Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.1

Used bobbi Brown full coverage buff brush to buff the fenty primer, this in shade 300 then hourglass veil powder, at 8pm. Went for dinner. Midnight I look in mirror I'm a different colour and so oily, coming off my nose and cheeks, I give it a little wipe and all came off. Will try again with beauty blender, Clinique translucent powder (best one I've tried) with cover fx setting spray and try again. I specifically asked the Fenty artist to not go too yellow as I hate looking yellow (why are girls obsessed with looking jaundice) and I'm so yellow. Will fake tan heavily and wear it out Saturday night.

on 5/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Foundation pros - excellent colour match, looks good when first applied. Decent coverage

Cons- no lasting power! For a foundation that claims it is long wearing, the wear is abysmal. It breaks up all over my face and gets patchy by the 2nd hour of wear. Setting spray or primers don't help much. So disappointed. Despite the colour match being good, later in the day I look orange. No bueno. Sorry Riri, there are loads of DS foundations that perform better than this.

on 5/5/2018 2:55:00 AM

I really enjoy this foundation and I try a lot of high end foundations. I got this in 150 light neutral. It’s winter now and this is an exact match for my skin. I could go a little darker and blend down my neck more so it will match in summer and winter. I use ecru in doublewear. I think this is slightly lighter but perfect for me right now. This is also a little lighter than my Mac NW18 and less pink. Maybe more N15 but I’ve not tried that colour. It’s a thin consistency and a high medium coverage but buildable. Goes on beautifully with my silicone based primer (similar to the Fenty one) and a beauty blender but it dries down really quickly so work in sections. I need to moisture heavily when using this. It’s not thick on the skin but it sets and I’d never use powder over it. It’s dry enough. It looks very natural and lasts all day. It doesn’t come off with touch and I like that. Most come off round my sunglasses. I have normal skin that can run dry if I don’t look after it but I also have oily acne patches but they can still be dehydrated. The way it sets is different from any other foundation I’ve used. It’s soft matte but I think quite a unique foundation. Not dewy and definitely not cakey even when built up. Shows dry patches if skin not prep’d properly. I think I’d suggest staying away if your skin runs very dry but maybe if you use a hydrating primer and hydrating setting spray you could use this. Definitely get a sample if you have a Sephora nearby. I’ll update if it breaks me out. It’s only been 4 uses so far.

on 4/1/2018 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much because the color match was so great, but within an hour the foundation had started to separate on my chin and nose. I shook it well. I tried two different primers. Nothing worked. I guess my skin is just too oily.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 240 (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combo
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- shade range
- medium coverage

CONS

- drying
- feels heavy
- accentuates pores
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: Mmm...no. Just no. Felt heavy and looked terrible. My face looked dry and textured. It accentuated pores and came off before 8 hours. It also didn’t grab onto certain areas of my face very well. Great shade range, but it ends there.

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence as to whether I would purchase this based on the sample that I've tried, but for now it is a no. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much coverage on the first go, so I feel like a full bottle would be used up super quickly. The shade range is amazing, and I love that they put it in a nice glass bottle with a pump; however, the finish is too matte for my taste as well. Overall, it is not a bad product and it deserves some of the recognition that it has gotten, but it is by no means one-size-fits-all as it is very drying. I have dry skin, so I know I could only use this once a week at most.

on 3/16/2018 5:20:00 PM

I love the thin consistency, I loved the range of shades. Controlled my oily tzone very well. Where it went wrong for me was my winter skin was far to dry for this foundation. So it looked very caked, dry, and all of my fine lines came through. I think if you have oily moisturized skin this could be your holy grail. I have dehydrated combination skin with lots of texture so it did not work for me.

Nope. Definitely not one for me.

I’ve break out prone skin, acne prone skin, clogged prone skin, large pores combination t zone and dry skin on my eye areas.

This broke me out a little after 2 uses, left me with clogged pores and dried out the skin around my eyes/ cheeks.

The finish was lovely though, a nice soft matte as it’s namesake. But it didn’t wear well, cakey and disintegrates after a few hours of wear.

Thankfully I didn’t spend any monies on this as it was a Christmas gift.

Much Overrated imo

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When i first used this foundation, i absolutely loved it!! I finally found my HG product and I loved the way it looked on camera but I started noticing that i was getting these odd breakouts on my forehead, chin and cheek area - like red bumps. I haven't really been getting spots but only since I started using the foundation. I'm pretty bummed out about it as I really liked the colour and the finish but if I am going to break out as a result of it then it's not worth it at all. Rihanna and her team need to fix up the formula for this ASAP!!