Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.8

on 6/26/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i did like this, but i didn't love it. i really appreciate and love the wide shade range and the nice packaging. however, i did not how difficult it was for me to blend it out (with both a sponge and a brush). plus, i found myself getting extremely oily within 3-4 hours, with a primer, powder, and setting spray, and my skin isn't even that oily. i really wish i loved it, but i will not be repurchasing.

Good..but I need to put two layers for areas needing more coverage....you put on one layer first ,,then let it dry for two minutes before adding second layer......and it stays on all day

Nope. Definitely not one for me.

I’ve break out prone skin, acne prone skin, clogged prone skin, large pores combination t zone and dry skin on my eye areas.

This broke me out a little after 2 uses, left me with clogged pores and dried out the skin around my eyes/ cheeks.

The finish was lovely though, a nice soft matte as it’s namesake. But it didn’t wear well, cakey and disintegrates after a few hours of wear.

Thankfully I didn’t spend any monies on this as it was a Christmas gift.

Much Overrated imo

The shade range for this Fenty foundation is fantastic. I did have to sample a few shades before I settled on one shade. I found the shades do oxidize on my skin. I followed instructions from others to shake the bottle well before application and even tried applying primers on my skin before applying the Fenty foundation but it still oxidizes. Shade 320 is my perfect match. The formula is very matte. I do like to apply the foundation with the Fenty foundation brush. The formula holds up well throughout the day but the issue I have with it is that is accentuates my pores on my cheeks. By the end of the day it does not look as good on my skin like my fave foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 1/21/2018 12:53:00 AM

Stay clear away from this product if you have dry skin. I’ve combination skin and you could clearly see patches of foundation on the drier parts. I decided to give it a second go, tried mixing the same amount of la roche-posay toleriane fluid ( oil free and super lightweight moisturizer ) with the amount of foundation I was going to use, and it turned out perfect! It’s even better than the nars sheer glow after a long day. It doesn’t slide as much.

on 12/22/2017 6:58:00 AM

I bought this foundation based on reviews I had read. The pump is nice, dispenses the right amount of product. But the look of this is very flat, and can age you. It honestly looked like I was wearing an old type foundation from the sixties! Not for anyone with dry skin. Unless you are looking for maximum coverage and a mask-like finish, stay away from this!

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

Compre esta base por pura novelería a pesar de haber escuchado malas opiniones. Tuve la esperanza de que me gustara pero NO, primero queda mate solo al inicio, luego se vuelve un desastre grasoso en la piel, aproximadamente a las 3 horas se marcan terriblemente los poros y ni que decir al final del día que ya no tengo nada de producto en mi nariz y mentón, segundo cambia el color de manera espantosa, por lo menos a 3 tonos más oscuros.
Al final terminé por regalarla a una amiga.

on 10/11/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the rare reviews where I'd actually go out and buy this product tomorrow if I ran out of it! I'm totally in love with this foundation for my long (10h) workdays.
This foundation is a matte, medium coverage foundation with some shimmer to it so that it looks like there is some glow on the high points of your face even when you don't have highlighter on. But don't let that fool you into thinking there's anything dewy about it. It's a very dry finish - you really don't need to powder to set. RiRi is all about matte skin and then adding shimmer back on top. This is not a no-makeup or natural finish foundation, but it does make your skin look flawless if you do it right.

A few comments:
- putting too much of this on will make your face look dry and crepey. the reviews I've seen of YouTubers who didn't love it all did this mistake
- work in zones and move fast AF with your brush or sponge. like one cheek at a time fam or your face is going to cake
- don't get fooled by the liquid consistency and try and use a floppy brush to apply. dense synthetic brushes and sponges work fine, but floppier brushes don't lay down the product properly, streak, and then it dries down fast and you're left with a complete patchy mess
- I tried it with HG mineral primer, but that's too dry. I went out and bought the RiRi matching primer and that works really well
- go to Sephora and get a colour match...you really can't tell from the internet swatches which one is going to match because it completely changes colour once it's dried

I really wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out