Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Final verdict : too matte I like dewy but lasts forever. Looks great. Coverage is super but feels heavy on the face. I moisturizer well before and used the Fenty primer sample that came with it. For dry skinned girls it would be too matte. If I were going somewhere for an hour or two I would wear this but all day I feel gross. Look good but feel it on my face. I would buy this as it does perform better than the urban decay and Laura mercier samples I got in the Sephora foundation sampler.

on 5/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Foundation pros - excellent colour match, looks good when first applied. Decent coverage

Cons- no lasting power! For a foundation that claims it is long wearing, the wear is abysmal. It breaks up all over my face and gets patchy by the 2nd hour of wear. Setting spray or primers don't help much. So disappointed. Despite the colour match being good, later in the day I look orange. No bueno. Sorry Riri, there are loads of DS foundations that perform better than this.

on 5/12/2018 2:07:00 PM

It's a good foundation for oily (and/or sweaty) skin. It's not my go to since it requires quite a bit of work but if i'm going out or if it's a hot day and i have a lot to cover, i will reach for this. it's not super blendable. it's a good medium coverage that lasts nicely. i can get a pretty sweaty/wet forehead (ew i know) and this holds up super nicely.

on 5/5/2018 2:55:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation and I try a lot of high end foundations. I got this in 150 light neutral. It’s winter now and this is an exact match for my skin. I could go a little darker and blend down my neck more so it will match in summer and winter. I use ecru in doublewear. I think this is slightly lighter but perfect for me right now. This is also a little lighter than my Mac NW18 and less pink. Maybe more N15 but I’ve not tried that colour. It’s a thin consistency and a high medium coverage but buildable. Goes on beautifully with my silicone based primer (similar to the Fenty one) and a beauty blender but it dries down really quickly so work in sections. I need to moisture heavily when using this. It’s not thick on the skin but it sets and I’d never use powder over it. It’s dry enough. It looks very natural and lasts all day. It doesn’t come off with touch and I like that. Most come off round my sunglasses. I have normal skin that can run dry if I don’t look after it but I also have oily acne patches but they can still be dehydrated. The way it sets is different from any other foundation I’ve used. It’s soft matte but I think quite a unique foundation. Not dewy and definitely not cakey even when built up. Shows dry patches if skin not prep’d properly. I think I’d suggest staying away if your skin runs very dry but maybe if you use a hydrating primer and hydrating setting spray you could use this. Definitely get a sample if you have a Sephora nearby. I’ll update if it breaks me out. It’s only been 4 uses so far.

one of the worst foundations I've used, it is veryyyy dry though I have a combination skin, and when you remove it u need to spend atleast 30 min to make sure its all gone! CAKEY.. maybe it would be ok for a very oil skin tone but a very small amount mixed with another foundation, I am very honest though

I really wanted to like this foundation after all the hype. However I was really disappointed as this made me oxidize like a oompa loompa. Maybe I will try a lighter shade in the future because the finish WAS really nice. I just did not like that I looked orange in about a hours tops. If they fixed this issue with this foundation then maybe I would buy again.

Good..but I need to put two layers for areas needing more coverage....you put on one layer first ,,then let it dry for two minutes before adding second layer......and it stays on all day

Me and my mum both got shade matched to Fenty foundation during our latest sneaky shenanigans at Sephora. I was matched to 120 and she was matched to 220. Both our shade matches are impeccable and blend into our skins flawlessly. However, that is sadly where the positive points end. The "boundary breaking" shade selection is the biggest selling point with this line but unfortunately it doesn't have much else to offer. The finish is a dry powdery matte which manages to highlight any texture or slight imperfections you may have and it doesn't wear particularly good either. By the end of the day my t-zone was shiny and coverage had noticeably faded. It is fairly easy to blend with a brush or Beauty Blender but the problem is it adheres to some areas of the face whilst going patchy/uneven on other spots. I was tempted to just keep this hoping for better results when summer comes around but I'm impatient so I returned it. Kat Von D Lock It, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bobbi Brown Skin Longwear Weightless, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Diorskin Forever, Nars Sheer Glow, YSL All Hours etc are all better choices.

Pretty much every other foundation that I've tried or owned is superior to this crap by Rihanna which should be sold at Walmart for $13. This is drugstore quality makeup being sold at Sephora and touted as "highend". But to be honest there are drugstore foundations that are actually better than this. Sorry but someone had to say it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 240 (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- shade range
- medium coverage

CONS

- drying
- feels heavy
- accentuates pores
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: Mmm...no. Just no. Felt heavy and looked terrible. My face looked dry and textured. It accentuated pores and came off before 8 hours. It also didn’t grab onto certain areas of my face very well. Great shade range, but it ends there.

on 3/30/2018 4:56:00 PM

Bought this because I love Rihanna and because I´m always on the lookout for the perfect foundation. I have tried this with and without the primer and neither works for me. Looks very cakey from first application, I can not get this to blend well with the Fenty sponge or any brush or other sponge applicators. I have dry-combination skin so usually foundation looks a bit dry and cakey on me at first, then after the first hour of wear my natural oils come through and makes it look more dewy and natural. With this it only gets worse throughout the day, and I can´t salvage the look with any setting spray. I also tried using as little product as possible but that made everything look uneven and gives a strange mix of textures in the face. I don´t think this is good for drier skin types. Have seen it on normal and oily skintypes with a much better result.