Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 10/12/2017 10:20:00 PM

Me: 43 years old, very few lines, combo oily skin that can get very oily in warmer weather. Large_ish pores on nose, no old acne marks, lots of red blotches, dark purple circles!

I'm Deauville in NARS, 20 in MUFE F and B, MAC N 4.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever purchased! I cannot for the life of me see a line between skin and foundation...at all. Best shade I've ever used and I've been wearing base since 1990...16 years old.

I wear 140 and its perfect. It goes on like a dream. I used to use it with the It Cosmetics foundation brush and while I liked it, there were brush marks on the area between my brows and my nose. Fingers (for me) works best. The foundation is definitely on the watery side and with clean fingers it just melts beautifully into skin. Poreless, creamy, solid...no cake, no streaks, no redness, no circles....I'm in awe. I take my favourite huge powder brush (forget the name...it's orange and promoted by Pixiwoo) and fluff on the lovely Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Light Medium and then do a light contour with Hoola Light and a top with a peachy pink blush. A few sprays of All Nighter and my makeup lasts literally all day.

You know it's good when it's 4 o clock and you keep checking your makeup out in your rearview mirror! No budge, no oily breakthrough, and no patchiness. I plan on repurchashing for a long time!

The bottle is also quite large and very chic and stylish. Excellent base for oily skin like mine. Most foundation breaks through by ten in the morning. Not this baby. Great deal for $34 and the amount of product you get also!

My friend wears 380 and it looks stunning on her, however she is dry and benefits from a moisturizer.

on 10/11/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the rare reviews where I'd actually go out and buy this product tomorrow if I ran out of it! I'm totally in love with this foundation for my long (10h) workdays.
This foundation is a matte, medium coverage foundation with some shimmer to it so that it looks like there is some glow on the high points of your face even when you don't have highlighter on. But don't let that fool you into thinking there's anything dewy about it. It's a very dry finish - you really don't need to powder to set. RiRi is all about matte skin and then adding shimmer back on top. This is not a no-makeup or natural finish foundation, but it does make your skin look flawless if you do it right.

A few comments:
- putting too much of this on will make your face look dry and crepey. the reviews I've seen of YouTubers who didn't love it all did this mistake
- work in zones and move fast AF with your brush or sponge. like one cheek at a time fam or your face is going to cake
- don't get fooled by the liquid consistency and try and use a floppy brush to apply. dense synthetic brushes and sponges work fine, but floppier brushes don't lay down the product properly, streak, and then it dries down fast and you're left with a complete patchy mess
- I tried it with HG mineral primer, but that's too dry. I went out and bought the RiRi matching primer and that works really well
- go to Sephora and get a colour match...you really can't tell from the internet swatches which one is going to match because it completely changes colour once it's dried

on 10/9/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

*Love*!!!!

A few points:

1. Moisturise *really* well underneath the foundation and use a hydrating primer. Even if you're combo/oily. Especially if you're normal/dry!! And especially, during the colder months.
If you are really oily - you might get away with your normal routine. I'd stay away completely from mattifying primers.

2. This dries down very, very fast. So no dotting all over the face and then leisurely blending. I think the reason people are experiencing patchiness, is because they are not working in sections or not blending quickly enough. I dot some on my face, start blending out with my fingers and then use a damp beautyblender to blend out the rest.

3. Don't place the foundation under your eyes if you have lines. This dried out the skin under my eyes and emphasised the few lines that I have (that I normally barely see!!). So, by the time I added concealer, it just creased up really badly. The next day I left out my undereye area and just added concealer when I had finished blending the foundation everywhere else. Made a world of a difference!

4. Actually, don't use at all if you have lines all over your face.... This works best if your face is (relatively) smooth.

5. I've read that a lot of people have had issues with the undertones. I can only speak for the shade that I bought - it's 450 and fits me perfectly. But it appears that if you have neutral or red undertones (or if you are generally of a lighter complexion) you might have a bit of a challenge finding your right shade as some shades appear to run too red or too dull.

Overall, the finish is beautiful!! As I mentioned before, the foundation dries down really quickly, and therefore doesn't really transfer (or only transfers very little). If you blend properly and you have the right shade, this will look like your skin! Really nice, beautiful skin. The 'filter' claim is definitely true.
After 12 hours of wear, I have some oil coming through (I don't like to blot and I don't like to set with powder), however it's more dewiness than oiliness. It doesn't get greasy at all and stays in place the entire time - even when you sweat.
I also didn't experience any oxidisation which is a bonus.

