Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 10/11/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the rare reviews where I'd actually go out and buy this product tomorrow if I ran out of it! I'm totally in love with this foundation for my long (10h) workdays.
This foundation is a matte, medium coverage foundation with some shimmer to it so that it looks like there is some glow on the high points of your face even when you don't have highlighter on. But don't let that fool you into thinking there's anything dewy about it. It's a very dry finish - you really don't need to powder to set. RiRi is all about matte skin and then adding shimmer back on top. This is not a no-makeup or natural finish foundation, but it does make your skin look flawless if you do it right.

A few comments:
- putting too much of this on will make your face look dry and crepey. the reviews I've seen of YouTubers who didn't love it all did this mistake
- work in zones and move fast AF with your brush or sponge. like one cheek at a time fam or your face is going to cake
- don't get fooled by the liquid consistency and try and use a floppy brush to apply. dense synthetic brushes and sponges work fine, but floppier brushes don't lay down the product properly, streak, and then it dries down fast and you're left with a complete patchy mess
- I tried it with HG mineral primer, but that's too dry. I went out and bought the RiRi matching primer and that works really well
- go to Sephora and get a colour match...you really can't tell from the internet swatches which one is going to match because it completely changes colour once it's dried

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to find the perfect long-lasting, full coverage foundation to cover my rosacea. I've tried Estee Lauder Double Wear (which I regret buying); Lock It; and a bunch of others I've already reviewed :)

I. Love. This. I dot all over and use a stippling brush to blend. You have to be quick as it dries down quickly to a semi-matte, non-transferable coverage. I moisturise well and like to use Illamasqua Radiance Veil primer - I'm a combination skin with occasional dry patches.

I have 150 and could probably stand to go a shade lighter. It's got yellow undertones which is OK for me as I'm pretty neutral but others may not like it.

I do agree with other reviewers (and have knocked off a lippy) that you really need to have untextured skin for this to look nice. Under my eyes where I have lines, this looks really awful. Easily combat by using a different product there, but tbh I'd rather just use one product not a dozen. I do powder using UD Velvetizer which smooths the appearance of any texture so it's certainly not unusable - you just need to find what works for you. It lasts a full day at work and still looks lovely after a long day, especially if I use a setting spray (which I always do - currently Rimmel).

What I love about this foundation is that it feels natural and not too heavy on the skin, even though it covers all my redness. I found that ELDW for some reason wears really red on my skin, and I have to put on several layers on my cheeks. I hate it, it gets like a mask and it doesn't last anyway!

Overall, I'm really, really impressed with this foundation. If you're looking to try something new, then you could go more wrong than this foundation. It has an excellent shade range and while pricey, it's about the same as other high end products and actually cheaper than some others. Definitely get shade matched though if you can, as it does oxidise, although not (in my case anyway) to orange!

on 10/8/2017 12:34:00 AM

I can see why this is such a controversial foundation! I have oily, acne prone skin and quite a bit of hyperpigmentation. It took a lot of experimentation for me to realize that there was no primer, setting spray, or powder I could use with this foundation to achieve a long lasting finish with the smooth texture promised in the product description. I am normally BIG on silicone-based primers and the UD All Nighter setting spray to make my foundation last. Fenty is literally the only foundation I need to apply in a thin layer over moisturizer, spot conceal, then layer again where needed. It is not at all in keeping with my usual routine (most recently the UD All Nighter foundation or Bare Minerals BarePRO foundation) but this gives me the most beautiful, flawless, oil-free, lasting coverage with this application method. In fairness I think it's closer to 4.5 lippies, but I'm rating it a 4 because of the oxidation and very tricky consistency that requires a lot of homework...

on 10/7/2017 9:06:00 PM

It took me a while to catch on to this foundation. Like many people here, I'm always on the lookout for the perfect shade and color. But by then, most of the shades were sold out. Even some of the testers were gone. I was able to test out some samples, and it was close; a bit too dark. So I go online and I happen to find next lightest shade that's neutral toned, and when I get it, it's too light. BUT! The oxidation helped warm up the tone so that it's quite close to my skin tone, and I was satisfied.

That's about all that was good about the foundation. This brand was very inclusive in its range. Now for the not so good parts...

This is a very fast setting, oil free foundation. I have to work in patches to get the coverage I needed, because after about a minute, it was dry. Application is best with a dense brush. It's a velvet matte finish, so any dry patches I had were magnified. I do skincare before makeup, and I find myself having to reach for my most moisturizing cream to act as a base, which helps a little. I found that it has a medium to full coverage, but I'll lean towards medium, because full coverage just accentuates what imperfections I have.

