Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

on 6/30/2018 12:04:00 AM

I tried this foundation when it came out and I loved it. Im not much of a foundation person, but when I bought this I used it only for special occasions. A year went by and I was lighter than the shade so I went into Sephora and they let me switch my shade without a problem because I still had about 70% of product. My only problem was that it had oxidized and made me look more tan/ orange. So I went in and exchanged my shade once again to something more neutral. This time while wearing Fenty I had noticed that it was transferring very easily. I would itch my cheek and would find the foundation under my nail and the foundation scraped right off my face. Throughout the day i found that it had creased on my laugh lines and looked really weird when I wasn't smiling or laughing because the foundation was creased around my mouth. Im not sure if I can do anything to help this from happening if so- I love this formula and Fenty products and would love to continue using it if there was a solution to the transferring.

on 5/31/2018 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It was easy to find exactly the shade of my skin. Was very surprised how I could cover any imperfection. Overall i was impressed.

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.

The packaging was really good and secure. But the foundation was awful. I got it from Harvey Nichols. It did NOT blend!! I put it on and for £26 it should have been amazing, but it flakes off straight away when I tried to blend it. After trying to put powder on it got worse and you couldn’t put any bronzer or blusher on. Now I use Number 7 and The Body Shop

on 2/24/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was sceptical because the reviews are so mixed but decided to pop into sephora and get myself a sample in shade 210. My skin is medium with neutral to slightly yellow undertones and this colour is beautiful on me.

My skin is combination oily and honestly I was soooo impressed with this product. The longer I wore it the better it looked? At first I thought it was slightly drying but as my natural oils started coming through I looked my glowy throughout the day. It held up amazing and I ordered this online the same day.

I wore this product over a thin layer of sqaulane and it looked fantastic. Also I didn't find a need to powder as it set itself. I def recommend this for oily girls

on 2/14/2018 9:48:00 PM

Edited to update 3/18/18: I have used this with a setting spray and also have applied with a beauty blender and brush. I still prefer to apply with my hands as I feel I have to use more foundation (and look more cakey) with a brush or beauty blender. The setting spray has not changed the wear or anything. I don't know if my skincare is reacting to something in the primer/foundation but I find by mid-afternoon my forehead is weirdly oily feeling. I also think it fades a bit as the day goes on but I've had that happen with all foundations I've used. I still like this foundation and would repurchase.

I just received this foundation a few days ago so this is a very preliminary review. I have been use Bare Minerals Bare Pro foundation which I find to be crap. But I am trying to use up the bottle. My skin is dry and I believe the Bare Pro was breaking me out. I finally decided to try this foundation. I can see this not working for dry skin as it will cling to dry patches. I also feel that it will look horrible if you try to apply too much to build coverage.

I am currently using 3 drops marula oil, 3 drops of rose hip oil and then Garnier Soothing moisturizer with rose water. I let it all skin in and then apply UD Optical blurring primer, then this foundation. It's only been a few days but so far this is all working with this foundation. I apply one and half pump of foundation. I feel like on me, anything more will be more mask like and will highlight all my flaws. I have also only applied with my hands. I am using shade 120 which matches my skin so well that people can't tell i'm wearing anything. I have never found a foundation that covers everything without being super thick and mask like. I have freckles and any redness from zits pops out on my fair skin so I consider coverage good if it evens me out. I do not use powder to set this as powder wreaks havoc on my dry skin. I only have the Too Faced setting spray and I haven't used it yet. I do think it fades some as the day goes on but I haven't found it to oxide.

I was surprised by this foundation. I was expecting it perform badly or just not work for my skin based on reviews. My favorite foundation is Lancome Tient Idole but if this continues to perform, it might bump Lancome. Lancome has a little more elegant formula but I can't beat the color match of fenty and fenty feels lighter on my skin. I find the coverage to be the same on me. Plus Fenty is about $10 cheaper. I will be updating if anything changes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased shade 300 I have normal skin sometimes can get oily in t zone other than tho I have normal skin type so most foundations apply on nicely. This foundation lasts so long and a little goes a long way! Looks so natural and applies blusher and any other makeup over amazing, dries matte sets quick however it doesn't dry for me applies like a dream and would definetly recommended !!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm really upset as today I've finally come to terms that I can't use this foundation anymore. It really was like I had a filter on, I looked more alive (I'm really pale and easily look ghostly), any problem area was completely covered, and it stayed on all day combined with The Ordinary primer. Unfortunately this slowly but surely was breaking me out. I never got a massive break out but I was starting to notice tiny little bumps under my skin and any acne I did have would always be worse after wearing this. It really is a shame because I was prepared to tie this with Estee lauder double wear, if not completely dethrone it, as my HG foundation