Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 3/17/2019 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use YSL All Hours foundation & recently purchased this stuff looking for something that wouldn’t separate throughout the day & wouldn’t settle into lines (YSL was bad for this!). It definitely achieves that end! Doesn’t split, crack, stays the hell out of wrinkles & smile lines. Doesn’t transfer to anything - it dries quickly & thoroughly. The finish wasn’t too remarkable - kind of a powdery dull look, which I suppose is only to be expected of a matte foundation. It stays ALL day. I get a bit oily around my t- zone & it very slightly shines through, not enough to warrant blotting however. After work I tried to rub it around to test it’s staying power & it did not move. Definitely a long laster (I cant stress this enough, it’s easily it’s best feature). However, it’s got its downfalls. Oxidizes terribly. Buying a lighter shade would hardly help as it oxidizes about 2-3 hours into the day; and turns more orange than anything. It’s also not buildable whatsoever. I noticed it went on very light and the coverage wasn’t great, so I went to go add another layer and the previous layer came off! Left me looking a bit splotchy. It also is very drying; which could easily be overcome by using a strong moisturizer, but I won’t be changing my faithful moisturizer for this stuff. Its very hard to apply; being a quick drying foundation it will literally dry as you attempt to blend it with a beauty blender & you need to work very fast. I also got a skin reaction from it, not too sure what exactly happened but my skin became very rough & dry around my eyes & my eyelids were incredibly puffy after I took the foundation off! Eyes were also watering all day & were itchy. Cleared up after I had it off for an hour or two. To be completely honest I don’t see how there’s so much hype surrounding this foundation, it’s at best a mediocre product. The $12 drugstore brand Fit Me is a better product all around. For my skin type anyway!

on 3/14/2019 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Before I talk about the foundation I want to talk about the shades. I know Fenty has more than the average has to offer, but they have still failed to create a shade for me. I have a medium brown skin tone with a strong olive undertone, I basically look very olive but I can’t manage to find a shade. 290 got the undertone right, 300, 320 & 340 are peachy so they don’t match, 310 is a little too neutral and 330 is dark enough but is very orange, 345 fits the perimeter of my face best but it’s more red than olive, yet it claims olive. So I bought 290&345 and I mix them. But I don’t like how they pride themselves when they fail in the olive category.

So about the foundation- love the texture, not drying (if you use a non matte primer), blues pores, covers enough of my acne, covers redness, doesn’t really cling to peach fuzz.

But it doesn’t do much with my skin texture. Doesn’t enhance it but doesn’t help it either. It also dries as I apply it and it’s too quick for me and I have trouble working in sections I don’t like that at all.

I don’t know if I would buy it again but it is a great product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

on 2/28/2019 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received two samples of this as I tried to decide if I should keep the Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation I bought. I wore the Fenty for a couple of days and at first was impressed, but I did notice that it started to break up around my chin and nose close to the end of my workday. I gave it another shot today, and at first thought I would return the Too Faced foundation, but after blotting and lightly powdering my T-zone around noon, I noticed it was separating on my forehead. I took a closer look and when I touched it, all the foundation came off on my fingers, leaving a streaky mess! My longtime foundation love is ED Double Wear, but I was finding it a bit heavy, so wanted to try something else. The Sephora clerk recommended Fenty for my oily skin. I gave it a chance, but I won't be purchasing it as it just didn't have the staying power I wanted. I wear 1N2 Ecru in EDDW, Snow in Too Faced Peach and the 120 in the Fenty was the best colour because it did darken after I applied it.

Really wanted to like this foundation but found it cakey looking as soon as I applied it. It separates on my skin during the day but most other foundations I have tried don’t do this. Really disappointed and not worth the money :(

on 2/26/2019 12:31:00 PM

At first I didn't like this foundation. I found it dehydrating and unnatural. I have a normal to dry mature dehydrated skin. Then I tried to mix it with some marula oil and it actually worked for me. When applying it feels very sticky but it settles very quickly. It doesn't go into my small lines and pores. It lasts all day. You can see I have foundation on but it is not cakey at all. My skin looks smooth, luminous and healthy. But not matte.
So I'm happy I found a way to make it work for me because I was about to throw it way. Now I love it. Yet I won't wear it everyday because it tends to make my pores clog. Maybe it's the marula oil though I tried it with other foundations and didn't have any issues.
One last thing this foundation oxydizes like crazy! So make sure you take a lighter shade!

If i did a lot of prep work - moisturise, mask and all, the foundation will go on nicely. If not, it can get cakey especially on the cheeks where its a little drier. Coverage is medium but that’s ok for me as I don’t typically go for full coverage foundations. It does dry pretty quickly into a matte finish and I mix it into my Estée Lauder doublewear stay in place foundation so its not so dry. It’s not a foundation that I would repurchase even though the packaging is beautiful.

on 2/11/2019 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For the last 3-4 years, my go-to has been the L'Oreal Pro-Matte in 104 (because I always got hella compliments) but I needed a change of foundation when my face was MUCH more tan than the rest of my body. So here's to experimenting with new foundations!

I'm not much of a high-end foundation girl, but I like this a lot (for several reasons):

- It dries pretty quickly and doesn't transfer - "soft matte" is the perfect way of describing the finish. The formulation doesn't make it separate or stay tacky (ew) throughout the day. I have no patience for makeup that sticks and transfers to shirt collars, male friends' suit jackets, and other people.
- It's in that weird pricing sweet spot of $34 -- not quite low-end $20 Sephora but also not WTH upper-tier $42-60.
- The pump doesn't dispense too much product per pump, so you can either dial back or dial up the amount you need. I just need 1.5 pumps for my face and neck, applied with a damp sponge. I mix this with my Becca Champagne Pop liquid highlighter and yes, it is poppin'.
- IT TOOK ME 2 TRIES, but I found my shade match! Initially I ordered 190 through the online shade finder, got an associate in-person to match and she said 185 would be perfect, but my color is actually 150 after watching it dry down. All the reviews saying this product oxidizes to a darker shade are CORRECT. If you're curious about this foundation, swatch a thin layer on your hand and let it dry to its true shade to make your choice.

I am a thirsty-skinned fair-light complected Asian, if you're curious. I ALWAYS apply moisturizer before foundation, which is how I avoid dry spots -- and because I apply a thin layer of foundation, I don't get the "it settles into lines" issue. At the end of the day, I do get a tad shinier than with my Pro-Matte but it's not a terrible con. Otherwise, it performs awesomely: It looks natural and not "beauty guru" Instaglammy. Light-medium coverage. I can wear this to the office (which I do, by the way) and on a night out.

It's solid.

on 1/31/2019 7:47:00 AM

Best foundation I ever bought. Stays on well beyond 12h. I do get shiny but that´s ok because the foundation does not smudge and stays undisturbed when blotting. I still have not found that miracle product that will keep the shine away throughout the day and so I made my peace with my skin. It also does not clog pores and I really don´t feel aware of it when I´m wearing makeup. I do feel that this is all I wished ELDW to be, as my friends kept raving about it, but I just couldn´t get along with it.
So, thank you Fenty people for a great product!

PS: would suggest to people interested in buying this foundation to be aware that shades do oxidize, a lot. So first do try out samples of shades lighter than actual skin. It´s bothersome but I think it´s worth it. Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only plus about this product line is their vast color range.
Other than that, it was awful.
I have very oily, acne prone, sensitive skin GGG.
This did not hold up by the 4th hour, was not long wearing. It also broke me out by the next day.
Also, it is expensive for the poor quality.