Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

on 2/14/2018 9:48:00 PM

Edited to update 3/18/18: I have used this with a setting spray and also have applied with a beauty blender and brush. I still prefer to apply with my hands as I feel I have to use more foundation (and look more cakey) with a brush or beauty blender. The setting spray has not changed the wear or anything. I don't know if my skincare is reacting to something in the primer/foundation but I find by mid-afternoon my forehead is weirdly oily feeling. I also think it fades a bit as the day goes on but I've had that happen with all foundations I've used. I still like this foundation and would repurchase.

I just received this foundation a few days ago so this is a very preliminary review. I have been use Bare Minerals Bare Pro foundation which I find to be crap. But I am trying to use up the bottle. My skin is dry and I believe the Bare Pro was breaking me out. I finally decided to try this foundation. I can see this not working for dry skin as it will cling to dry patches. I also feel that it will look horrible if you try to apply too much to build coverage.

I am currently using 3 drops marula oil, 3 drops of rose hip oil and then Garnier Soothing moisturizer with rose water. I let it all skin in and then apply UD Optical blurring primer, then this foundation. It's only been a few days but so far this is all working with this foundation. I apply one and half pump of foundation. I feel like on me, anything more will be more mask like and will highlight all my flaws. I have also only applied with my hands. I am using shade 120 which matches my skin so well that people can't tell i'm wearing anything. I have never found a foundation that covers everything without being super thick and mask like. I have freckles and any redness from zits pops out on my fair skin so I consider coverage good if it evens me out. I do not use powder to set this as powder wreaks havoc on my dry skin. I only have the Too Faced setting spray and I haven't used it yet. I do think it fades some as the day goes on but I haven't found it to oxide.

I was surprised by this foundation. I was expecting it perform badly or just not work for my skin based on reviews. My favorite foundation is Lancome Tient Idole but if this continues to perform, it might bump Lancome. Lancome has a little more elegant formula but I can't beat the color match of fenty and fenty feels lighter on my skin. I find the coverage to be the same on me. Plus Fenty is about $10 cheaper. I will be updating if anything changes.

on 1/28/2018 1:19:00 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I am a foundation junkie! I think I've tried most high end foundation brands. I purchased both the Fenty foundation and Huda foundation a couple of weeks ago and put them both to the test.

For reference I am Mac NC20 and Nars Deauville. I purchased the Fenty foundation in the shade 140. Initially I though this shade would be too light but after reading reviews I decided upon this shade (some people were saying it can oxidise a shade or two). It's an excellent match for my NC20 skin. From using this foundation for a fortnight, I can say that for me it oxides only a tiny amount. It dries down to a soft matte finish and after about 10 minutes the colour on my skin stays true all day.

It applies beautifully. I have used a beauty blender and the new Huda foundation brush. I feel that the brush provides a more flawless finish. I finish off my base with a light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder and I feel this sets the makeup in place for a good 6 - 8 hours. I have an oily t zone and oils start to show through after about 6 hours, but a bit of a powder touch up fixes this.

Flawless finish
Blurs pores and fine lines
Reasonably long lasting
Excellent range of colours

Lack of places to purchase in UK (got mine from Harvey Nichols online)
May not be suitable for very oily skin types

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I was pushed into buying this as when I swatched it instore I thought it clung to dry spots/ pores a lot. But the lady who served me gave me all sorts of reasons why like because I had no primer on blah blah. Anyway I bought it, tried it at home and kinda hated it. I’ve since tried it again with Mac strobe cream applied shortly before which seems to help and using a beauty blender. It actually looks pretty nice once all my makeup is on and it’s one of my preferred foundations at the moment but I wouldn’t rebuy as too much hard work. I have normal skin, not particularly dry. Coverage is pretty average too. Still on the hunt for my HG!

on 1/5/2018 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was able to find the most perfect color match ever with this foundation. I can't even tell I'm wearing makeup, it just blends with my skin. That being said I lean oily and the finish is so matte I have to moisturize before applying. This needs to be applied and blended in small sections as it dries to quickly to blend if applied to the whole face at once. Also I feel like less is more with this product. Just under one pump does it for me, a full pump looks cakey on my skin

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfection! !

I love the consistency (very liquid)... coverage....and mostly how it sets to a your skin but better finish that lasts all day (I use my Becca Backlight Primer for added dimension and a slight glow)... and set the Tzpne with LM Translucent Powder.

If you prefer a glowy/dripped in dewiness look ..then this isn't for you. But if you prefer a velvet matte with lasting power...then def give this one a go.

One caveat...it does oxidise slightly upon application ...so go one shade lighter if possible (ie...310 looked perfect on my nc42 skintone upon application...but dried a little orange.....so 300 turned out to be my perfect shade..despite looking lighter to start with).

on 12/15/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely not for dry skin. The sales rep raved about this product. It may do well for those with dry skin but it made my dry skin look terrible. It sunk into fine lines and pores. Returned it.

on 11/23/2017 8:22:00 PM

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

on 10/15/2017 11:26:00 PM

Combo skin and while it lasted well throughout the day, it was so mask-like and drying. It only looked good from afar and started causing cystic acne, and I never get acne of any kind. Also, like other complaints, it would not stay on my nose and highlighted pores. Hard pass.

on 10/12/2017 10:20:00 PM

Me: 43 years old, very few lines, combo oily skin that can get very oily in warmer weather. Large_ish pores on nose, no old acne marks, lots of red blotches, dark purple circles!

I'm Deauville in NARS, 20 in MUFE F and B, MAC N 4.

This is hands down the best foundation I've ever purchased! I cannot for the life of me see a line between skin and foundation...at all. Best shade I've ever used and I've been wearing base since 1990...16 years old.

I wear 140 and its perfect. It goes on like a dream. I used to use it with the It Cosmetics foundation brush and while I liked it, there were brush marks on the area between my brows and my nose. Fingers (for me) works best. The foundation is definitely on the watery side and with clean fingers it just melts beautifully into skin. Poreless, creamy, solid...no cake, no streaks, no redness, no circles....I'm in awe. I take my favourite huge powder brush (forget the name...it's orange and promoted by Pixiwoo) and fluff on the lovely Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in Light Medium and then do a light contour with Hoola Light and a top with a peachy pink blush. A few sprays of All Nighter and my makeup lasts literally all day.

You know it's good when it's 4 o clock and you keep checking your makeup out in your rearview mirror! No budge, no oily breakthrough, and no patchiness. I plan on repurchashing for a long time!

The bottle is also quite large and very chic and stylish. Excellent base for oily skin like mine. Most foundation breaks through by ten in the morning. Not this baby. Great deal for $34 and the amount of product you get also!

My friend wears 380 and it looks stunning on her, however she is dry and benefits from a moisturizer.