Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.6

on 12/15/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely not for dry skin. The sales rep raved about this product. It may do well for those with dry skin but it made my dry skin look terrible. It sunk into fine lines and pores. Returned it.

on 11/23/2017 8:22:00 PM

UM DRY SKIN ANYONE? DON'T POWDER USE SOME HEAVY DUTY MOSTIURE AND PERFETION

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

on 10/15/2017 11:26:00 PM

Combo skin and while it lasted well throughout the day, it was so mask-like and drying. It only looked good from afar and started causing cystic acne, and I never get acne of any kind. Also, like other complaints, it would not stay on my nose and highlighted pores. Hard pass.

on 10/12/2017 10:20:00 PM

Me: 43 years old, very few lines, combo oily skin that can get very oily in warmer weather. Large_ish pores on nose, no old acne marks, lots of red blotches, dark purple circles!

I'm Deauville in NARS, 20 in MUFE F and B, MAC N 4.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever purchased! I cannot for the life of me see a line between skin and foundation...at all. Best shade I've ever used and I've been wearing base since 1990...16 years old.

I wear 140 and its perfect. It goes on like a dream. I used to use it with the It Cosmetics foundation brush and while I liked it, there were brush marks on the area between my brows and my nose. Fingers (for me) works best. The foundation is definitely on the watery side and with clean fingers it just melts beautifully into skin. Poreless, creamy, solid...no cake, no streaks, no redness, no circles....I'm in awe. I take my favourite huge powder brush (forget the name...it's orange and promoted by Pixiwoo) and fluff on the lovely Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Light Medium and then do a light contour with Hoola Light and a top with a peachy pink blush. A few sprays of All Nighter and my makeup lasts literally all day.

You know it's good when it's 4 o clock and you keep checking your makeup out in your rearview mirror! No budge, no oily breakthrough, and no patchiness. I plan on repurchashing for a long time!

The bottle is also quite large and very chic and stylish. Excellent base for oily skin like mine. Most foundation breaks through by ten in the morning. Not this baby. Great deal for $34 and the amount of product you get also!

My friend wears 380 and it looks stunning on her, however she is dry and benefits from a moisturizer.

on 10/9/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

*Love*!!!!

A few points:

1. Moisturise *really* well underneath the foundation and use a hydrating primer. Even if you're combo/oily. Especially if you're normal/dry!! And especially, during the colder months.
If you are really oily - you might get away with your normal routine. I'd stay away completely from mattifying primers.

2. This dries down very, very fast. So no dotting all over the face and then leisurely blending. I think the reason people are experiencing patchiness, is because they are not working in sections or not blending quickly enough. I dot some on my face, start blending out with my fingers and then use a damp beautyblender to blend out the rest.

3. Don't place the foundation under your eyes if you have lines. This dried out the skin under my eyes and emphasised the few lines that I have (that I normally barely see!!). So, by the time I added concealer, it just creased up really badly. The next day I left out my undereye area and just added concealer when I had finished blending the foundation everywhere else. Made a world of a difference!

4. Actually, don't use at all if you have lines all over your face.... This works best if your face is (relatively) smooth.

5. I've read that a lot of people have had issues with the undertones. I can only speak for the shade that I bought - it's 450 and fits me perfectly. But it appears that if you have neutral or red undertones (or if you are generally of a lighter complexion) you might have a bit of a challenge finding your right shade as some shades appear to run too red or too dull.

Overall, the finish is beautiful!! As I mentioned before, the foundation dries down really quickly, and therefore doesn't really transfer (or only transfers very little). If you blend properly and you have the right shade, this will look like your skin! Really nice, beautiful skin. The 'filter' claim is definitely true.
After 12 hours of wear, I have some oil coming through (I don't like to blot and I don't like to set with powder), however it's more dewiness than oiliness. It doesn't get greasy at all and stays in place the entire time - even when you sweat.
I also didn't experience any oxidisation which is a bonus.

Overall, I'd buy again. I really, really like this foundation and it's amongst my favourites (NARS Sheer Glow, Becca Ultimate Coverage, Smashbox 15 Hour, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Kevin Aucoin Etherealist).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me start off by saying I was very excited about this foundation because of the shade range. I thought finally I will be able to get an exact shade or atleast close to my shade without having to mix in 2 different foundation shades. I was matched to 290 on this foundation. I actually went out to Sephora store to pick up a couple of the Fenty Beauty Products on the launch date. To be honest I don't even go to Sephora and did it just for this launch. That's how excited I am. Then it went downhill from there.

The packaging is nice. Frosted Glass with a pump (heck yeah) take note Estee Lauder. Hahahaha! It's minimalist but very feminine.

The shade at the store matched me almost. Granted I was in a rush and the lady that was assisting me did not mention anything about it drying down darker or to pick up a couple of shades lighter than my skin tone, so I went to the closes shade to match me with a warmer olive undertone. This dries down 2 shades darker than me after application. During a 12hr wear, I was not prepared for it to oxidised anymore than it has and I purposely set this with a lighter shade pressed powder to help with the colour but unfortunately this just turned orange. Like a bad fake tan orange on my face.

