Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 6/3/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to admit that I was very leery of this foundation after reading all of the drastically mixed reviews! I went ahead and took the plunge. The shade range is amazing! Having been told that it will darken a bit after setting, I got the 180Warm which is a good match for my NC20-25 skin. It’s a tad light as I’m using self tanner now, but I just add bronzer to my cheeks and it looks fine. I think the reason some women are not liking this is because it’s really made for super oily skins like mine. It leaves a dry, matte, poreless finish and dries quickly. I couldn’t imagine it working for dry or even combo skin. If you’re even just a little dry, steer clear!! Usually my foundation has slid off my face by the 4 hr mark. Not this one. I use it with her amazing primer which too, I think is made for oily skin. I have to say that so far, I like this foundation a lot and hope it doesn’t break me out. This and Bobbi’s Weightless are my 2 go to’s at this time. Will update..

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

on 5/5/2018 2:55:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation and I try a lot of high end foundations. I got this in 150 light neutral. It’s winter now and this is an exact match for my skin. I could go a little darker and blend down my neck more so it will match in summer and winter. I use ecru in doublewear. I think this is slightly lighter but perfect for me right now. This is also a little lighter than my Mac NW18 and less pink. Maybe more N15 but I’ve not tried that colour. It’s a thin consistency and a high medium coverage but buildable. Goes on beautifully with my silicone based primer (similar to the Fenty one) and a beauty blender but it dries down really quickly so work in sections. I need to moisture heavily when using this. It’s not thick on the skin but it sets and I’d never use powder over it. It’s dry enough. It looks very natural and lasts all day. It doesn’t come off with touch and I like that. Most come off round my sunglasses. I have normal skin that can run dry if I don’t look after it but I also have oily acne patches but they can still be dehydrated. The way it sets is different from any other foundation I’ve used. It’s soft matte but I think quite a unique foundation. Not dewy and definitely not cakey even when built up. Shows dry patches if skin not prep’d properly. I think I’d suggest staying away if your skin runs very dry but maybe if you use a hydrating primer and hydrating setting spray you could use this. Definitely get a sample if you have a Sephora nearby. I’ll update if it breaks me out. It’s only been 4 uses so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. It works well on my oily skin especially in the humid weather. Lasts all day on my skin and it’s not drying!

on 4/25/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I wear this almost every single day!! When I don't wear it, I wish I had. I'm sorry the other ladies who gave bad reviews didn't have the same experience. Each person's skin chemistry is different... This foundation looks amazing on me and makes me feel so beautiful. I'm combo-oily and find the thin, very pigmented, quick drying, liquid formula works much better with my skin than others have. You may have to blot if you're oil slick oily (like I used to be in my 20's and 30's), but once you do, you see the makeup hasn't moved.

APPLICATION IS KEY! You need to find the right application tool, moisturize well, and work in sections using the foundation sparingly, starting from where you need the most coverage. Any makeup artist will give you the same advice, and it will make all the difference with any foundation you use. Other foundations may glide on easier, but they may not last as long, stay true to color or stay matte...

When I first tried this (a deluxe sized sample), with the Fenty foundation brush, I hated both. It looked blotchy and dried too quick. The color (420) was also too light and neutral toned for me. I wore it for a 1/2 a day and was unimpressed. I decided to try it again after wanting more matte results for hot Houston summers, and more coverage than my fave Clinique Even Better (Amber) provides. I returned the foundation brush and got #430, then tried again. Rather than dotting it all over, I mixed 1 pump of 420 and 1 pump of 430 on the back of my hand, then dotted it on my chin and jawline, where I have the most hyperpigmentation, then blended out with my beauty blender. It looked great - a SPOT ON match!! I added more to my cheeks, then used the excess on my forehead, etc. and added a tiny bit more where needed. The application was smooth, even, matte but not too matte and gorgeous. I got lots of compliments!

I have lots of texture and scars on my skin from years of adult acne and although this doesn't work miracles there, it makes my skin look youthful, radiant, smooth, and even. I find it's full coverage on me, but I'm not a full coverage fan (it always looks cakey on me and accentuates pores) so maybe it's medium-full. It covers everything I need it to and the color makes me feel like "me." I finally found a foundation that doesn't mute my brown skin or dull the warm golden undertone.

I'm so grateful for this Fenty foundation as woman of color with very deep skin and very warm undertone as well as cool and neutral!! I have literally tried every foundation high end and drugstore and can never find a color match, even when mixing, and the color fades over time under my oils or breaks me out. This color range is such a blessing and contrary to reviews, it does not oxidize, it dries down to true color. Just like when paint dries, it's a slightly lighter/darker color... oxidation means the color changes due to exposure with your unique skin chemistry and oils or even sunscreen mixing with the foundation. That doesn't happen here. Once it dries, the color stays true, all day, all night. I moisturize and add sunscreen before applying and have no issues with it feeling heavy or greasy.

