Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm very disappointed in this foundation mainly because it is soooo hyped and I honestly don't get why. It separates on my skin as the oils start coming through and makes my skin look very dull. The silicone content is off the charts, which accounts for my breakouts. No matter how I apply this I can't seem to make it work for my oily skin. To me it's not worth the raving reviews as there are many cheaper drugstore foundations that work better for oily skin.

Really wanted to like this foundation but found it cakey looking as soon as I applied it. It separates on my skin during the day but most other foundations I have tried don’t do this. Really disappointed and not worth the money :(

on 2/11/2019 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For the last 3-4 years, my go-to has been the L'Oreal Pro-Matte in 104 (because I always got hella compliments) but I needed a change of foundation when my face was MUCH more tan than the rest of my body. So here's to experimenting with new foundations!

I'm not much of a high-end foundation girl, but I like this a lot (for several reasons):

- It dries pretty quickly and doesn't transfer - "soft matte" is the perfect way of describing the finish. The formulation doesn't make it separate or stay tacky (ew) throughout the day. I have no patience for makeup that sticks and transfers to shirt collars, male friends' suit jackets, and other people.
- It's in that weird pricing sweet spot of $34 -- not quite low-end $20 Sephora but also not WTH upper-tier $42-60.
- The pump doesn't dispense too much product per pump, so you can either dial back or dial up the amount you need. I just need 1.5 pumps for my face and neck, applied with a damp sponge. I mix this with my Becca Champagne Pop liquid highlighter and yes, it is poppin'.
- IT TOOK ME 2 TRIES, but I found my shade match! Initially I ordered 190 through the online shade finder, got an associate in-person to match and she said 185 would be perfect, but my color is actually 150 after watching it dry down. All the reviews saying this product oxidizes to a darker shade are CORRECT. If you're curious about this foundation, swatch a thin layer on your hand and let it dry to its true shade to make your choice.

I am a thirsty-skinned fair-light complected Asian, if you're curious. I ALWAYS apply moisturizer before foundation, which is how I avoid dry spots -- and because I apply a thin layer of foundation, I don't get the "it settles into lines" issue. At the end of the day, I do get a tad shinier than with my Pro-Matte but it's not a terrible con. Otherwise, it performs awesomely: It looks natural and not "beauty guru" Instaglammy. Light-medium coverage. I can wear this to the office (which I do, by the way) and on a night out.

It's solid.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the shade range of Fenty Beaty. However, I hate how drying this foundation can be on my face. I have combo skin but I find this foundation really drying on my dry areas. The foundation color is the best color match that I have for my skin tone but, I find myself mixing in a dewy foundation which then changes my undertone. I wish Fenty had a dewy version of this and I would be in love!

Hard to blend, settles in lines, makes skin dry, and wears off very quickly.

I have dry - combo skin. The colour match on this foundation is great but the texture/coverage just isn’t for me. This foundation makes my skin look dull and dry. You can definitely see that you’re wearing foundation. I prefer a medium coverage foundation that looks like skin, or is slightly more dewy.
I don’t like the pump - I feel like once I finished the bottle there was still some left in the bottom that I couldn’t get to.
I also find you have to blend it immediately or it sticks to the skin and won’t blend out. It tends to stick to dry patches. I want to love this, but I just don’t.

When I first applied the foundation, I literally thought "what a disaster!". It went all patchy, dry, settled into everything-- I hated it. I applied it with a brush that time. Fast forward to now, and I absolutely love this foundation. What changed? I actually gave it a chance and learned how to use this product correctly. So, my advice, if it comes out patchy-- give it a second chance.

First, shake the bottle really well! This is the first mistake I have made. I gave it a quick shake, and that's it. Wrong! Shake it really well!

Take a damp beauty sponge for application. The product blends in a lot better.

Three, the formula is very peculiar and dries VERY fast. I highly recommend working on one side of the face first before applying foundation on the other side of the face. And blend, blend, blend...fast! Use minimal amount of product! 1.5 pumps covers my whole face and neck (I have a big face). This would give you Light-Medium coverage. An extra coat will give medium to full coverage. If you don't follow these steps, you will end up with a patchy face. But if you do, you will have a flawless Matt finish. Beautiful. Oh, and it doesn't really settle into the fine lines.

The foundation doesn't oxidise, it just dries down like paint.

I received this foundation for free (benefit of working in the beauty industry)- I wouldn’t purchase it myself because foundations with talc always break me out.
I have the shade 130- if you have fair skin with strong yellow undertones this shade is for you. It’s very hard to find very, very yellow foundation shades so props to the brand for the shade range!!! The only this saturated color I’ve ever found is Sisley Phyto Teint Expert in 0 Porcelain.

Anyway, I decided to give this foundation a try.
Shade: it’s a bit too dark for me but since the undertone is right it blends nicely with my skin.
It doesn’t oxidize on me, maybe slightly but no more than half a shade.
Finish: I have combo skin, usually prefer satin matte foundations so it’s up my alley. Doesn’t make my skin shiny and keeps oils at bay.
Coverage: is just right, I’d say solid medium. I use the smallest amount because I have pretty good skin. One pump is more than enough.

I’ve been carefully using this foundation only from time to time- never for several days in a row, since I don’t want it to clog my pores. So far so good!

on 11/16/2018 9:53:00 AM

A full coverage foundation, perfect to mask its imperfections without looking like a cake face!

What I prefer is its matte effect! You do not need to apply powder on it. It is magic. The only problem: the foundation is a bit oxidized by the end of the day. Your face is a little more orange than earlier in the day, but your imperfections stay well hidden :)

There is a lot of shade choices! It is certainly one of the brands that offer the most shade choices. The packaging is a bit simple, but this is not important.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation when it first came out and loved seeing the variety of colors and undertones offered in this collection. However, I know many people had difficulty finding their shade because of this. I first looked on the website to see what was being offered and tried comparing it to foundations I currently have, mainly the MAC studio fix and Prolongwear foundation which is an exact match to my skintone. I went into Sephora with a few options to see what would match and also had one of the staff members at Sephora match me. Based on that I started off with a sample and wore it for a few days to see if I liked it and bought the full size.

pros:
- If you're oily like me, this is definitely a matte foundation. I read some reviews and watched various YouTube videos that mentioned this foundation is semi-matte. Don't listen to them, it's definitely matte and perfect for all the oily gals out there!
- The lasting power of this foundation is wonderful. Typically I reach for this foundation for special occasions such as weddings because of the finish and lasting power.
- There's a pump and a lid for the pump! You don't need more than one pump of foundation for your entire face.I also like that the packaging has a lid for the pump because I've purchased other foundations with a pump (and no lid) and have had accidents with them especially during travelling.

cons:
- Not a fan of the frosted container. This makes it a bit difficult to see how much product you've used/how much product is left.
- Can look cakey if you apply too much or don't blend properly. I personally use my Real Techniques Complexion sponge to blend evenly. I also add a few drops of my Farsali Rose Gold Elixir to my sponge prior to blending to ensure that my face does not look to cakey. Even though I'm oily, I still manage to stay matte using a combination of this foundation and a few drops of the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir.
- Quite thick for an everyday foundation. I mainly keep this foundation for special events.
- Clings to dry patches on skin. Make sure your skin is hydrated and moisturized prior to using this foundation otherwise it can look patchy in some areas.
- Dries very quickly if it's not blended right away.