Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

on 7/10/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

While I appreciate Fenty Beauty's broad option of shades to choose from, this foundation did not work for me. I am very oily, acne-prone, and have crater pores. All my conditions are managed by skincare most of the time. But a proper foundation is still key.

I found this foundation to be cakey. Even worse, it sank into every imperfection on my face. The pores around my nose became emphasized. Even with a very matte setting powder, oil broke through within 3 hours.

I will not repurchase.

on 6/6/2018 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a decent foundation. Normally I have very dry skin and a matte foundation would never work for me. My skin has been improving and now leans more towards the combintion type, so i thought I would give this a shot.

Pros: excellent shade range. I chose shade 140 and it matches my skin perfectly. I find the coverage to be buildable and I am happy with it. I apply it with a round face brush and that seems to work well. It does dry quickly, but overall I find it soaks onto my skin fairly well.

Cons: can get Cakey around mouth area, requires a good skincare routine for dry skin types, is always sold out.

I really need to make sure my skin is properly hydrated before applying, and even still it can become cakey in certain spots. It does hold up well throughout the day, and even after a night out dancing it still looked decently okay. It’s definitly not the worst foundation I have used, but my shade is often sold out and I’m not really sure it’s worth all the hype. I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to get it again.

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

on 5/14/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not too impressed by this foundation. I was looking for a more economical choice to the normal foundation I use, and decided to try this one since it had pretty decent reviews on Sephora.

This is a pretty thick formulation. It didn't spread very well with a dry sponge, though it might work okay with a wet beauty blender. It dries pretty fast otherwise and even though I blended very thoroughly ( I thought), it was still a little streaky and not very blended into my hairline either. I also think these colors lean a little to the warm side and I'm typically neutral so that might be a no-no for very fair or cool toned girls.

Not a big fan overall. I've found drugstore foundations like Almay that are more effective.

on 5/12/2018 2:07:00 PM

It's a good foundation for oily (and/or sweaty) skin. It's not my go to since it requires quite a bit of work but if i'm going out or if it's a hot day and i have a lot to cover, i will reach for this. it's not super blendable. it's a good medium coverage that lasts nicely. i can get a pretty sweaty/wet forehead (ew i know) and this holds up super nicely.

on 5/5/2018 2:55:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation and I try a lot of high end foundations. I got this in 150 light neutral. It’s winter now and this is an exact match for my skin. I could go a little darker and blend down my neck more so it will match in summer and winter. I use ecru in doublewear. I think this is slightly lighter but perfect for me right now. This is also a little lighter than my Mac NW18 and less pink. Maybe more N15 but I’ve not tried that colour. It’s a thin consistency and a high medium coverage but buildable. Goes on beautifully with my silicone based primer (similar to the Fenty one) and a beauty blender but it dries down really quickly so work in sections. I need to moisture heavily when using this. It’s not thick on the skin but it sets and I’d never use powder over it. It’s dry enough. It looks very natural and lasts all day. It doesn’t come off with touch and I like that. Most come off round my sunglasses. I have normal skin that can run dry if I don’t look after it but I also have oily acne patches but they can still be dehydrated. The way it sets is different from any other foundation I’ve used. It’s soft matte but I think quite a unique foundation. Not dewy and definitely not cakey even when built up. Shows dry patches if skin not prep’d properly. I think I’d suggest staying away if your skin runs very dry but maybe if you use a hydrating primer and hydrating setting spray you could use this. Definitely get a sample if you have a Sephora nearby. I’ll update if it breaks me out. It’s only been 4 uses so far.

Me and my mum both got shade matched to Fenty foundation during our latest sneaky shenanigans at Sephora. I was matched to 120 and she was matched to 220. Both our shade matches are impeccable and blend into our skins flawlessly. However, that is sadly where the positive points end. The "boundary breaking" shade selection is the biggest selling point with this line but unfortunately it doesn't have much else to offer. The finish is a dry powdery matte which manages to highlight any texture or slight imperfections you may have and it doesn't wear particularly good either. By the end of the day my t-zone was shiny and coverage had noticeably faded. It is fairly easy to blend with a brush or Beauty Blender but the problem is it adheres to some areas of the face whilst going patchy/uneven on other spots. I was tempted to just keep this hoping for better results when summer comes around but I'm impatient so I returned it. Kat Von D Lock It, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bobbi Brown Skin Longwear Weightless, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Diorskin Forever, Nars Sheer Glow, YSL All Hours etc are all better choices.

Pretty much every other foundation that I've tried or owned is superior to this crap by Rihanna which should be sold at Walmart for $13. This is drugstore quality makeup being sold at Sephora and touted as "highend". But to be honest there are drugstore foundations that are actually better than this. Sorry but someone had to say it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample from Sephora. Awful. It looked as if I had not washed my face in four days, loaded on a ton of powder foundation, and then put liquid ON TOP of the powder. I'm not joking. It's so thin, yet so cakey. It reminds me of how the wet n wild photofocus foundation looked on my skin, but worse.

This release was a joke. It had to be. It reminds me of some kind of Mary Kay cream-to-powder junk from the early 2000s. In this day and age - when BEAUTIFUL matte foundations exist - why, why, why would you make a formula like this? I really feel like they didn't put much thought into this. It doesn't have that "airbrushed" matte look. It looks like a dog took a dump on your face.

Seems like the other Fenty products are fine, but this was bad. Hopefully she comes out with more foundations.

on 4/1/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much because the color match was so great, but within an hour the foundation had started to separate on my chin and nose. I shook it well. I tried two different primers. Nothing worked. I guess my skin is just too oily.