Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

on 8/17/2018 11:57:00 AM

I never in my life (i am 30 yo) have had acne, and I have always had very healthy skin but after using this foundation I started suffering from acne, I stopped completely and it has being more than 4 months of treatments and still I haven't being able to heal my skin. I really regret buying this foundation. One day I was in Sephora and talked with one of the makeup artists about this and she told me that a few clients have had the same problems with this foundation.

on 2/7/2018 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation gives me a flawless finish . Very easily buildable to give desired coverage. With one coat alone it is a medium- full coverage. The shade range is absolutely phenomenal, i would be very surprised if you cant find a shade to match your skintone. Highly recommend

on 12/26/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was super impressed by this foundation, it looked natural and lasted all day. I love a matte finish, but with dry skin it can be almost impossible to find one that doesn’t cling to dry patches. I would definitely purchase the full size of this one!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best matte foundation anywhere. It comes in the celebrated 40 shades, and true to form I can actually wear two or three of them easily. It's very pigmented, is a very matte finish (which I personally am not a fan of). But if you add a shimmery blush and highlighter, or better yet mix in some of those custom enhancer drops like from Cover Fx, it really glows! What I love best is that there are a number of shades with a golden undertone. Brown is basically orange (art smarts) so you either have a yellow brown a neutral brown or a reddish brown. Most of us medium skinned ladies need a golden undertone. In fact they are so golden in the medium shades that I can even wear what Rihanna called "neutral."

I'm Indian, and have light brown skin with a very gold vibe and 350 is my jam!

on 11/2/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm quite impressed with this stuff.

The shade range is of course amazing. As an extremely pale person (Mac NW10), I struggle to find a shade pale enough to compliment my skin. The shade 100 is perfect for me, one of the palest shade I've been able to find yet.

Although the formula is very wet and will run on your hand, it dries quickly, so the best plan is to work in small sections. I work on my face in four main areas (each cheek, forehead, and chin), and fully blend foundation onto one area before moving to the next.

With a light layer (I prefer my natural skin to show through a bit), my skin looked naturally flawless and had a decent glow. The formula is flexible in that you can have lighter, natural looks like mine or build up the product for higher coverage and more glamorous events.

Overall, my skin looked stunning with just a light layer. I haven't been this impressed by a new foundation in a long time. I haven't had any issues with longevity. Since it dries down to a powdery soft and thin finish, it was able to stay on longer and wear off more evenly.

Overall, I'm quite happy, I'll probably buy it again.

on 10/19/2017 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now, I was least excited about Fenty foundation, but I was so wrong about it.

I guess my concern was - would it work for dry skin? Because it is a "soft matte" foundation. Plus some people were saying in their videos onlince that it oxidizes/changes colour a bit as it sets. I highly recommend buying this foundation at the store (not online). 40 shades is an overwhelming amount.

On my dry skin it actually looks very natural and becomes more dewy as the day goes by. I find that it gives me a good medium coverage, which is buildable, but you can easily sheer it out if you mix it with a primer or anything like that. I got mine in the shade 150, which suits me perfectly (I am around NC20-25 MAC). You can see me wear it here and read more about other Fenty products here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/09/14/Fenty-On-The-Brain). This foundation lasts all day long, doesn't get patchy, won't feel drying. I do use a really good moisturizer underneath it, so that might be the case.

I prefer a light coverage, so save it for my "more important" days when I want my skin to look flawless. You still need a concealer with it though to cover spots. Overall - it is a good one!

on 10/15/2017 6:11:00 PM

No. Just no. Like so many better foundations. I have no clue what this is offering. I mean I guess if you have perfect skin? It's like a veil. But I just found it really off. My opinion only. I have the most finicky skin. Combo. Breakout prone. Mature. Maybe best for younger girls.

on 10/11/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the rare reviews where I'd actually go out and buy this product tomorrow if I ran out of it! I'm totally in love with this foundation for my long (10h) workdays.
This foundation is a matte, medium coverage foundation with some shimmer to it so that it looks like there is some glow on the high points of your face even when you don't have highlighter on. But don't let that fool you into thinking there's anything dewy about it. It's a very dry finish - you really don't need to powder to set. RiRi is all about matte skin and then adding shimmer back on top. This is not a no-makeup or natural finish foundation, but it does make your skin look flawless if you do it right.

A few comments:
- putting too much of this on will make your face look dry and crepey. the reviews I've seen of YouTubers who didn't love it all did this mistake
- work in zones and move fast AF with your brush or sponge. like one cheek at a time fam or your face is going to cake
- don't get fooled by the liquid consistency and try and use a floppy brush to apply. dense synthetic brushes and sponges work fine, but floppier brushes don't lay down the product properly, streak, and then it dries down fast and you're left with a complete patchy mess
- I tried it with HG mineral primer, but that's too dry. I went out and bought the RiRi matching primer and that works really well
- go to Sephora and get a colour match...you really can't tell from the internet swatches which one is going to match because it completely changes colour once it's dried

on 10/4/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to try this because it was super hyped up online. I got samples from sephora when this first launched, and tested it out before buying a bottle. I did not find my exact shade match. I am about NC10-15 and 130 was the best match, but still too dark. Since the coverage is so high you really need to match it well.

I hope if they add more shades they bring out a paler yellow shade, all the shades under 130 are far too neutral/pink for me.

I have dry skin and when prepped well it sat alright on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation a few days after it came out, because I was quite curious whether it would live up to all the hype. There were so many people raving about it and I just wanted to find out for myself if this foundation was that good. Also, Fenty Beauty is cruelty-free and this foundation is vegan-friendly.

My shade is 140, which is slightly too light, but it oxidises and after contouring my face and using bronzer, it looks extremely natural on my face. I use a synthetic flat-top brush and use stippling motions to apply the foundation. This foundation dries very quickly and can look streaky, if not applied properly. I have dry skin and this foundation can make my face look extra dry, so I moisturise my skin quite heavily before I apply this product. At the beginning this foundation can look a little patchy, but for me it blends beautifully into the skin once my skin starts to get a little oily. It has medium coverage, which is apparently buildable, but I haven't tried layering it.

The foundation lasts pretty much the whole day and I don't have to touch it up at all during the day. It is available in 40 shades, so there is definitely something for everyone, which is amazing.
Overall, it is a great foundation and it matches my skin tone almost perfectly. The downside is that it is drying and can be difficult to blend.