Putting the shade aside for a minute let's get on with the formulation. I am a combo skin. Very oily at my T-zone. I have a fair bit of active acne from the medication I am currently on and it's messing with my hormones. I do have a fair bit of hyperpigmentation also. So the thought of having this foundation Full Coverage and Mattifying super exciting. This is more liquidy than I anticipated.

I was also not told and not having seen any reviews when I got this foundation, well I did what I would normal do in day to day application and dot this all over my face. LMAO because that was a HUGE mistake! Despite the fact that this is liquidy, it dries down so quickly! I had dry foundation dots all over my face. I couldn't blend them at all. I started all over again and worked in sections. In saying that, I have worked with a lot of Matte Foundation and this is by far the hardest formulation I have ever come across. Brush will be quicker but it's a horrid finish. Beauty Sponge is a decent finish but I am stressing out having to blend it quick. I'm not here for any anxiety over a foundation. Once the first layer dries down and you try to build it in areas that just didn't do enough, well it's super patchy. It didn't work well with me in building this foundation. I will give this foundation a solid medium (2 layer) non buildable if that makes any sense.

If you put this under your eye as well and put a concealer under there, it is so drying!!!!! It will go patchy and it will skip when you are blending your concealer. Not ideal to put under the eye also. Just don't do it. It also emphasized all of my fine lines under there. JUST DON'T DO IT!

This excentuates all of my dry patches, even area that was not dry (hahahaha!), Settles in my fine lines, smile lines and boy oh boy horrid on textures. I can't speak about pores as I use a pore filling primers too. Just HORRID! I think this is the worst foundation I have actually ever put on my face. From application, to the finish and the longevity. This also is not invisible. You will know you are wearing a foundation because it is cakey in so many area of my face which I usually don't get in my other foundations in my collection.

Now for something that is mattifying, my oil started coming through by 5hr mark. It does not seperate which is good but I am super greasy. Her blotting pressed powder is MAGIC though. That in my opinion is a must have in the entire collection. This is cakey, it gathers pretty bad on my smile line, upper lip, sides of my nose and the side of my cheek near my nose. I must say though, once your oil started to come through, dry patches is gone.

Is it worth $50? A big resounding NOOOOOOOO for me anyway. This did not work for me for the 8 days that I was trying to work with it. I have tried to mix this with other HG foundation that I have and just NO. I have given up. If the shade was off and it was amazing I will happily go buy the right shade. This to me have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Primers Tested
*Lancome La Pro Base Primer - one of my HG and it failed on this. It was easy to blend as it is silicone.
*Becca Primer Luminious - this played the nicest with this foundation. It helps with the blending and finish of the foundation.
*Cover FX Mattifying Primer - super horrors with this
*Becca Velvet Primer - it's OK. Still horrid
*Urban Decay Deslick - I got no words! The worst combo out of the bunch.

Setting Powder Tested
*RCMA no colour powder - become too drying
*Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder - Cakey
*Charlotte Tilbury - Pressed Powder - Saved the day
*Fenty Beauty Blotting Pressed Powder - Great for both setting and blotting. This performed the best with this foundation.
*Kat Von D Pressed Blotting Powder - surprisingly did amazing to airbrush the finish.
*MAC Mineralized Powder - super horrid
*MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder - Cakey

Setting Spray
*Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day - this is one of my HG and I found this is the only one that actually helped with the longevity.
*Australis Mattifying Setting Mist - Nope Nope Nope!
*Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray - Nope Nope Nope!
*Pixi by Petra - Glow Mist - Really helped the foundation to melt more and helped with the dryness that's for sure. Didn't do well for the longevity but helped improve the finish 100%.

Best applied with a sponge. Gotta work quickly in sections. Use a very thick moisturizer to help with dryness, best work with silicone or lotion type primer. For me atleast, I have to set it with powder. If I don't it's a hot mess! I will try to mix in some of my Cover FX custom cover drops to see if I can add some more coverage so I don't have to later it on and avoid caking. Sad that it

on 9/25/2017 11:46:00 AM

Can we say fabulous! No more hunting for my close to perfect match! Rih has out done herself and needs her own beauty/fashion stores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily t-zone but this lasted a night of drinking and humidity. Two thumbs up!

I just had to return the Too Faced peachy foundation because the shade range was awful and the product itself was not very good (cakey, dry, patchy)...so I hesitated on this one because sometimes me and "matte" don't always get along. So I asked the nice SA at Sephora for a sample in 150 (I'm about NC18 or so and this looked like it would be a good neutral match, as I tend to run a bit more neutral) and she gave me about 3-4 days worth to try out. I am on day 3. I decided on day 2 it was worth buying but EVERYONE IS OOS. Sigh. Just my luck. So what do I love about this? Just about everything. It's matte, but a satiny matte---doesn't look dry, doesn't cake or get patchy, even after 12 hours of wear and me with allergy nose as well. It buffs out nicely to look poreless, plays well over my YSL Blur primer and the shade is 100% a perfect match. It looks flawless.
The only thing I didn't love it that it sets quickly so you have to blend fast--but it's not unforgiving if you have to layer a bit more or take a bit longer. I find I have to buff more around my nose to avoid it settling in, but that is normal with any foundation of the matte persuasion. I am dry-combo and my skin really likes this one. No issues on any part of my face. A+