Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I was pushed into buying this as when I swatched it instore I thought it clung to dry spots/ pores a lot. But the lady who served me gave me all sorts of reasons why like because I had no primer on blah blah. Anyway I bought it, tried it at home and kinda hated it. I’ve since tried it again with Mac strobe cream applied shortly before which seems to help and using a beauty blender. It actually looks pretty nice once all my makeup is on and it’s one of my preferred foundations at the moment but I wouldn’t rebuy as too much hard work. I have normal skin, not particularly dry. Coverage is pretty average too. Still on the hunt for my HG!

This is such an interesting foundation because people seem to love it or hate it. Unfortunately, this was a mess for me. Probably the worst looking foundation I've used on my skin.
To start out, I have pale NC10 skin that is normal but can get slightly oily on my nose and chin. My main skin issue is large hole-like pores on my cheeks. I need a foundation that can glide over those pores and smooth them out while matching my skin color. This foundation didn't cut it.
I used the lightest shade which matched fairly well although it did darken about a shade. The foundation looked about half a shade too dark after darkening against my neck but looked fine head-on. Certainly lighter than many other foundations.
Before I talk about the finish, I should mention that the packaging is beautiful with a great pump. It's what all high-end foundations should be like.
Now, onto the bad. This foundation is very thin and very dry. I think it's thinness caused it to gather into every pore on my and highlight them like I've never seen a foundation do before. Keep in mind this is after moisturizing and priming my face. I even broke our Benefit Porefessional (which I don't usually like) to see if that would help. No matter what primer or application I used I could not get it to apply evenly and look smooth on my face.
The wear was not much better. Despite looking dry upon application within 4 hours my nose was an oil slick. The minimal amount of oil my skin produced was enough to break apart this foundation.
One last thing. This product STINKS of powdery perfume and the scent lingers. Seriously, imagine your granny's perfume.
I gave 2 stars solely for the packaging and shade selection, but those are the only positives I have for this foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The shade range of Fenty’s foundation is fabulous! I am NC15 in MAC and found 130 suited me very well. I didn’t find that it oxidised at all, it stayed true to colour. Some reviewers find that it becomes a shade or two darker after drying so I recommend trying it out first to see how it sits on your skin. This foundation is very matte, but it doesn’t dry out my skin. It doesn’t cause any redness or irritation either. I find that it looks quite natural despite the matte finish - not at all cakey or mask like. I use about 1-1.5 pumps to cover my face. I don’t consider this a full coverage foundation though - more medium coverage. It will conceale any redness, uneven skin tone, dark circles or blemishes but some freckles do still show through. I personally prefer medium coverage foundation so am happy with the finish. It wears well throughout the day, it doesn’t fade, become patchy throughout the day or transfer. It even lasts through the heat and humidity (and sweating!). It is quite reasonably priced and comes in a lovely frosted glass bottle with a pump. I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm really upset as today I've finally come to terms that I can't use this foundation anymore. It really was like I had a filter on, I looked more alive (I'm really pale and easily look ghostly), any problem area was completely covered, and it stayed on all day combined with The Ordinary primer. Unfortunately this slowly but surely was breaking me out. I never got a massive break out but I was starting to notice tiny little bumps under my skin and any acne I did have would always be worse after wearing this. It really is a shame because I was prepared to tie this with Estee lauder double wear, if not completely dethrone it, as my HG foundation

on 12/26/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was super impressed by this foundation, it looked natural and lasted all day. I love a matte finish, but with dry skin it can be almost impossible to find one that doesn’t cling to dry patches. I would definitely purchase the full size of this one!

on 12/23/2017 12:30:00 PM

This is my all time favorite foundation! I love how this feels and it is so full coverage to be a liquid! It gives me a flawless finish and tends to set itself!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

on 11/25/2017 1:34:00 AM

I have this in shade 150 and if matches fairly well though maybe a hair too dark when it dries down. Slight oxidation but really no more than most foundations. Wear time is good with or without a primer; I found it looked good for up to 6 hours or so. Medium coverage with more of a satin than matte finish. Feels light on the skin. I've found good results applying with fingers or sponge. The packaging is functional and hygienic with a solid pump. Frosted glass bottle is pretty but I can see how this would make somone apprehensive to travel with it. It's a solid foundation. I would have liked to see some beneficial skincare ingredients but sometimes makeup is just makeup. Love the large range of shades. I would purchase it again.

on 11/8/2017 10:51:00 AM

This foundation dries so quickly on the face and is so hard to blend evenly. The finish is very cakey and my pores are enlarged. My skin feels dry and tight after application. There are many drug store brands that do much better foundation than Fenty Beauty. I am disappointed. Maybe it will work if you have extremely oily skin. I have normal skin.

on 11/3/2017 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really sceptical about trying this foundation, and I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I have extremely oily skin and acne with scarring (darker scars and “craters”). My pores aren’t horrible, but can become exaggerated depending on which foundation I use. This foundation is possibly the best foundation that I’ve tried for oily skin! I would say that it had a light to medium coverage. It dries very fast so you have to work quickly. You can layer it if you want a more full coverage, but it’s a bit difficult however it can be achieved. It fills in my “crater” scars from acne, and my pores which is lovely because of my textured skin. It creates a significantly smoother appearance. This foundation did not oxidise on me (most foundations don’t). I have fair skin, and purchased the lightest shade (100) which is actually too light, so I’ll be purchasing the shade 110 when it comes back into stock. DO NOT buy this foundation without swatching it in store first. Sephora matched me to the shade 120, which ended up being ridiculously yellow when I swatched it in store. My only criticism is that it has an unpleasant play dough scent which makes me feel nauseous. The scent lingers, even after hours of wear but it isn’t as intense as initial application. You probably won’t enjoy it if you’re sensitive to scent. I would only recommend this foundation to people with oily or normal/combination skin. If you have dry skin, stay away from this foundation because it is extremely matte.