Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a little over hyped in my opinion. The color range is great! I don’t necessarily like the formula. It’s not really matte to me.

on 6/1/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was honestly so excited to use this! However, I'm not really impressed with this product. You have to put good moisturizer and/or primer to make this look natural. If not, it looks cakey. I don't find this to be full coverage at all. It is buildable, but I don't find it lightweight. I'm also oily. My nose and my t zone gets oily so the foundation starts rubbing off. I think it's good as a light-medium foundation. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!

on 5/21/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

the hell is this crappy foundation?? it cakes up so fast a slides off my face so fast, and lemme tell you it doesn't happen to me even w my cheaper drugstore foundations, this is nightmare, stay away from it

on 5/17/2018 12:04:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I am obsessed with this foundation. I was so excited when I saw the shade range was completely diverse and inclusive. Even though I am pale and most (if not all) make up companies accommodate my skin, I would prefer to support companies that care about diversity.
I love that there are different undertones in each shade range. I am pretty fair but have a yellow undertone and my neck is pure white basically, so I have 120 i believe and it matches me perfectly. and I have had a lot of difficulty finding a drugstore foundation that suits my skin AND looks good.

This foundation is smooth and quite a runny consistency and I can get through my whole face with a pump and a half using a damp beauty blender.
I would say its a medium buildable coverage, I like being able to see my freckles through my foundation and have quite a natural look, but you can easily build it up. It leaves you matte and poreless but not 1 dimensional.
If you set it right, it stays on all day. It feels so light once it's on as well.

It is a bit pricey, but its the base of your face so it's worth investing in a good foundation and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. It works well on my oily skin especially in the humid weather. Lasts all day on my skin and it’s not drying!

on 4/26/2018 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I am in love with this product. It took me a few tries to get the right foundation color because at Sephora they don't always have a large variety available to test. I was first matched with 370, then 410 and I decided that 420 was my perfect match. The foundation is flawless and I love the skin like finish, only thing is that its not really long wear you would have to touch up by the end of the day. So I will keep this solely for going out wear or maybe purchase the blotting paper. But this is definitely worth purchasing.

Me and my mum both got shade matched to Fenty foundation during our latest sneaky shenanigans at Sephora. I was matched to 120 and she was matched to 220. Both our shade matches are impeccable and blend into our skins flawlessly. However, that is sadly where the positive points end. The "boundary breaking" shade selection is the biggest selling point with this line but unfortunately it doesn't have much else to offer. The finish is a dry powdery matte which manages to highlight any texture or slight imperfections you may have and it doesn't wear particularly good either. By the end of the day my t-zone was shiny and coverage had noticeably faded. It is fairly easy to blend with a brush or Beauty Blender but the problem is it adheres to some areas of the face whilst going patchy/uneven on other spots. I was tempted to just keep this hoping for better results when summer comes around but I'm impatient so I returned it. Kat Von D Lock It, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bobbi Brown Skin Longwear Weightless, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Diorskin Forever, Nars Sheer Glow, YSL All Hours etc are all better choices.

Pretty much every other foundation that I've tried or owned is superior to this crap by Rihanna which should be sold at Walmart for $13. This is drugstore quality makeup being sold at Sephora and touted as "highend". But to be honest there are drugstore foundations that are actually better than this. Sorry but someone had to say it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking forward to trying this foundation , given the hype, but it fell flat for me. For reference my skin is oily to combination. I tried this as a sample in the shade 130. The shade is spot on, perfect. This is comparable to the shade Gobi from NARS. But the wear is pretty bad. Upon application, it was so difficult to blend in with a brush. It was caking into every pore and crease, and just looked heavy. It began seperating almost immediatly and just looked like a mess. Clung onto dry spots as well, even after exfloiating and moisturizing. Very drying as well. Sorry Riri. :(

on 3/24/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation as I’ve been forever in search of my holy grail long wear foundation, but unfortunately it just wasn’t living up to any of the hype.
I always apply with a buffing brush as it gives me the airbrush type of finish I prefer, and initially when I began applying it I noticed that I had to blend extremely quickly as it wasn’t blending properly - however on my second time applying I realised it wasn’t the case at all, this foundation just generally cannot blend as well as others I’ve tried. After what felt like a mini arm workout trying to blend it in, it still looked very patchy and sat really awfully on my skin.
My acne prone skin didn’t break out though (thankfully), however it’s only day two of wearing it.
I’m glad I only got this as a sample and didn’t buy the full sized bottle as it would’ve gone to waste.