It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50+

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation SPF 50+

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in "light" and it's way too dark for me, so I'm going to have to bring it back for the fair/porcelain shade. In the compact, it appears to match my fair skin with neutral undertones, but when I actually put it on, it turns orange. I've used the It Foundation in the black compact and the one called "Illumination" and hated them both. They both accentuated pores and wrinkles and the "Illumination" one was not illuminating in my opinion. With this formula, I feel like Jamie Kern read all of the reviews and made a great powder because it's matte but not flat and goes on like butter. I really hope the fair matches my skin. It also stays on through heat. Today is nearly 100 degrees and I had this on during a local dog show for nearly 3 hours and I look flawless, though orange. Can't wait to find my shade. I also bought their Bye Bye Undereye which I didn't need. I used it with the Saem concealer. The Saem concealer already gives full coverage, so I think I'll return the Bye Bye Undereye.

on 7/18/2018 7:55:00 PM

Best powder foundation ever! I have very oily skin, therefore I‘m always for the lookout for the perfect powder foundation. Liquid foundation is a no-go for me even though I like a full coverage. For the past years, I have been using MAC, Laura Mercier and Make Up Forever. None of them worked for me anymore, neither texture nor color. It cosmetics celebration gives me a full coverage, it matches my skin tone 90% and I don‘t need my concealer anymore. I use fixing spray to set my foundation, like that my foundation won‘t turn cakey and lasts the whole day!

on 9/11/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

It's been awhile since I've used the original Celebration Foundation, but when I found out that they had an SPF 50 version, I had to get it just for the sunscreen. Now that I'm in my 50s, I don't like to wear powder, but this one is nice and creamy and doesn't sit in my lines or look chalky. I wear a light coat of cream foundation (Honest Beauty or Cinema Secrets) and I dust a little of this on top for added sun protection, press it into my skin with my fingers, then I follow with a moisture mist. (I use sunscreen under my foundation as well.) The Celebration Foundation really evens out my complexion and gives a nicer, more finished, yet natural look. Almost all other powders leave me looking drier, so this one is special. The key is to get the right color. I brought my own powder brush to the Ulta store so I could try different colors the same way I'd do it at home. (My Sephora store does not have this powder.) Since moving to the beach, I have a whole different color of skin now, and the tan shade was perfect for me, which was a bit surprising since I'm still somewhat fair, but the medium was kind of yellow and did not blend in. The tan is more neutral and disappeared right into my skin.

I also tried the CC spf 50+ powder in the store -- I put it on one side of my face and Celebration on the other and walked around for about 30 minutes. They looked fairly similar, but I thought Celebration looked and felt more moist and creamy than the CC version.