Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

2.9

on 10/15/2017 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Was super excited for this to come out! Love the colour shades, unfortunately this is where it ends. I have been doing proper skin care, hydrating my skin, different primers and all that. Brush, beauty blender, small strokes in small sections... but nothing works. THIS FOUNDATION dries and makes my skin look patchy so bad! On top of that, it would never cover any sort of pigmentation problem that I had. If I tried to put anything on top of it like highlighters it would look even worse. I can't make it work at all! So I had to return, it may be that I have combination skin. IDK it just doesn't work on me... I thought I had oily skin buuut this foundation is probably made for an oil ball face! :(

I really wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out

on 10/3/2017 11:13:00 PM

NO... honestly what is with the hype? I asked for a sample of this and the fact that I was colour matched with a colour quite a few shades lighter because it oxidizes so much is slightly annoying. I have oily/combo skin where I have some dry patches but I also get super oily throughout they day, and even I found this drying. The coverage is great but the foundation dries so fast you need apply it section by section and blend immediately otherwise it's already dry.. I don't like that. If you have super oily skin I think you'll really love this because it did keep me matte all day, it just clung to dry patches and I don't like it for the other reasons I mentioned.

on 10/3/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible. I don't understand how people were sharing this foundation on social media like it was some holy grail, don't believe it. It is nothing special. First off, it is super runny but dries very cakey looking on the skin. This made my skin texture look bumpy, even though I do not have any acne. After about 4 hours the foundation creased and was coming off on my oily spots, such as around the corners of my nose. The color was also off -- both shades I was matched to appeared way too pinkish. By the end of the day it was a smeared, blotchy mess. I did use the primer as well. My wet n wild photo focus foundation I also just tried out actually looks and holds up way better, and it was $3.99.

on 10/2/2017 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was grudgingly using KVD Lock-it before this. It is as if this was what lock-it wanted to be but failed miserably at. It didnt crease or patch on me like the Lock-it did. And as lots of people already said, this oxidised on me but it wasnt really drastic although I might consider a shade lighter the next purchase.

on 9/19/2017 12:12:00 PM

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this! One of my favourite foundations is the Estee Lauder Double Wear because of how well it controls oil and just lasts allllll day, but even on my combo-oily skin it can feel too heavy and tight and drying sometimes so I don't like wearing it for day to day wear. I feel like the Fenty Beauty foundation has everything I like about Double Wear but without the cons.

It doesn't control oil or last as long as Double Wear (I would say after about 8 hours it starts to look kinda oily and patchy), but it has the same matte finish (if a bit softer) and very good coverage and the best part is how comfortable it is to wear. I honestly can forget that I'm wearing foundation, it is that lightweight, plus I don't feel like this dries out my face at all. I think you build coverage more quickly if you apply with a brush, but I find that I get a nicer finish with a sponge - you do use up more product this way though. For best results I would recommend pumping some on your fingers, spreading it over half your face and then pressing it into the skin with the sponge - repeat with the other half. Put more on the places you feel like you want to build coverage. The product does dry fairly quickly so I wouldn't recommend trying to do your entire face all at once as you may have some difficulty blending it in. The shade 260 Medium Neutral is also an excellent match for me - I am usually around a MAC NC30-35. Although I have surface-yellow skin (am Asian), I have more neutral undertones and this is one of the rare Neutral undertone foundations I've tried that still has enough yellow in it for me that it doesn't make me look weirdly pink.

BUT. I WILL say that if you have significant amounts of texture on your face - dry patches, acne bumps, very large pores - I would suggest looking elsewhere, because this one's a clinger. I don't have much texture (most of my skin issues are hyperpigmentation-related), but what little texture I DO have (I will sometimes get dry patches around my nose) it emphasises like crazy (this is why I have taken one lippie off my rating). I have however heard of dry-skinned people who love this foundation and didn't think it made their texture look worse, so I guess different strokes for different folks. Though I would hands down recommend this for oilier skin types, I would be more cautious about getting this if you have dry skin.

Conclusion : If you've traditionally had issues getting a match in other foundation ranges because you have tricky-to-match undertones, the Fenty line's range of shades is one of its best features, so I would highly encourage getting colour-matched. Oilier skin types with little texture on the face are more likely to enjoy this as it provides a comfortable soft matte finish that does a good job with oil control and lasts pretty well.

on 9/18/2017 9:31:00 PM

Not for dry skin girls! I love matte foundation (wet n wild photofocus, and naked skin) but this left me looking soooooo dry around my nose and chin. No thank you.

I love this foundation! The lady at Sephora matched me and once I looked in the mirror I was so amazed at how good my skin looked. It looked airbrushed. I got the shade #200 and its perfect, my skin has some redness in it and I have always had a hard time finding a foundation that matches my undertones. I have very oily skin and this foundation is amazing at controling the oil. I wore this during a football tailgate while I was bar hopping and it looked great all day and I only had to apply some touch up powder once. My skin is very sensitive to break outs and so far so good- really hoping that it doesn't end up making me break out because I am in love with it!

on 9/14/2017 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I usually have the worst luck finding shades because beauty companies think darker skinned women don't exist or are just red-toned but I found my shade in this line which was absolutely amazing. Like my skin in a bottle!! I used with the Fenty primer and it lasted all day for me (9-10 hrs) on my dry/combo (oily tzone) my tzone got oily after the 6 hr mark but it looked more dewy than greasy. I absolutely love it and will purchase again!!!