Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.2

Nope. Definitely not one for me.

I’ve break out prone skin, acne prone skin, clogged prone skin, large pores combination t zone and dry skin on my eye areas.

This broke me out a little after 2 uses, left me with clogged pores and dried out the skin around my eyes/ cheeks.

The finish was lovely though, a nice soft matte as it’s namesake. But it didn’t wear well, cakey and disintegrates after a few hours of wear.

Thankfully I didn’t spend any monies on this as it was a Christmas gift.

Much Overrated imo

on 1/29/2018 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this because you get more than what you pay for. It’s the cheapest foundation I’ve ever found of this quality. It oxidizes, so it’s best to try it in stores in your neck first.

The only thing is that my “perfect match” actually makes my face look pretty bland. I tried contouring and putting concealer on top and bronzers but to be honest I don’t think anything mixes well with this foundation.

Solution: I got a shade lighter and I wear 2 shades every day. I feel it’s worth it because in total that’s almost $70 for 2 foundations and it’s perfect for oily skin because it doesn’t go ANYWHERE and if you put s little power or use a blotting paper it’s like you’ve just done your makeup all over again! Love!!!

on 1/21/2018 12:53:00 AM

Stay clear away from this product if you have dry skin. I’ve combination skin and you could clearly see patches of foundation on the drier parts. I decided to give it a second go, tried mixing the same amount of la roche-posay toleriane fluid ( oil free and super lightweight moisturizer ) with the amount of foundation I was going to use, and it turned out perfect! It’s even better than the nars sheer glow after a long day. It doesn’t slide as much.

on 12/9/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and this gave me horrible acne! Worse than I've ever got before. My skin is so dry when using this foundation that I've actually got my first wrinkle across my forhead and under my eyes & after about 2 hours of wear i can see it melting off everywhere. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

Compre esta base por pura novelería a pesar de haber escuchado malas opiniones. Tuve la esperanza de que me gustara pero NO, primero queda mate solo al inicio, luego se vuelve un desastre grasoso en la piel, aproximadamente a las 3 horas se marcan terriblemente los poros y ni que decir al final del día que ya no tengo nada de producto en mi nariz y mentón, segundo cambia el color de manera espantosa, por lo menos a 3 tonos más oscuros.
Al final terminé por regalarla a una amiga.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
A lot of product for the money.
Pretty packaging comes with a pump.. that’s always a plus.
Color range is good (if you have warm under tones).
Lasts a long time.

CONS:
Caused me to break out.
Serious flashback in photos Not enough colors for people who have cool undertones ... even though they say they have cool tones they are still extremely yellow.
Not easy to blend.
Oxidizes 2 shades darker than when first applied.
Enphesised dry patches and lines.

on 9/23/2017 1:00:00 PM

I purchased this because, quite simply, I bought the hype. I am tired of trying foundations that look like they match but pale me out, or make me look like an oomph loompa (CT, looking at you). With the promise of so many colors, I was confident I could find a color match. I did. That's where it ends. I wore it the first day and it was nice. I wasn't awwwweeeeeddddd, but it was okay. I have hyper pigmentation and have always been on a quest to find something that will not look like a mask, but not call attention to the melasma/hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. At first, it was okay. Nothing to rave about. It seemed like it was heavier than some of the stuff I have been used to. After having tried IT Cosmetics, I thought this might be my savior. It was matte on my skin. I didn't feel as if I was wearing a mask if I was careful. If I pumped too much, yeah---mask city. I have worn it for a week straight. I am a high school English teacher in South Florida. After a hurricane. My priorities should not be to hide from people because of my foundation and yet, that's what I was doing. Every morning I tried different primers and different foundations, however, at the end of the day, my skin always looked like a hot mess. I live in South Fl. makeup has to hold up, not oxidize and look natural because in the unforgiving light of the sun, it is a "clutch your pearls" moment otherwise. Anyway, my spots looked even darker and my face did too. The foundation was still there, but there was no coverage anymore. I can't explain it, but my skin looked bad....I mean I looked like I had been through a war. UGH...Returning it back to Sephora.

on 9/20/2017 1:53:00 AM

This line doesn't have enough true neutral shades. I'm a light tan, peachy neutral skintone (my best matches are giorgio armani LSF #8 and l'oreal true match N6) and I found that 270 was too pale/yellow, 280 was the closest match, but still a tinge too yellow, 290 was too gray/green and 300 was way too orange. I didn't even bother trying 310 (which would be too dark) or 260 (which would be too light). I did find that the foundation needed a few minutes to "set", in which you then saw the true, final color. Other than that, I felt the foundation needed some prep for my combination skin. If I moisturized and then applied, I had a nice outcome. If I merely applied primer and then this foundation, I would appear a littttle too dry. Overall though, I think it's a nice shade for both winter (over a heavy cream moisturizer) and summer (over a light SPF). If Fenty Beauty expanded the shade range for the medium-tan and/or neutral gals, I'd be interested. It almost seems like my best match would be 285... which of course doesn't exist (yet).

on 9/15/2017 4:58:00 PM

This is an okay foundation. It falls apart after 4-6 hours. I don't like that it oxidizes so much as well. I think L'Oréal pro matte is a better foundation.