Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.9

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

Compre esta base por pura novelería a pesar de haber escuchado malas opiniones. Tuve la esperanza de que me gustara pero NO, primero queda mate solo al inicio, luego se vuelve un desastre grasoso en la piel, aproximadamente a las 3 horas se marcan terriblemente los poros y ni que decir al final del día que ya no tengo nada de producto en mi nariz y mentón, segundo cambia el color de manera espantosa, por lo menos a 3 tonos más oscuros.
Al final terminé por regalarla a una amiga.

on 10/11/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the rare reviews where I'd actually go out and buy this product tomorrow if I ran out of it! I'm totally in love with this foundation for my long (10h) workdays.
This foundation is a matte, medium coverage foundation with some shimmer to it so that it looks like there is some glow on the high points of your face even when you don't have highlighter on. But don't let that fool you into thinking there's anything dewy about it. It's a very dry finish - you really don't need to powder to set. RiRi is all about matte skin and then adding shimmer back on top. This is not a no-makeup or natural finish foundation, but it does make your skin look flawless if you do it right.

A few comments:
- putting too much of this on will make your face look dry and crepey. the reviews I've seen of YouTubers who didn't love it all did this mistake
- work in zones and move fast AF with your brush or sponge. like one cheek at a time fam or your face is going to cake
- don't get fooled by the liquid consistency and try and use a floppy brush to apply. dense synthetic brushes and sponges work fine, but floppier brushes don't lay down the product properly, streak, and then it dries down fast and you're left with a complete patchy mess
- I tried it with HG mineral primer, but that's too dry. I went out and bought the RiRi matching primer and that works really well
- go to Sephora and get a colour match...you really can't tell from the internet swatches which one is going to match because it completely changes colour once it's dried

I really wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out

on 9/26/2017 9:11:00 PM

I was so excited for this foundation- partly because I find it very difficult to find foundation to match my olive/tan skin tone. I have mostly neutral undertones, however my skin is leaning on the warmer side of neutral. Anywho, seeing that somebody finally decided to make foundations in various darker shades and all the rave reviews, I thought for sure I'd find a holy grain foundation.

I'll start by saying this foundation is annoying because of how quickly it dries, and you feel like you have to rush to put it on. Its also not the easiest to blend. The other thing, is that there is not enough neutral undertones in this range. I was matched with 290 (Medium Neutral Olive) but as soon as I looked in the mirror, it was evident it was too light. I waited a while, knowing it would oxidise. It was still too light and made me look ghosty. The only next shade the girl at Sephora said was an option was 360 (Tan Neutral Olive)- it was certainly warmer on my skin, and didn't look too dark at the time. But knowing it would oxidise, I knew within an hour it would be too dark. I left it on for six hours and the amount the foundation oxidized was ridiculous. It easily became almost 2 shades darker, and made me look very orange. I also found the formula made my skin feel a little dry. (I have normal/sensitive skin)
The coverage is also not as good as what I was expecting. It is really a Medium coverage foundation, whilst it is buildable to full coverage, it starts to look cakey and feel heavy. And again, I found the more you put on, the worse it oxidizes. For $50 a bottle, I just don't feel its worth it.
In future if Fenty adds more shades and improves the formula, I would be more than willing to give it another go. But for now, its a pass for me.

on 9/20/2017 1:53:00 AM

This line doesn't have enough true neutral shades. I'm a light tan, peachy neutral skintone (my best matches are giorgio armani LSF #8 and l'oreal true match N6) and I found that 270 was too pale/yellow, 280 was the closest match, but still a tinge too yellow, 290 was too gray/green and 300 was way too orange. I didn't even bother trying 310 (which would be too dark) or 260 (which would be too light). I did find that the foundation needed a few minutes to "set", in which you then saw the true, final color. Other than that, I felt the foundation needed some prep for my combination skin. If I moisturized and then applied, I had a nice outcome. If I merely applied primer and then this foundation, I would appear a littttle too dry. Overall though, I think it's a nice shade for both winter (over a heavy cream moisturizer) and summer (over a light SPF). If Fenty Beauty expanded the shade range for the medium-tan and/or neutral gals, I'd be interested. It almost seems like my best match would be 285... which of course doesn't exist (yet).

on 9/15/2017 4:58:00 PM

I think the finish of this foundation is beautiful however it oxidizes terribly and can't seem to find a color that matches well. It is either too orange or too red. After 5/6 hours of wear, my complexion has Completely changed. Otherwise an affordable smooth lightweight foundation. I think I will stick to my promatte loreal foundation for now.