Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

Not sure... I purchased online, so I did get a shade that was too light. Now I am on the fence about either getting a refund or getting a correct shade match.
One thing that I do not like is it's difficult to apply. It skips and does not glide on. I know it's a matte formula, but it seems hard to work with. When using a brush it streaks, so then you have to go over it with a beauty blender. When you use it just with a beauty blender it doesn't seem to have as much coverage, and shows pores. Plus it's powdery and dries very fast, so you have to be quick when applying it.
After it's been on for a few hours, it does look better. My skin is slightly oily in the T zone and the oils come through after a days wear, but the foundation looks nice and doesn't break apart.

on 9/25/2017 11:46:00 AM

Can we say fabulous! No more hunting for my close to perfect match! Rih has out done herself and needs her own beauty/fashion stores.

on 9/23/2017 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The range of colors is excellent. I wondered if this would work on my mature skin - it does! I use this with the Fenty primer. It did not oxidize settle into lines or pores and it's been in the 90's the past few days...very pleased. I wear 140 which is like 117 (Y225) in MUFE. Not sure how it will behave once the weather gets cold but for now, I 'm loving it!!

on 9/25/2017 10:37:00 AM

I'm lucky as I have a close friend with a similar skin tone who purchased this foundation (140), so I was able to try it out without actually buying it.

While it's great that this foundation caters to so many different tones, this is definitely not a product for dry skin. I have combo skin, and my dry areas looked very cakey after I applied it. I gave it about an hour to settle in, and it still looked like a tight cement mess that sucked out all the moisture out of my cheeks. And yes, I did heavily moisturize and used a spray after applying. My oily areas looked good. The finish was satin and very natural, with medium coverage.

I think that the bottle is great, I love the array of colors/tones, but in the end I don't think this is a product for me. Might work better with oilier skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily t-zone but this lasted a night of drinking and humidity. Two thumbs up!

BEWARE: IF YOU HAVE DRY OR EVEN NORMAL SKIN, STAY VERY CLEAR OF THIS FOUNDATION, IT'S NOT FOR YOU! I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a product. I was so hyped for this after the launch and hearing all the beauty gurus rave about this stuff. If I can give this product any good point, it would be the shade selection. Very fair tones can find their shade, I was matched to a 110 in store, and it was an almost perfect match. I walked into my local Sephora and got matched along my jaw, the product looked great and I asked the girl at the counter if it was dry-skin friendly. She told me it was so I paid for it and went home. At home, I took off my day's makeup and went to town to test it, and let me tell you, I freaking tried to make this work. After having tones and apply a serum, I initially tried this product without primer, and tried on one half with a BB and on the other a brush. Holy crap, it looked so bad. It looked powdery, dry and made my skin look so aged and tight. The only way I can describe this is that it went into my pores (which generally aren't an issue for me) but not on my skin? It's got alot of colour in it but not much foundation. So test number one failed, so I did my whole skin routine; I toned, applied serum, then moisturised, and topped it off with some rosewater mist, AND then applied two silicone based primers on either side of my face, one half Baby Skin, the other the Ordinary High Adherence primer. Again, looked like shit. Mildly less bad but still terrible. It caked very obviously on my nose and just looked so bad. I understand that some foundations dry quick but this is ridiculous. I assume this is full of talc and silicone because after less than 5 seconds, this thing hardens and dries up. Unusable. I live in Australia where return policies are very strict, so I'm begging to God that I can return this garbage and get a refund to buy something heaps better!

on 9/23/2017 1:00:00 PM

I purchased this because, quite simply, I bought the hype. I am tired of trying foundations that look like they match but pale me out, or make me look like an oomph loompa (CT, looking at you). With the promise of so many colors, I was confident I could find a color match. I did. That's where it ends. I wore it the first day and it was nice. I wasn't awwwweeeeeddddd, but it was okay. I have hyper pigmentation and have always been on a quest to find something that will not look like a mask, but not call attention to the melasma/hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. At first, it was okay. Nothing to rave about. It seemed like it was heavier than some of the stuff I have been used to. After having tried IT Cosmetics, I thought this might be my savior. It was matte on my skin. I didn't feel as if I was wearing a mask if I was careful. If I pumped too much, yeah---mask city. I have worn it for a week straight. I am a high school English teacher in South Florida. After a hurricane. My priorities should not be to hide from people because of my foundation and yet, that's what I was doing. Every morning I tried different primers and different foundations, however, at the end of the day, my skin always looked like a hot mess. I live in South Fl. makeup has to hold up, not oxidize and look natural because in the unforgiving light of the sun, it is a "clutch your pearls" moment otherwise. Anyway, my spots looked even darker and my face did too. The foundation was still there, but there was no coverage anymore. I can't explain it, but my skin looked bad....I mean I looked like I had been through a war. UGH...Returning it back to Sephora.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didn't even know that Fenty Beauty was a thing until the day before its launch, and even then, I wasn't interested in the foundation until I started watching reviews. Many reviewers raved about the skin-like finish, ease in application, and self-setting attributes, so I wanted to try for myself. Off to Sephora I went to grab samples! (BTW get matched or match yourself in person if at all possible!)