I have no cons! My pros are:
*Good price point for over an oz.
*AMAZING color range for WOC
*Easy to use pump and easy to hold tall bottle
*True color that doesn't oxidize
*Somewhat build-able coverage (too much can look cakey)
*Doesn't need setting powder
*Behaves well with sunscreen, serums, primers, moisturizers, etc
*Matte but not too matte; still looks like skin
*No strong fragrance/scent
*Doesn't transfer easily and get on collars/clothes

This coupled with the Invisimatte blotting powder for touch ups is heaven!! (I only need to blot in the summer; my skin looks great all day with this in spring/fall/winter).

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.

on 3/12/2018 3:38:00 AM

so I LOVE this like its my favorite!!!! the only problem I have is Im a super white pale person and I think I shade 120 without looking at it, but I feel like its a little pale for me but the next color up is to dark but its one of those just use a little bronzer. I love the shade ranges like I said I'm PALE and I normally can get the lightest shade and somtimes its do dark for me and the lightest shade is way to light for me... the ware on it is light and buildabul. I don't know about anyone else but a beauty blender doesn't really work well with it I use a oval shaped brush and it works a lot better than a Beauty blender.

on 3/10/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Before buying this foundation I watched plenty of reviews on youtube and seeking out other swatches, and I was expecting to try out 420 and 430. I let the sales person use the shade matching machine on me just because she already had it out and it said 450. When I tried it it was dull and the red undertone was way too different from my face. I’m glad the store was packed and she got distracted because otherwise she probably would have tried to sell it to me. So, huge side-eye at that machine and I will never even waste the few seconds letting someone do that again.

I like how this foundation matches my skin and coverage is build able. It does get annoying to me how quickly you have to blend before it dries and when using a brush I have to clean it often or the application will be streaky. I always use a matte primer with my other foundations but with this one it is just feels way too dry, so I prefer to just use it without one for now. Maybe in the future I will try the Fenty one. I set this foundation with loose powder and then use setting spray and I have not experienced much transferring and I can get all day wear. I may have to blot once or twice depending on how hot it is or if I use less powder. I will repurchase.

(Reviews are mixed so I would suggest taking advantage of getting a sample if you can)

on 2/24/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was sceptical because the reviews are so mixed but decided to pop into sephora and get myself a sample in shade 210. My skin is medium with neutral to slightly yellow undertones and this colour is beautiful on me.

My skin is combination oily and honestly I was soooo impressed with this product. The longer I wore it the better it looked? At first I thought it was slightly drying but as my natural oils started coming through I looked my glowy throughout the day. It held up amazing and I ordered this online the same day.

I wore this product over a thin layer of sqaulane and it looked fantastic. Also I didn't find a need to powder as it set itself. I def recommend this for oily girls

on 2/11/2018 11:45:00 AM

This has become my favourite foundation at the moment

I am in the shade 300, which is a medium shade with yellow undertones I would say.
I do think the website and swatches make the shades look a bit darker. So I was expecting more a tan shade, and although this matches me fine. I do think that some of the online descriptions are off. For reference I am 310 sun beige in maybelline and mac nc35. I think I will purchase 310 in fenty next time as I love this foundation a lot and I tan a lot so I would love a shade that will compliment me when am tan

I really do advise to shake the foundation as advised on the bottle before using. As the formula is very runny and you do want the pigment to separate.

I have a technique with this foundation. As everyone has already said, this dries hella quick. It's best to work in sections. I do one half of my face and blend, and then do the other side. I use one and a half pumps for each side. The reason being is that I like a medium-full coverage. This foundation is so easy to layer and build to get the coverage you desire as it's so buildable and non cakey. If you want a more lighter coverage then one pump on both sides would be ok.
I always use a brush and I stipple the foundation in and it literally blurs and fills my pores and covers any imperfections and pigmentation I have. I do prefer using a brush then a sponge with this foundation. As I think it gives a better finish.

So when I first ever tried this foundation. I was shook. I have large pores some texture and some redness. I have a oily T zone, but the rest of my face is dry. It's finish is really beautiful in my opinion. It's a very natrual matte finish. I get wary of matte foundations as they can make me look dull and flaky. But this literally makes my skin look smoother and re touched. It literally sinks into my skin and feels lightweight and lasts a really long time.
My favourite thing about this foundation is that it photographs beautifully.

My skin type is combo/dry. But I would reccomend this for all skin types.
I really love this, and I'm always so picky with foundation that I can't find a major flaw with it. I am going to purchase the primer as I purchased the foundation separetly. I hope I love that too.

To sum up beautiful natrual finish that looks good in any lighting and any picture. Easy to layer and build. Make up sits on top of nice of it. Powder no powder, primer no primer. This always hold up for me personally.

I was surprised I liked this so much myself. As any foundation that says matte in the title. I get nervous. This is the best matte foundation I have.