Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

on 3/23/2019 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The formula works for my somewhat oily skin. I don't find that it oxidized on me, (I bought shade 120) and it stays matte and lasts all day with minimal touchups. Was pleasantly surprised at how long it lasted. I had a little creasing around my nose after about 9 or so hours, but nothing too noticeable. Coverage is about medium at best. It can be built up to full but I think it looks kind of cakey if you try to get fuller coverage.

Applying it was a learning curve for me. It's different than other foundations I've tried, in terms of application. Since it is VERY quick to dry, you have to apply it in small sections, otherwise it will be blotchy if you dot it all over your face like other foundations. Moisturizing and priming is a must before applying, even if you have oily skin.

Overall I love how long it lasts. So far, I haven't had any breakouts from this foundation. I don't know if it's worth the full price, but it's definitely worth trying if your skin is on the oily side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

on 2/28/2019 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received two samples of this as I tried to decide if I should keep the Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation I bought. I wore the Fenty for a couple of days and at first was impressed, but I did notice that it started to break up around my chin and nose close to the end of my workday. I gave it another shot today, and at first thought I would return the Too Faced foundation, but after blotting and lightly powdering my T-zone around noon, I noticed it was separating on my forehead. I took a closer look and when I touched it, all the foundation came off on my fingers, leaving a streaky mess! My longtime foundation love is ED Double Wear, but I was finding it a bit heavy, so wanted to try something else. The Sephora clerk recommended Fenty for my oily skin. I gave it a chance, but I won't be purchasing it as it just didn't have the staying power I wanted. I wear 1N2 Ecru in EDDW, Snow in Too Faced Peach and the 120 in the Fenty was the best colour because it did darken after I applied it.

on 2/26/2019 12:31:00 PM

At first I didn't like this foundation. I found it dehydrating and unnatural. I have a normal to dry mature dehydrated skin. Then I tried to mix it with some marula oil and it actually worked for me. When applying it feels very sticky but it settles very quickly. It doesn't go into my small lines and pores. It lasts all day. You can see I have foundation on but it is not cakey at all. My skin looks smooth, luminous and healthy. But not matte.
So I'm happy I found a way to make it work for me because I was about to throw it way. Now I love it. Yet I won't wear it everyday because it tends to make my pores clog. Maybe it's the marula oil though I tried it with other foundations and didn't have any issues.
One last thing this foundation oxydizes like crazy! So make sure you take a lighter shade!

If i did a lot of prep work - moisturise, mask and all, the foundation will go on nicely. If not, it can get cakey especially on the cheeks where its a little drier. Coverage is medium but that’s ok for me as I don’t typically go for full coverage foundations. It does dry pretty quickly into a matte finish and I mix it into my Estée Lauder doublewear stay in place foundation so its not so dry. It’s not a foundation that I would repurchase even though the packaging is beautiful.

on 2/11/2019 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For the last 3-4 years, my go-to has been the L'Oreal Pro-Matte in 104 (because I always got hella compliments) but I needed a change of foundation when my face was MUCH more tan than the rest of my body. So here's to experimenting with new foundations!

I'm not much of a high-end foundation girl, but I like this a lot (for several reasons):

- It dries pretty quickly and doesn't transfer - "soft matte" is the perfect way of describing the finish. The formulation doesn't make it separate or stay tacky (ew) throughout the day. I have no patience for makeup that sticks and transfers to shirt collars, male friends' suit jackets, and other people.
- It's in that weird pricing sweet spot of $34 -- not quite low-end $20 Sephora but also not WTH upper-tier $42-60.
- The pump doesn't dispense too much product per pump, so you can either dial back or dial up the amount you need. I just need 1.5 pumps for my face and neck, applied with a damp sponge. I mix this with my Becca Champagne Pop liquid highlighter and yes, it is poppin'.
- IT TOOK ME 2 TRIES, but I found my shade match! Initially I ordered 190 through the online shade finder, got an associate in-person to match and she said 185 would be perfect, but my color is actually 150 after watching it dry down. All the reviews saying this product oxidizes to a darker shade are CORRECT. If you're curious about this foundation, swatch a thin layer on your hand and let it dry to its true shade to make your choice.

I am a thirsty-skinned fair-light complected Asian, if you're curious. I ALWAYS apply moisturizer before foundation, which is how I avoid dry spots -- and because I apply a thin layer of foundation, I don't get the "it settles into lines" issue. At the end of the day, I do get a tad shinier than with my Pro-Matte but it's not a terrible con. Otherwise, it performs awesomely: It looks natural and not "beauty guru" Instaglammy. Light-medium coverage. I can wear this to the office (which I do, by the way) and on a night out.

It's solid.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the shade range of Fenty Beaty. However, I hate how drying this foundation can be on my face. I have combo skin but I find this foundation really drying on my dry areas. The foundation color is the best color match that I have for my skin tone but, I find myself mixing in a dewy foundation which then changes my undertone. I wish Fenty had a dewy version of this and I would be in love!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got 2 samples of this even though I already found an awesome liquid foundation called Photo Focus by Wetnwild - anyway, I wanted to give this hyped foundation a try. My color is 130 which is extremely yellow but the actual color blends out to a beautiful neutral shade that matched me perfectly. From 2 ft away, it looks like I'm not wearing anything. The formula though, to me is terrible. It doesn't blend, it rubs off and the smell bothers me. Even though the shade was perfect, when up close, you can see the makeup because it just won't melt into skin. It waters my eyes and gave me a rash on the sides of my nose in addition to everything else. Even when my oils blended in with the foundation, it still looked terrible. The wetnwild foundation (although I haven't found my perfect shade) won't rub off, doesn't transfer, blends in seconds and has no fragrance. Bottom line is I'm glad I got a sample of this so now I know I won't be buying it. Reference: I tried this with and without primer and had the same effect. I wore Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30 zinc sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer and various other primers and it still would not work or blend.

Hard to blend, settles in lines, makes skin dry, and wears off very quickly.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because I love Rihanna, and not because I needed one more foundation. I found my HG in Nars sheer glow, but I wanted to see if pro filtr lived up to the hype. I bought it with the primer (which I friggin love!) in the shade 120, because I'd heard that this product oxidizes like a motha. It's a great match for my NW15 skin. I find powdering to set this is unnecessary, and I end up a bit cakey at the end of the day if I do. Plays well with my urban decay all nighter spray, and other products layer extremely well over it, meaning the fdn doesn't lift up or move around when I'm applying and blending. I get best application using a damp beauty sponge, brush application left me a streaky mess, but your experience may be different. I look pretty flawless throughout my 10 hour days and this baby can handle a sweaty 4 hour dance session like a champ! The only con to this product that I've found is that it's a bit dry for my skin type, so it settles and creases in the very few wrinkles I have. I solved that with a few drops of facial oil mixed together before I apply, but since I have to do that this gets 4 lippies instead of 5. Overall I dig this fdn and would repurchase. Eagerly awaiting the release of her new concealers!!