Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.3

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
A lot of product for the money.
Pretty packaging comes with a pump.. that’s always a plus.
Color range is good (if you have warm under tones).
Lasts a long time.

CONS:
Caused me to break out.
Not enough colors for people who have cool undertones ... even though they say they have cool tones they are still extremely yellow.
Not easy to blend.
Oxidizes 2 shades darker than when first applied.
Enphesised dry patches and lines.

on 9/23/2017 1:00:00 PM

I purchased this because, quite simply, I bought the hype. I am tired of trying foundations that look like they match but pale me out, or make me look like an oomph loompa (CT, looking at you). With the promise of so many colors, I was confident I could find a color match. I did. That's where it ends. I wore it the first day and it was nice. I wasn't awwwweeeeeddddd, but it was okay. I have hyper pigmentation and have always been on a quest to find something that will not look like a mask, but not call attention to the melasma/hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. At first, it was okay. Nothing to rave about. It seemed like it was heavier than some of the stuff I have been used to. After having tried IT Cosmetics, I thought this might be my savior. It was matte on my skin. I didn't feel as if I was wearing a mask if I was careful. If I pumped too much, yeah---mask city. I have worn it for a week straight. I am a high school English teacher in South Florida. After a hurricane. My priorities should not be to hide from people because of my foundation and yet, that's what I was doing. Every morning I tried different primers and different foundations, however, at the end of the day, my skin always looked like a hot mess. I live in South Fl. makeup has to hold up, not oxidize and look natural because in the unforgiving light of the sun, it is a "clutch your pearls" moment otherwise. Anyway, my spots looked even darker and my face did too. The foundation was still there, but there was no coverage anymore. I can't explain it, but my skin looked bad....I mean I looked like I had been through a war. UGH...Returning it back to Sephora.

on 9/20/2017 1:53:00 AM

This line doesn't have enough true neutral shades. I'm a light tan, peachy neutral skintone (my best matches are giorgio armani LSF #8 and l'oreal true match N6) and I found that 270 was too pale/yellow, 280 was the closest match, but still a tinge too yellow, 290 was too gray/green and 300 was way too orange. I didn't even bother trying 310 (which would be too dark) or 260 (which would be too light). I did find that the foundation needed a few minutes to "set", in which you then saw the true, final color. Other than that, I felt the foundation needed some prep for my combination skin. If I moisturized and then applied, I had a nice outcome. If I merely applied primer and then this foundation, I would appear a littttle too dry. Overall though, I think it's a nice shade for both winter (over a heavy cream moisturizer) and summer (over a light SPF). If Fenty Beauty expanded the shade range for the medium-tan and/or neutral gals, I'd be interested. It almost seems like my best match would be 285... which of course doesn't exist (yet).

on 9/15/2017 4:58:00 PM

I think the finish of this foundation is beautiful however it oxidizes terribly and can't seem to find a color that matches well. It is either too orange or too red. After 5/6 hours of wear, my complexion has Completely changed. Otherwise an affordable smooth lightweight foundation. I think I will stick to my promatte loreal foundation for now.