Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 12/9/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and this gave me horrible acne! Worse than I've ever got before. My skin is so dry when using this foundation that I've actually got my first wrinkle across my forhead and under my eyes & after about 2 hours of wear i can see it melting off everywhere. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Gives the skin a dry finish and very difficult to get a proper color match.

on 11/8/2017 10:51:00 AM

This foundation dries so quickly on the face and is so hard to blend evenly. The finish is very cakey and my pores are enlarged. My skin feels dry and tight after application. There are many drug store brands that do much better foundation than Fenty Beauty. I am disappointed. Maybe it will work if you have extremely oily skin. I have normal skin.

on 10/27/2017 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never done a review on anything so this is my first one. Let me start of by saying I was sooo excited for this product to launch. I am mixed race so having a foundation range that has a variety of colours was exciting. I went and got matched up colour (300) i couldn't wait to get home and try it properly.
I would never buy it again..reasons why?!
1-I have acne prone skin/oily it does not cover any scars i have.
2-It makes me look like a have dry areas (don't know why when I have oily skin)
3-it oxisides like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked orange!
4-it has made me break out even more! I haven't had acne spots in about 4 months and now since I've started using it I've broken out everywhere.

I have now gone back to Nars sheer glow foundation which is amazing! I wish I never tried the fenty one!

Compre esta base por pura novelería a pesar de haber escuchado malas opiniones. Tuve la esperanza de que me gustara pero NO, primero queda mate solo al inicio, luego se vuelve un desastre grasoso en la piel, aproximadamente a las 3 horas se marcan terriblemente los poros y ni que decir al final del día que ya no tengo nada de producto en mi nariz y mentón, segundo cambia el color de manera espantosa, por lo menos a 3 tonos más oscuros.
Al final terminé por regalarla a una amiga.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I went crazy to buy this after seing the hype.... i must say after trying this product i do not see what is so good about it? It oxidises like crazy! The most out of all foundations i have tried. Bare minerals new bare pro foundation blows this off the shelf anyday for me. However when first applied it looks really nice (for 20 mins max)

on 10/15/2017 6:11:00 PM

No. Just no. Like so many better foundations. I have no clue what this is offering. I mean I guess if you have perfect skin? It's like a veil. But I just found it really off. My opinion only. I have the most finicky skin. Combo. Breakout prone. Mature. Maybe best for younger girls.

on 10/15/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Was super excited for this to come out! Love the colour shades, unfortunately this is where it ends. I have been doing proper skin care, hydrating my skin, different primers and all that. Brush, beauty blender, small strokes in small sections... but nothing works. THIS FOUNDATION dries and makes my skin look patchy so bad! On top of that, it would never cover any sort of pigmentation problem that I had. If I tried to put anything on top of it like highlighters it would look even worse. I can't make it work at all! So I had to return, it may be that I have combination skin. IDK it just doesn't work on me... I thought I had oily skin buuut this foundation is probably made for an oil ball face! :(

on 10/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. I don't understand how people were sharing this foundation on social media like it was some holy grail, don't believe it. It is nothing special. First off, it is super runny but dries very cakey looking on the skin. This made my skin texture look bumpy, even though I do not have any acne. After about 4 hours the foundation creased and was coming off on my oily spots, such as around the corners of my nose. The color was also off -- both shades I was matched to appeared way too pinkish. By the end of the day it was a smeared, blotchy mess. I did use the primer as well. My wet n wild photo focus foundation I also just tried out actually looks and holds up way better, and it was $3.99.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying I was very excited about this foundation because of the shade range. I thought finally I will be able to get an exact shade or atleast close to my shade without having to mix in 2 different foundation shades. I was matched to 290 on this foundation. I actually went out to Sephora store to pick up a couple of the Fenty Beauty Products on the launch date. To be honest I don't even go to Sephora and did it just for this launch. That's how excited I am. Then it went downhill from there.

The packaging is nice. Frosted Glass with a pump (heck yeah) take note Estee Lauder. Hahahaha! It's minimalist but very feminine.

