Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

So I was walking around Sephora just browsing when I asked the sales lady to help me pick out my color from Fenty Beauty (btw I never considered this product coz I hate rihanna). Once the lady finished blending out the foundation she asked me to look in the mirror and we both said WOW! at the same time. Everyone looked at me and stared coz IT WAS FLAWLESS!!!! I cannot emphasize enough how well it blended with my skin without primer or setting powder!! AND IT LASTED HOURS!!

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews but I guess different ppl have different skin right. Btw I'm oily combination.

NONE of the other higher end foundations had such amazing finish. Not Bobbi brown, not Estee Lauder, not shu uemura. NONE OF THEM. I'm sooooo happy coz this was just a chance encounter coz I was bored. Definitely will repurchase.

on 9/3/2018 10:24:00 AM

The Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is actually available in 40 different shades! 40! That really gives you a lot of options! I personally use the Neutral 320 foundation which gives my skin an instant, shine-free coverage. The foundation is so light and the texture is so fine that once I have tried it, I immediately knew it was the perfect match. I would definitely recommend the foundation as it does not clog your pores, which is really important for the health of your skin and you can purchase it for only $34!

Check out my full Fenty Cosmetics review at https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/review-of-fenty-beauty-by-rihanna

on 8/3/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, what I absolutely adore about this foundation line is that I could actually find a perfect shade match. I actually use this foundation as a benchmark to gauge the colour match of other foundations that I want to try. Its medium coverage looks nice on my skin. I personally dont really like heavy foundations because they tend to make me look like I'm wearing a mask, so I do appreciate its natural looking finish. The pump packaging is brilliant. It makes application very easy and hygienic. I havent noticed any breakouts from using this product.

However, I don't think it suits my oily, textured skin. Find that it doesn't give me that "pro-filter" it advertises. I've found that it doesn't look good when I apply it to my forehead because of my texture. It also does break down throughout the day and transfers a bit when I blot. The pigment separates around my nose and smile line area over time. Also, layering the product to become more full coverage tends to make my skin look cakey, so I just stick to applying a thin layer.

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed my time with Fenty, but I think I'll be looking for other foundations after I'm done with this bottle.

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

on 6/30/2018 12:04:00 AM

I tried this foundation when it came out and I loved it. Im not much of a foundation person, but when I bought this I used it only for special occasions. A year went by and I was lighter than the shade so I went into Sephora and they let me switch my shade without a problem because I still had about 70% of product. My only problem was that it had oxidized and made me look more tan/ orange. So I went in and exchanged my shade once again to something more neutral. This time while wearing Fenty I had noticed that it was transferring very easily. I would itch my cheek and would find the foundation under my nail and the foundation scraped right off my face. Throughout the day i found that it had creased on my laugh lines and looked really weird when I wasn't smiling or laughing because the foundation was creased around my mouth. Im not sure if I can do anything to help this from happening if so- I love this formula and Fenty products and would love to continue using it if there was a solution to the transferring.

on 6/26/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i did like this, but i didn't love it. i really appreciate and love the wide shade range and the nice packaging. however, i did not how difficult it was for me to blend it out (with both a sponge and a brush). plus, i found myself getting extremely oily within 3-4 hours, with a primer, powder, and setting spray, and my skin isn't even that oily. i really wish i loved it, but i will not be repurchasing.

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a little over hyped in my opinion. The color range is great! I don’t necessarily like the formula. It’s not really matte to me.

on 6/1/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was honestly so excited to use this! However, I'm not really impressed with this product. You have to put good moisturizer and/or primer to make this look natural. If not, it looks cakey. I don't find this to be full coverage at all. It is buildable, but I don't find it lightweight. I'm also oily. My nose and my t zone gets oily so the foundation starts rubbing off. I think it's good as a light-medium foundation. However, I don't think I will be repurchasing this product.

on 5/26/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Been using this product for a couple of months now. Slightly skeptical at the beginning because I always thought products by celebrities will never be as good as the brands that have been in the market for a long time. However, this foundation did not disappoint.

My skin is really oily, like I have to use maybe 2 to 3 pieces of blotting paper to fully rid the oil off my face. I was using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation before this, and that foundation did control the oil. My face will still look glowy due to the oil (but not too oily). However, that product was too difficult to blend as it dries up very quickly, and sometimes my skin will look patchy especially at the nose area. I hated the packaging as well as it did not come with a pump, so I'll pour it on the back of my hand which causes it to dry up WAY TOO QUICKLY. Having changed to Fenty Beauty, this product does way better than Estee Lauder. It's easy to blend and the shade selection is better. I feel that it does make my skin appear less oily throughout the day, but could still improve. It is not tacky as well!

As a Singaporean, the weather here is insanely hot and the Fenty Beauty foundation will still allow oil to come through, just that you'll look slightly glowy as the day goes by. However, I've been receiving compliments from people saying that my skin looks really perfect and flawless. I personally use this product with Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturizing gel, Rimmel wake me up concealer and Rimmel stay matte powder and finish it off with UD's setting spray. I find that this combination of products gave me the best results for oily skin.

All in all, for people with oily skin, do give it a shot as I personally feel that it is even better than Estee Lauder's double wear foundation, which has been highly raved by youtubers. Good luck!

on 5/21/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

the hell is this crappy foundation?? it cakes up so fast a slides off my face so fast, and lemme tell you it doesn't happen to me even w my cheaper drugstore foundations, this is nightmare, stay away from it