My skintone is an exact match for NW43 in MAC Studio Fix Powder and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande. My match in Fenty is 390. I can also wear 400, though it is slightly red on my skintone. This applied like a dream! I had to work in sections because it sets fast. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it was alright. Seemed like the sponge absorbed a lot of the foundation. It also looks good dabbed on with fingers and blended with a flat-top brush, or just smeared on with fingers. MY KINDA FOUNDATION!

It left a beautiful skin-like finish, like I had naturally flawless skin instead of the scattered hyperpigmentation I actually have. I also needed no powder to set this. The foundation set all by itself! I was able to apply my blush and highlighter over it with no problems whatsoever. And the wear! It looked good throughout an entire 12-hour shift, meaning that I wore it for 14 hours or so. I think I blotted once halfway through and it looked good the whole time.

All this and I'm 95% sure I won't be purchasing the full-size.

Unfortunately, this foundation gave me those teeny little irritation whiteheads. It broke me out! I'm so sad about it! After about six to seven hours, I get a chance to look in a mirror to check my makeup and there they were. If it wasn't for that, this would be my everyday foundation.

on 9/23/2017 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must say, the shade range alone deserves serious praise and recognition. The fact that the darker shades are selling out like crazy is proof that anyone not beige toned is being ignored by manufacturers. Good on Rihanna for finally giving the people what they have been asking for for years.

Given the crazy mixed reviews on this, I knew I had to try it for myself and draw my own conclusions. I took advantage of Sephora's deluxe sample offer and grabbed shade 220 before it ran out. I am normally not a fan of matte complexion products as they do not compliment my dry, fine lined skin. This foundation is high in silicone, as evidenced in the finish. It's definitely soft-matte, which I like and as the day went on, I noticed the finish became dewy, which I REALLY liked. There isn't any discernible fragrance and I love the packaging - frosted glass with a pump. Yay for pumps!

I applied with my RT sponge with really nice results. The coverage is definitely medium. I plan on using my RT Expert Face Brush with the next application just for comparison's sake. It dries pretty quickly and yes, it does dry down a bit darker; on my face it did slightly oxidize and break up on my nose at about the 8 hour mark. I plan to try 210 just to see if its a better match once dried down. I didn't expect transfer proof wear out of this foundation as its not advertised as one - anyone who expected that set themselves up for disappointment.

Lastly, this foundation did not cause any breakouts!!! While it doesn't replace my HG L'Oreal True Match, it's a keeper and I do plan on purchasing the full size.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for my combo skin.

The shade range is fabulous but the foundation oxidizes WAY too much for a foundation in this price range. It makes choosing a shade a challenge because as close as you think a match may be, it's going to end up looking different on your skin and it oxidizes over the length of hours so even when you're testing it in store it's unlikely you will see the actual shade it's going to turn before you've chosen your shade and purchased.

The formula is lightweight and has really nice medium-full coverage. It looks beautiful as you apply it, but it drys down SO quickly that it's difficult to get blended out as you're applying. Every time I've used it I've felt like I'm in a race to blend faster than the foundation sets. I've found that brush application tends to end up slightly streaky and BB application is difficult because the foundation is so lightweight that the sponge just sucks it up and you end up having to use more foundation (BB and the Fenty sponge).

It drys down pretty matte and dry looking. I noticed it accentuated fine lines under my eye area which really bothered me. The biggest problem I have with this foundation is that it clung to my pores. It didn't pool or separate into them, it clung to them and made them look fuzzy. FUZZY. It's the weirdest thing ever. my skin is always moisturized and exfoliated and none of my other foundations do this to my pores.

From a distance my skin looked great and my oily areas never looked shiny even though I had to blot throughout the day. BUT...when I got close to the mirror I could see this weird fuzziness on my nose and chin and creasing in all my fine lines around my eyes and my forehead. Keep in mind that I've also been using this foundation with the Fenty primer as well.

This foundation may be great for a night out when I'm dancing or in low light settings, but for the daytime it's a no-go.
I wish that it didn't look so dry, didn't cling to my pores and make them look freakin' fuzzy, and didn't oxidize so drastically. I think the formula needs a bit of work. I'd totally be down to try out a more luminous, dewy finish should they release one in the future, but they need to get their oxidization in check.

No one wants to speak poorly of the Fenty line, but it's not a flawless line at all. Out of the 11 items I bought (almost $400 worth) there are only 3 that I like: The primer, the gloss, and the highlighter brush (even though I feel the brush is too expensive for how it actually feels, but that's a review for another time). I know you're thinking about the highlighter right now when I say I only liked 3 things, and that's because the highlighters are just glitter. Again, review for another time.