The shade at the store matched me almost. Granted I was in a rush and the lady that was assisting me did not mention anything about it drying down darker or to pick up a couple of shades lighter than my skin tone, so I went to the closes shade to match me with a warmer olive undertone. This dries down 2 shades darker than me after application. During a 12hr wear, I was not prepared for it to oxidised anymore than it has and I purposely set this with a lighter shade pressed powder to help with the colour but unfortunately this just turned orange. Like a bad fake tan orange on my face.

Putting the shade aside for a minute let's get on with the formulation. I am a combo skin. Very oily at my T-zone. I have a fair bit of active acne from the medication I am currently on and it's messing with my hormones. I do have a fair bit of hyperpigmentation also. So the thought of having this foundation Full Coverage and Mattifying super exciting. This is more liquidy than I anticipated.

I was also not told and not having seen any reviews when I got this foundation, well I did what I would normal do in day to day application and dot this all over my face. LMAO because that was a HUGE mistake! Despite the fact that this is liquidy, it dries down so quickly! I had dry foundation dots all over my face. I couldn't blend them at all. I started all over again and worked in sections. In saying that, I have worked with a lot of Matte Foundation and this is by far the hardest formulation I have ever come across. Brush will be quicker but it's a horrid finish. Beauty Sponge is a decent finish but I am stressing out having to blend it quick. I'm not here for any anxiety over a foundation. Once the first layer dries down and you try to build it in areas that just didn't do enough, well it's super patchy. It didn't work well with me in building this foundation. I will give this foundation a solid medium (2 layer) non buildable if that makes any sense.

If you put this under your eye as well and put a concealer under there, it is so drying!!!!! It will go patchy and it will skip when you are blending your concealer. Not ideal to put under the eye also. Just don't do it. It also emphasized all of my fine lines under there. JUST DON'T DO IT!

This excentuates all of my dry patches, even area that was not dry (hahahaha!), Settles in my fine lines, smile lines and boy oh boy horrid on textures. I can't speak about pores as I use a pore filling primers too. Just HORRID! I think this is the worst foundation I have actually ever put on my face. From application, to the finish and the longevity. This also is not invisible. You will know you are wearing a foundation because it is cakey in so many area of my face which I usually don't get in my other foundations in my collection.

Now for something that is mattifying, my oil started coming through by 5hr mark. It does not seperate which is good but I am super greasy. Her blotting pressed powder is MAGIC though. That in my opinion is a must have in the entire collection. This is cakey, it gathers pretty bad on my smile line, upper lip, sides of my nose and the side of my cheek near my nose. I must say though, once your oil started to come through, dry patches is gone.

Is it worth $50? A big resounding NOOOOOOOO for me anyway. This did not work for me for the 8 days that I was trying to work with it. I have tried to mix this with other HG foundation that I have and just NO. I have given up. If the shade was off and it was amazing I will happily go buy the right shade. This to me have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Primers Tested
*Lancome La Pro Base Primer - one of my HG and it failed on this. It was easy to blend as it is silicone.
*Becca Primer Luminious - this played the nicest with this foundation. It helps with the blending and finish of the foundation.
*Cover FX Mattifying Primer - super horrors with this
*Becca Velvet Primer - it's OK. Still horrid
*Urban Decay Deslick - I got no words! The worst combo out of the bunch.

Setting Powder Tested
*RCMA no colour powder - become too drying
*Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder - Cakey
*Charlotte Tilbury - Pressed Powder - Saved the day
*Fenty Beauty Blotting Pressed Powder - Great for both setting and blotting. This performed the best with this foundation.
*Kat Von D Pressed Blotting Powder - surprisingly did amazing to airbrush the finish.
*MAC Mineralized Powder - super horrid
*MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder - Cakey

Setting Spray
*Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day - this is one of my HG and I found this is the only one that actually helped with the longevity.
*Australis Mattifying Setting Mist - Nope Nope Nope!
*Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray - Nope Nope Nope!
*Pixi by Petra - Glow Mist - Really helped the foundation to melt more and helped with the dryness that's for sure. Didn't do well for the longevity but helped improve the finish 100%.

Best applied with a sponge. Gotta work quickly in sections. Use a very thick moisturizer to help with dryness, best work with silicone or lotion type primer. For me atleast, I have to set it with powder. If I don't it's a hot mess! I will try to mix in some of my Cover FX custom cover drops to see if I can add some more coverage so I don't have to later it on and avoid caking. Sad that it