Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

It also gets visibly darker; I don’t know whether it’s oxidizing or drying down. All I know is that I can see a visible demarcation between the foundation and my chest.

on 6/1/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was honestly so excited to use this! However, I'm not really impressed with this product. You have to put good moisturizer and/or primer to make this look natural. If not, it looks cakey. I don't find this to be full coverage at all. It is buildable, but I don't find it lightweight. I'm also oily. My nose and my t zone gets oily so the foundation starts rubbing off. I think it's good as a light-medium foundation. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

on 12/22/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Before applying this foundation, I made sure to shake it very well, and I also followed someone's advice of dotting most of it on the center of your face, then working it /dragging it out on the rest of your face. It wasn't cakey at all like others had said so I assume shaking the bottle and the application technique helped. I have big pores on my cheeks, and I felt like it definitely blurred out my pores, I mean you can still see them, but it's definitely minimized. I also noticed that the foundation LOOKS MOST AMAZING in pictures!! Holy crap, it was like a filter on my face! (So I guess the name is suitable for it). The color was good, it definitely oxidized a little bit. Oh and you gotta work pretty quick with it: it was liquidy but dries pretty quick! Like my face is def very matte, so make sure to moisturize the hell out of your face beforehand lol.

And you're probably wondering, if it is amazing, then why am I giving it 3 stars? Well... my face is sensitive and every foundation (Born This Way, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Kat Von D, etc) breaks me out, like they all make my face itchy too. This foundation DEFINITELY BROKE ME OUT! It was fine in the beginning and throughout the day my face started to feel itchy :( When I took it off at the end of the night, I got little zits on my face, and one on my nose (usually dont even get zits on my nose). Before applying it, I already had like 2 other zits on my face, and they were more irritated, and they got painful after wearing this foundation! My face was all red :( I'm so sad this didn't work for me, so I guess if you don't have sensitive/acne prone face, it'll be good for you. I guess I'll be going back to my Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation (the only foundation that doesn't break me out).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Price , packaging, product all amazing.