Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 3/17/2019 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use YSL All Hours foundation & recently purchased this stuff looking for something that wouldn’t separate throughout the day & wouldn’t settle into lines (YSL was bad for this!). It definitely achieves that end! Doesn’t split, crack, stays the hell out of wrinkles & smile lines. Doesn’t transfer to anything - it dries quickly & thoroughly. The finish wasn’t too remarkable - kind of a powdery dull look, which I suppose is only to be expected of a matte foundation. It stays ALL day. I get a bit oily around my t- zone & it very slightly shines through, not enough to warrant blotting however. After work I tried to rub it around to test it’s staying power & it did not move. Definitely a long laster (I cant stress this enough, it’s easily it’s best feature). However, it’s got its downfalls. Oxidizes terribly. Buying a lighter shade would hardly help as it oxidizes about 2-3 hours into the day; and turns more orange than anything. It’s also not buildable whatsoever. I noticed it went on very light and the coverage wasn’t great, so I went to go add another layer and the previous layer came off! Left me looking a bit splotchy. It also is very drying; which could easily be overcome by using a strong moisturizer, but I won’t be changing my faithful moisturizer for this stuff. Its very hard to apply; being a quick drying foundation it will literally dry as you attempt to blend it with a beauty blender & you need to work very fast. I also got a skin reaction from it, not too sure what exactly happened but my skin became very rough & dry around my eyes & my eyelids were incredibly puffy after I took the foundation off! Eyes were also watering all day & were itchy. Cleared up after I had it off for an hour or two. To be completely honest I don’t see how there’s so much hype surrounding this foundation, it’s at best a mediocre product. The $12 drugstore brand Fit Me is a better product all around. For my skin type anyway!

on 1/4/2019 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love everything behind this brand however I feel that this product could improve to evolve into the perfect foundation if they could make it last longer and look a little less matte but that may be just a personal preference. I love the fragrance and texture of this formula, I have some freckles on my face and in spite of the high coverage that it has it is still possible to see them maintaining a natural and light look that honestly fascinates me. The price is fair, excellent shade range, fabulous packaging, you must give it a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation oxidizes like a B! It also has really weird undertones. Not a fan

on 12/25/2018 3:23:00 PM

This is an okay foundation. I love the colours (I took the lightest one), bit the formula was just not quite there. It accentuated dry patches that I didn't notice before - it's a fairly matte formula so that's probably why. It also tends to face off throughout the day quite a lot, I would say it only lasts like 3 hours before a noticeable difference in texture and coverage - and by the end of the day it literally had faded so much that the area's I put concealer in stood out like crazy because they were still there. This is with setting powder and primer by the way. I was hoping to love it, and still have almost a full bottle left! :( going to try MUFE HD foundation next, or go back to my Sephora 10hr.

on 11/16/2018 2:30:00 AM

This is the best foundation I’ve ever used, wears for a long time, doesn’t cake up and looks natural. Also the best colour match I’ve ever had.

on 11/6/2018 7:23:00 AM

I love Rihanna, don't get me wrong and when this first ever came out I was desperate to try, so I did - the price is reasonable and the packaging is nice and classy.

However, the foundation just doesn't meet the match. As soon as you put on the foundation on your face, you have to instantly blend blend blend or it dries up in patches around your face, it also tends to oxidase majorly throughout the day, which is a hassle.

The foundation, I would say is light - medium coverage, as my skin was quite oily when I purchased it, it didn't have a smell to it but when it was on your face it felt - very matte? although it broke around my t-zone.

The foundation really isn't worth it, especially just because its RiRi.

So I was walking around Sephora just browsing when I asked the sales lady to help me pick out my color from Fenty Beauty (btw I never considered this product coz I hate rihanna). Once the lady finished blending out the foundation she asked me to look in the mirror and we both said WOW! at the same time. Everyone looked at me and stared coz IT WAS FLAWLESS!!!! I cannot emphasize enough how well it blended with my skin without primer or setting powder!! AND IT LASTED HOURS!!

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews but I guess different ppl have different skin right. Btw I'm oily combination.

NONE of the other higher end foundations had such amazing finish. Not Bobbi brown, not Estee Lauder, not shu uemura. NONE OF THEM. I'm sooooo happy coz this was just a chance encounter coz I was bored. Definitely will repurchase.

on 9/3/2018 10:24:00 AM

The Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is actually available in 40 different shades! 40! That really gives you a lot of options! I personally use the Neutral 320 foundation which gives my skin an instant, shine-free coverage. The foundation is so light and the texture is so fine that once I have tried it, I immediately knew it was the perfect match. I would definitely recommend the foundation as it does not clog your pores, which is really important for the health of your skin and you can purchase it for only $34!

Check out my full Fenty Cosmetics review at https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/review-of-fenty-beauty-by-rihanna

on 8/3/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, what I absolutely adore about this foundation line is that I could actually find a perfect shade match. I actually use this foundation as a benchmark to gauge the colour match of other foundations that I want to try. Its medium coverage looks nice on my skin. I personally dont really like heavy foundations because they tend to make me look like I'm wearing a mask, so I do appreciate its natural looking finish. The pump packaging is brilliant. It makes application very easy and hygienic. I havent noticed any breakouts from using this product.

However, I don't think it suits my oily, textured skin. Find that it doesn't give me that "pro-filter" it advertises. I've found that it doesn't look good when I apply it to my forehead because of my texture. It also does break down throughout the day and transfers a bit when I blot. The pigment separates around my nose and smile line area over time. Also, layering the product to become more full coverage tends to make my skin look cakey, so I just stick to applying a thin layer.

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed my time with Fenty, but I think I'll be looking for other foundations after I'm done with this bottle.

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

It also gets visibly darker; I don’t know whether it’s oxidizing or drying down. All I know is that I can see a visible demarcation between the foundation and my chest.