Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

4.7

on 12/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is currently my go to foundation. I love the velvety feel and you don't need a lot of product (I use 2 pumps for medium coverage) and it does make your skin look flawless. I was hesitant at first about this product because I have very dry skin and heard that it was very drying to the skin. However, if you have dry skin and put moisturizer before the foundation as well as a primer you'll be fine, never experienced any flakiness or clumping of foundation.

PROS:
-Don't need a lot of product.
-Various tones for any individual.
-Consistency is more fluid than most foundation, and easy to apply with a sponge, giving a vary light and natural look. (don't need to use a lot of time blending in the product)
-Do not feel like you are weighed down with makeup.

CONS :
-fairly pricey..however, its pretty comparable to other foundations in Sephora.
-Need to reapply after 8 hours (starts wearing off..)
-should use a primer , due to its matte finish fine lines may appear.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Might be good with oily skin but looks flat on dry skin. I know it’s matt but it looks very flat as well. 110 is too light and 120 is too beige. Really wanted to like it but am returning

on 9/21/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As a foundation junkie, there was no way that I was not going to buy this foundation. I'm also not big on celebrity brands but after spending about 8 hours on and off watching YouTube reviews on the Fenty products, I really wanted to try this.
I'm 62 years old. My skin is dry. Very dry. My skincare routine is very important to me. Because of this I was a bit nervous to try but I went to Sephora and was color matched. The two colors that were swatched were 160 and 170--Light/Cool. I took two samples home with me because I really wanted to "try before buy". (I did buy the Gloss Bomb and the primer--WOW).
The next morning, I made sure my skin was well-hydrated with serum and cream and when dried, I applied the Fenty primer. (review to come). Allowing about 5 minutes for the primer to set, I went ahead to apply the foundation. NOTE: Before applying the foundation, you MUST shake the bottle. Shaking the bottle helps the foundation to mix and you will not have any oxidation. At first I used a foundation brush and didn't like the way the brush applied. Then I used my finger to apply and blended in with a dampened Real Techniques blending sponge. This application worked like a charm. Next, I allowed the foundation to dry completely then buffed with a large buffing brush. Then I sprayed setting spray. The foundation did not feel dry neither did my skin. The finish was superior and the coverage is very, very good. I don't want a full coverage and one pump was all that was needed.
I've heard from some reviewers that contour can lift this foundation. This did not happen with me. I used the Match Stix in Amber. It is a very cool taupe and with my fair coloring is a great contour. Blush, everything else stayed put.
This foundation has been a delight. I've gotten many compliments on how great my skin looks--my husband, who can't stand foundation mentioned that my makeup looked very soft and natural. At a price point of $34, this is a great value because you don't need a lot of product. If you remember to shake the bottle it won't oxodize. Honestly, I had no oxidization at all! Hope this helps. Oh..and this cosmetics line is very "old lady" friendly!