bad. Wish it had worked but something did not agree with my skin!

on 11/16/2017 11:08:00 PM

I love this foundation best coverage looks amazeballs on the face yes it oxydizes however she did say that it would because of the amount of pigment in the foundation and suggested buying a shade lighter so when it oxydizes it's now ur shade.it looks flawless on the skin ,after 8 hr of wear it's still flawless and fresh and still lasted long after on my oily skin,packaging is great it has a pump this has become one of my HG foundation.

on 11/16/2017 2:24:00 AM

I have very yellow, slightly olive undertones, purchased in 290 which is marketed as the olive/neutral shade.

Unfortunately this is not an olive or yellow toned shade. Oxidizes and dries down a lot more orange and darker than it looks out of the bottle. The orange/tan shade will come through after a few minutes and it is no longer olive or neutral yellow toned. I now mix it with a lighter shade (130, also tried 140 and both work) to counteract the mismatch & also because I'm paler in the winter.

Dries down very fast, you need to work quickly. This is for oily or regular skin, would not recommend for dry skin. The finish is matte, with a slightly powdery feel, it's a "dry" foundation if that makes sense. Coverage is light-medium. Staying power is average - same as most other foundations.

For coverage it will not cut it if you have redness or blemishes. I have mild redness on my cheeks and usually an active blemish or two as well as some dark spots from acne around my jawline. I'm used to going over the blemishes/scarring with concealer but I find this foundation doesn't cover even the slightest redness or even out my skintone on its own.

For dry skin avoid! I found on days my skin was drier this aged me dramatically and it actually feels dry as well.

I've used numerous other foundations both high and low end and taking into consideration both the price and the condition of my skin (being combo), this is ok.

Obviously it'll be better if you have normal or "good" skin to begin with. If you have combo skin or generally deal with problems like dry areas/blemishes/redness etc there's better products out there for comparable prices.

on 11/3/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a sample of this at Sephora but I'm going to pass - I'm oily to begin with and this made me even more oily. I didn't find the coverage to be to my liking (I prefer urban decay all nighter, studio fix by MAC) even though this is supposed to be medium to full coverage. For something "high-end and pricey" I expect better