Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

So I was walking around Sephora just browsing when I asked the sales lady to help me pick out my color from Fenty Beauty (btw I never considered this product coz I hate rihanna). Once the lady finished blending out the foundation she asked me to look in the mirror and we both said WOW! at the same time. Everyone looked at me and stared coz IT WAS FLAWLESS!!!! I cannot emphasize enough how well it blended with my skin without primer or setting powder!! AND IT LASTED HOURS!!

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews but I guess different ppl have different skin right. Btw I'm oily combination.

NONE of the other higher end foundations had such amazing finish. Not Bobbi brown, not Estee Lauder, not shu uemura. NONE OF THEM. I'm sooooo happy coz this was just a chance encounter coz I was bored. Definitely will repurchase.

on 9/3/2018 10:24:00 AM

The Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is actually available in 40 different shades! 40! That really gives you a lot of options! I personally use the Neutral 320 foundation which gives my skin an instant, shine-free coverage. The foundation is so light and the texture is so fine that once I have tried it, I immediately knew it was the perfect match. I would definitely recommend the foundation as it does not clog your pores, which is really important for the health of your skin and you can purchase it for only $34!

Check out my full Fenty Cosmetics review at https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/review-of-fenty-beauty-by-rihanna

on 8/3/2018 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This foundation by far has quickly became my no.1 top foundation (replacing my Lancôme teint idol now down to no.2)... I use shade 470 and with a deep dark neutral undertone, finding the correct shade for my oily skin that can still keep me matte all day and not feel heavy and greasy but give great coverage on my skin is absolutely genius. For years us deeper skin tone ladies have struggled to get the correct colour match that is not too red, or ashy to compliment our individual shade ranges and finally my girl Riri came through for us and hit the ball far out of the park. I strongly recommend all deep toned women of colour who have oily to combination skin to give this a go...you will be very surprised!.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Of the 10,000 various foundations I own, I can honestly say that this one has taken over the top spot for me. I'm NC44 in MAC and am wearing 350 in this one. I have never had a more suitable match, this foundation looks so nice and natural on me. It also has good staying power on me. I normally experience T-zone oiliness throughout the day and still get a little when wearing this, but nothing that's offputting. I am really impressed with this product and am glad that I purchased it.

on 7/25/2018 11:32:00 AM

I am really in love with the fenty foundation, it worked well with my oily T-zone. It is medium to full coverage, but also buildable. Drys down really quickly which means you have to blend it into your skin fast. I would highly recommend it ♡.

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. It works well on my oily skin especially in the humid weather. Lasts all day on my skin and it’s not drying!

on 4/25/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I wear this almost every single day!! When I don't wear it, I wish I had. I'm sorry the other ladies who gave bad reviews didn't have the same experience. Each person's skin chemistry is different... This foundation looks amazing on me and makes me feel so beautiful. I'm combo-oily and find the thin, very pigmented, quick drying, liquid formula works much better with my skin than others have. You may have to blot if you're oil slick oily (like I used to be in my 20's and 30's), but once you do, you see the makeup hasn't moved.

APPLICATION IS KEY! You need to find the right application tool, moisturize well, and work in sections using the foundation sparingly, starting from where you need the most coverage. Any makeup artist will give you the same advice, and it will make all the difference with any foundation you use. Other foundations may glide on easier, but they may not last as long, stay true to color or stay matte...

When I first tried this (a deluxe sized sample), with the Fenty foundation brush, I hated both. It looked blotchy and dried too quick. The color (420) was also too light and neutral toned for me. I wore it for a 1/2 a day and was unimpressed. I decided to try it again after wanting more matte results for hot Houston summers, and more coverage than my fave Clinique Even Better (Amber) provides. I returned the foundation brush and got #430, then tried again. Rather than dotting it all over, I mixed 1 pump of 420 and 1 pump of 430 on the back of my hand, then dotted it on my chin and jawline, where I have the most hyperpigmentation, then blended out with my beauty blender. It looked great - a SPOT ON match!! I added more to my cheeks, then used the excess on my forehead, etc. and added a tiny bit more where needed. The application was smooth, even, matte but not too matte and gorgeous. I got lots of compliments!

I have lots of texture and scars on my skin from years of adult acne and although this doesn't work miracles there, it makes my skin look youthful, radiant, smooth, and even. I find it's full coverage on me, but I'm not a full coverage fan (it always looks cakey on me and accentuates pores) so maybe it's medium-full. It covers everything I need it to and the color makes me feel like "me." I finally found a foundation that doesn't mute my brown skin or dull the warm golden undertone.

I'm so grateful for this Fenty foundation as woman of color with very deep skin and very warm undertone as well as cool and neutral!! I have literally tried every foundation high end and drugstore and can never find a color match, even when mixing, and the color fades over time under my oils or breaks me out. This color range is such a blessing and contrary to reviews, it does not oxidize, it dries down to true color. Just like when paint dries, it's a slightly lighter/darker color... oxidation means the color changes due to exposure with your unique skin chemistry and oils or even sunscreen mixing with the foundation. That doesn't happen here. Once it dries, the color stays true, all day, all night. I moisturize and add sunscreen before applying and have no issues with it feeling heavy or greasy.

I have no cons! My pros are:
*Good price point for over an oz.
*AMAZING color range for WOC
*Easy to use pump and easy to hold tall bottle
*True color that doesn't oxidize
*Somewhat build-able coverage (too much can look cakey)
*Doesn't need setting powder
*Behaves well with sunscreen, serums, primers, moisturizers, etc
*Matte but not too matte; still looks like skin
*No strong fragrance/scent
*Doesn't transfer easily and get on collars/clothes

This coupled with the Invisimatte blotting powder for touch ups is heaven!! (I only need to blot in the summer; my skin looks great all day with this in spring/fall/winter).

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.