All these characteristics for this formula (oxidizing, drying, coverage, viscosity) almost matched with the Milani Conceal+perfect 2 in 1 foundation+concealer, even though they have different ingredients. Why would I spend $34 for a foundation that does the same thing as a $11 foundation? I'll admit, Fenty has more than outdone itself on the 40 shade range, but other than that, it's not special. I'll finish the bottle and part ways.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

All i have to say is if you have any texture or fine lines or any dry areas on your face DON'T BUY THIS! That is all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where do I start... this foundation is bloody amazing!! I have difficult skin. Goes through phases of being dry, then oily, then combo and breakout prone. I think the best way to describe my skin type would be ‘temperamental’ and doesn’t like a lot of foundations. Being the beauty junky I am I leapt at the February launch and ordered the foundation. While waiting on it I tried a sample which suffice to say was horrendous!! Made my skin look like a dried up piece of flakey leather and aged me about ten years. So suffice to say I wasn’t too happy I’d bought it. However when it came I was determined to at least try and work with it as everyone seemed to be raving about it. On the bottle it saying clearly you MUST shake before use and my gosh is that the truth!! After giving it a good shake and applying quickly with the Fenty sponge my face was FLAWLESS!!! I have acne scarring and this watery seemingly thin foundation COMPLETELY covered it!! No need for my regular kryolan dermacolor! It’s definitely a ‘soft’ matte as described as it’s not dry looking at all after shaking. I’m an Estée Lauder double wear girl but I’ve been converted.... feels light as air, covers like a dream and doesn’t cake! Transfer resistant and lasts a 12 hour day. For reference I’m super pale and wear shade 140 which I don’t find oxidises a whole lot on me. I’l be ordering a darker shade for when I’m tanned and can’t wait to get my hands on more Fenty products!!

on 10/4/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to try this because it was super hyped up online. I got samples from sephora when this first launched, and tested it out before buying a bottle. I did not find my exact shade match. I am about NC10-15 and 130 was the best match, but still too dark. Since the coverage is so high you really need to match it well.

I hope if they add more shades they bring out a paler yellow shade, all the shades under 130 are far too neutral/pink for me.

I have dry skin and when prepped well it sat alright on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

this foundation is highly pigmented that's why she said go a shade lighter I love this foundation long lasting I have oily skin and it keeps me matt for 8 hrs plus and no flaking off and I did not have to mix 2 to get my ideal shade .I love it and will always repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for my combo skin.

The shade range is fabulous but the foundation oxidizes WAY too much for a foundation in this price range. It makes choosing a shade a challenge because as close as you think a match may be, it's going to end up looking different on your skin and it oxidizes over the length of hours so even when you're testing it in store it's unlikely you will see the actual shade it's going to turn before you've chosen your shade and purchased.

The formula is lightweight and has really nice medium-full coverage. It looks beautiful as you apply it, but it drys down SO quickly that it's difficult to get blended out as you're applying. Every time I've used it I've felt like I'm in a race to blend faster than the foundation sets. I've found that brush application tends to end up slightly streaky and BB application is difficult because the foundation is so lightweight that the sponge just sucks it up and you end up having to use more foundation (BB and the Fenty sponge).

It drys down pretty matte and dry looking. I noticed it accentuated fine lines under my eye area which really bothered me. The biggest problem I have with this foundation is that it clung to my pores. It didn't pool or separate into them, it clung to them and made them look fuzzy. FUZZY. It's the weirdest thing ever. my skin is always moisturized and exfoliated and none of my other foundations do this to my pores.

From a distance my skin looked great and my oily areas never looked shiny even though I had to blot throughout the day. BUT...when I got close to the mirror I could see this weird fuzziness on my nose and chin and creasing in all my fine lines around my eyes and my forehead. Keep in mind that I've also been using this foundation with the Fenty primer as well.

This foundation may be great for a night out when I'm dancing or in low light settings, but for the daytime it's a no-go.
I wish that it didn't look so dry, didn't cling to my pores and make them look freakin' fuzzy, and didn't oxidize so drastically. I think the formula needs a bit of work. I'd totally be down to try out a more luminous, dewy finish should they release one in the future, but they need to get their oxidization in check.

No one wants to speak poorly of the Fenty line, but it's not a flawless line at all. Out of the 11 items I bought (almost $400 worth) there are only 3 that I like: The primer, the gloss, and the highlighter brush (even though I feel the brush is too expensive for how it actually feels, but that's a review for another time). I know you're thinking about the highlighter right now when I say I only liked 3 things, and that's because the highlighters are just glitter. Again, review for another time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didn't even know that Fenty Beauty was a thing until the day before its launch, and even then, I wasn't interested in the foundation until I started watching reviews. Many reviewers raved about the skin-like finish, ease in application, and self-setting attributes, so I wanted to try for myself. Off to Sephora I went to grab samples! (BTW get matched or match yourself in person if at all possible!)

My skintone is an exact match for NW43 in MAC Studio Fix Powder and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande. My match in Fenty is 390. I can also wear 400, though it is slightly red on my skintone. This applied like a dream! I had to work in sections because it sets fast. I applied it with a beauty blender, and it was alright. Seemed like the sponge absorbed a lot of the foundation. It also looks good dabbed on with fingers and blended with a flat-top brush, or just smeared on with fingers. MY KINDA FOUNDATION!

It left a beautiful skin-like finish, like I had naturally flawless skin instead of the scattered hyperpigmentation I actually have. I also needed no powder to set this. The foundation set all by itself! I was able to apply my blush and highlighter over it with no problems whatsoever. And the wear! It looked good throughout an entire 12-hour shift, meaning that I wore it for 14 hours or so. I think I blotted once halfway through and it looked good the whole time.

All this and I'm 95% sure I won't be purchasing the full-size.

Unfortunately, this foundation gave me those teeny little irritation whiteheads. It broke me out! I'm so sad about it! After about six to seven hours, I get a chance to look in a mirror to check my makeup and there they were. If it wasn't for that, this would be my everyday foundation.