Overall, I'd buy again. I really, really like this foundation and it's amongst my favourites (NARS Sheer Glow, Becca Ultimate Coverage, Smashbox 15 Hour, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Kevin Aucoin Etherealist).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where do I start... this foundation is bloody amazing!! I have difficult skin. Goes through phases of being dry, then oily, then combo and breakout prone. I think the best way to describe my skin type would be ‘temperamental’ and doesn’t like a lot of foundations. Being the beauty junky I am I leapt at the February launch and ordered the foundation. While waiting on it I tried a sample which suffice to say was horrendous!! Made my skin look like a dried up piece of flakey leather and aged me about ten years. So suffice to say I wasn’t too happy I’d bought it. However when it came I was determined to at least try and work with it as everyone seemed to be raving about it. On the bottle it saying clearly you MUST shake before use and my gosh is that the truth!! After giving it a good shake and applying quickly with the Fenty sponge my face was FLAWLESS!!! I have acne scarring and this watery seemingly thin foundation COMPLETELY covered it!! No need for my regular kryolan dermacolor! It’s definitely a ‘soft’ matte as described as it’s not dry looking at all after shaking. I’m an Estée Lauder double wear girl but I’ve been converted.... feels light as air, covers like a dream and doesn’t cake! Transfer resistant and lasts a 12 hour day. For reference I’m super pale and wear shade 140 which I don’t find oxidises a whole lot on me. I’l be ordering a darker shade for when I’m tanned and can’t wait to get my hands on more Fenty products!!

I am always looking for that holy grail foundation. I prefer long wearing matte formulations. I was color matched as 160. It's a little tricky to match me because my cheeks are lighter than my nose and around my eyes. 150 initially looked good, but the redness around my nose showed. 160 is just slightly warmer and it makes me look better. I love that it keeps me matte. I don't need to blot or powder at all during the day. And it doesn't wear off over the course of the day. LOVE this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this foundation best coverage looks amazeballs on the face yes it oxydizes however she did say that it would because of the amount of pigment in the foundation and suggested buying a shade lighter so when it oxydizes it's now ur shade.it looks flawless on the skin ,after 8 hr of wear it's still flawless and fresh and still lasted long after on my oily skin,packaging is great it has a pump this has become one of my HG foundation. I give this foundation a five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well....thank GOD for Rihanna and her ability to find a group of creative people to stand behind her and her vision to finally understand the shades of people's skin! I have had to blend two shades of foundation for most of my life to get a match and Fenty Beauty has my exact color. Foundation and matching concealer. They also have a complete color wheel of what colors go with the other products she has giving unison and cohesiveness to choosing other things from her line. This foundation is smooth with a matte finish. It smells amazing, is light and airy in feel. It covers but is not cakey and is highly buildable. The matching concealer is fantastic and covers very well without settling into creases or looking overdone. I am a huge fan!!! I went into Sephora looking for foundation because my Makeup Forver shade was out of stock. They inteoduced me to Fenty Beauty and it was a done deal. I am addicted. This is and will be my choice from here on out. Don't care about cost, I care anout performance and look. This has it. I also purchased her matte finish blotting powder in the universal shade (actually no shade at all), her lip gloss bomb which is gorgeous, and two concealers. Kudos to Rihanna for not just lending her name to a product but thinking it through carefully and demanding perfection on it. Girl....you got it right and you understand that women come in all colors!!! Warm peach and neutral beige are my summer and winter exact matches!!!

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

This foundation is a rally good foundation for many reasons, but it also has its flaws. First of all, this foundation line has 40 different shades so many people can find their right shade. They have super light foundations to really dark foundations, but there’s also some with different undertones so you’re most likely going to find your perfect shade. When purchasing this foundation it is a good idea to consider going down a shade or two lighter than your actual skin tone, because it tends to oxidize so it might turn darker. Other than that, it is a really good foundation, because it lasts all day and the coverage is medium to full coverage and you can layer it on I you want more coverage. This foundation claims to have a matte finish and it actually does what it says. It’s more for people with oily skin, because its matte so it helps control the oils and you won’t have to touch up throughout the day as much. If you have dry patches on your skin it tends to cling onto those spots so it’s a good idea to moisturize before the foundation. You also don’t even have to set your foundation with powder because of how matte it is. It’s a really runny foundation so you have to work with it fast so you don’t have dry patches. Another plus is that it has a pump so it makes the application process so much easier, but since it’s a really runny foundation it is best to apply it with a sponge so you don’t have brush strokes that way the foundation will be looking it best.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Might be good with oily skin but looks flat on dry skin. I know it’s matt but it looks very flat as well. 110 is too light and 120 is too beige. Really wanted to like it but am returning