Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfection! !

I love the consistency (very liquid)... coverage....and mostly how it sets to a your skin but better finish that lasts all day (I use my Becca Backlight Primer for added dimension and a slight glow)... and set the Tzpne with LM Translucent Powder.

If you prefer a glowy/dripped in dewiness look ..then this isn't for you. But if you prefer a velvet matte with lasting power...then def give this one a go.

One caveat...it does oxidise slightly upon application ...so go one shade lighter if possible (ie...310 looked perfect on my nc42 skintone upon application...but dried a little orange.....so 300 turned out to be my perfect shade..despite looking lighter to start with).

on 12/15/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely not for dry skin. The sales rep raved about this product. It may do well for those with dry skin but it made my dry skin look terrible. It sunk into fine lines and pores. Returned it.

I first purchased this foundation in Paris not long after the Fenty launch. I am a huge Rihanna fan and to be honest that was my main reason for purchasing as it was a bit of an impulse buy as I was devoted to my Too Faced - Born this way foundation. However after i was colour matched at sephora i instantley fell in love with the way this foundation made my skin look. I tend to have more normal to dry skin, as this foundation has matte finish i wasnt sure whether it would be suitable.
Firstly, the colour of this foundation is perfect for my skin and the finish is immaculate. I love that this looks like skin , i love that the fact that the coverage is not full and you can build up for those days you want more coverage.
I would recommended when wearing this foundation that you prep the shit out of your skin, a good moisturiser, primer (goes beautifully with the fenty primer) and i use with MAC strobe cream which give my skin an immaculate glow. By the end of an 8 hour work day my skin is still looking amazing and my foundation has barely moved.
This formula feels so light on my skin so is perfect for everyday use and for those nights you want to opt for a full coverage you can build up without looking like a cake.
In short, this foundation has become my go to, im a slave to natural formula that doesnt have me looking like a cake. Make up shouldnt be used to conceal who we are it should be used to enhance our beauty which i feel this product does!!!
RihNavy all the way!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best matte foundation anywhere. It comes in the celebrated 40 shades, and true to form I can actually wear two or three of them easily. It's very pigmented, is a very matte finish (which I personally am not a fan of). But if you add a shimmery blush and highlighter, or better yet mix in some of those custom enhancer drops like from Cover Fx, it really glows! What I love best is that there are a number of shades with a golden undertone. Brown is basically orange (art smarts) so you either have a yellow brown a neutral brown or a reddish brown. Most of us medium skinned ladies need a golden undertone. In fact they are so golden in the medium shades that I can even wear what Rihanna called "neutral."

I'm Indian, and have light brown skin with a very gold vibe and 350 is my jam!

on 12/10/2017 7:38:00 AM

I had a horrible allergic reaction to this foundation! I'm not acne prone at all, I get like two-three pimples when I'm about to have my period but this foundation made me break out like crazy, I had pimples and red bumps all over my chin and forehead :( which made me so sad because I loved the color of the foundation and that my skin stayed matte all day. If the formula is tweaked, I would definitely buy again but for now i'm returning my bottle to get my money back.

on 12/9/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and this gave me horrible acne! Worse than I've ever got before. My skin is so dry when using this foundation that I've actually got my first wrinkle across my forhead and under my eyes & after about 2 hours of wear i can see it melting off everywhere. I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 12/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is currently my go to foundation. I love the velvety feel and you don't need a lot of product (I use 2 pumps for medium coverage) and it does make your skin look flawless. I was hesitant at first about this product because I have very dry skin and heard that it was very drying to the skin. However, if you have dry skin and put moisturizer before the foundation as well as a primer you'll be fine, never experienced any flakiness or clumping of foundation.

PROS:
-Don't need a lot of product.
-Various tones for any individual.
-Consistency is more fluid than most foundation, and easy to apply with a sponge, giving a vary light and natural look. (don't need to use a lot of time blending in the product)
-Do not feel like you are weighed down with makeup.

CONS :
-fairly pricey..however, its pretty comparable to other foundations in Sephora.
-Need to reapply after 8 hours (starts wearing off..)
-should use a primer , due to its matte finish fine lines may appear.

on 12/3/2017 9:02:00 PM

Bought this, wore it for three days and started breaking out in little bumps all over my face. The next day the bumps were blisters, not pimples or comedones, but blisters. The only other time I ever had a bad reaction from a foundation was when I tried wearing LORAC's Porefection Foundation and had an allergic reaction to the chemical sunscreens in the foundation. Since that episode, I am normally VERY careful about reading the ingredients to make sure there is nothing in the mix that will cause this type of reaction, but I was so eager to try this based on the reviews that I neglected to do my homework.

Unfortunately, this is going back to Sephora for a refund. Now I just have to clean up the mess that this foundation made of my skin!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this online on the 110 shade and when I first opened the box I got nervous because it was pale-- too pale, but then I tried it on anyway and it oxidized to match my skin tone perfectly. I love how I don't get too oily on this one, unlike MAC Studio Fix where in only 3 hours I can fry things on my face; this wore on to a dewy finish that blotterazzi can fix easily. I use only one pump and blend with beautyblender; works well for me. Bit pale on the outset but I oxidize in minutes, perf match. Bit too pricey though; glad I went for the lighter shade; I was recommended 220 warm peach and the horror if i got that instead and went to oxidize like I did. 110 is a match; could probably go for 120 or 140, contemplating those shades on next repurchase.