China Glaze Queen, Please!

China Glaze Queen, Please!

4.5

on 10/18/2017 2:30:00 AM

This is a fun polish that I actually like to wear alone and not as a topper. I think if there were mermaids this shade would be the colour of a mermaids fin. It is such a cool colour it shines different depending on the lighting to me it looks like a pinky shade with a gold shift. While other times it just looks like gold and iridescent green. It’s quite an interesting polish that’s for sure. I like 2 coats of this on a base coat then I finish with Seche Vive gel effect top coat and it looks so pretty! I find this lasts on my nails for days without chipping. To me also I find two coats to be pretty opaque 3 would be too much on my nails. And I would do 1 thin coat if I was using it as a topper. I think it’s a lovely colour that I’m happy I have because I personally don’t own anything like this in my polish collection. Recommended.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Queen, Please! is part of the Halloween 2017 Happily Never After collection, that has just been released. It's a greeny gold shimmer, in a clear-but-opal iridescent base, that flashes pink. It's a topper that is best on the plum creme in the Happily Never After collection, or other dark creme shades. However it hasn't looked 'bad' over any colour I've tried so far, so the possibilities for it are endless.

It is made to be worn as topper, but whilst not being opaque at three coats, I do like it that way on its own for a glitzy accent - the polish is so shiny and flashy that you can only see your nail line when you hold your hands near your face and inspect them. I'm not much of one for polish toppers and this was the polish in the collection that I was the least keen on trying, but this polish is so much fun that I highly recommend people who like super-shiny polishes picking it up - but people who own China Glaze's Twinkle Twinkle Little Starfish [Seas And Greetings 2016] should steer clear as Queen, Please! looks almost identical to it once applied.

I've got no outright complaints with the look or formula with Queen, Please! itself, but it as well as it being extremely close to Twinkle Twinkle little Starfish, it is also similar to Hay Girl Hay! [Color Is Magic 2017] once applied, so I don't think that this is a must-have topper to get if you have the former. I'll still wear this happily enough, but if I lost my bottle tomorrow I wouldn't mind, as I prefer Hay Girl Hay! a teensy bit more, as the base has a stronger pink flash.

Popular Polishes