Coty Wild Musk

Price: $

on 12/29/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i got this for nine bucks at target and boy, is it the best. I have a lot of perfume and wear Cartier, Angel, Replica and Nirvana Black almost daily so I do like more expensive perfumes, but this is amazing and I wear it all the time...it's more of a body spray because it doesn't last super well but it plays well with other scents-I layer it with Marc Jacobs Decadence and it smells amazing. I also use my Keihls musk oil on top of this and that helps it to last. I love how seventies it smells and how subtle it is. It also smells really good with Charlie, if you want the full drugstore experience! For ten dollars, you can't pass it up. Very versatile!

on 11/2/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love! I'm wearing it now. I still have half of my EDT & perfume oil from many years ago. They still smell great, and I've probably had them each at least a dozen years.

I've been a musk lover since the 70's, I've worn them all, and this one is very nice, esp in our current weather. It's wonderful on this chilly, rainy, gloomy November day. Chilly Fall/Winter weather is when this fits the bill most perfectly, in my humble opinion.

Coty Wild Musk wears very low, soft, and under-the-radar. Comforting as a warm blanket, and it has a cloaking quality -- makes me feel protected and hidden -- it's a close-to-the-body, personal scent. It communicates more with the wearer herself than with the outside world. It has a very calming quality -- calming, quieting, centering, comforting, and reassuring. Mmmm!

A low-key, warm musk which mostly just smells like a straight-up Sandalwood, to my nose. I know Coty Wild Musk is complex and actually contains some floral notes & possibly vanilla, but I'm mostly just smelling a soft skin-scenty sandalwood.

It does NOT smell animalic at all (like Kiehl's Original does, although I enjoy that one too). Wild Musk is not the least bit offensive -- not at all.

I've never tried any of the latest "reformulations" that other reviewers speak of, but I often find that reformulations (to me, anyway) aren't as different or bad as reviewers claim. I'm sure I'll be buying whatever Coty Wild Musk is being sold in stores when I run out of my own EDT and perfume oil bottles -- and even if it's a little different, I hope I'll still like it.

To Read all 110 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/14/2015 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This was a secret santa gift and this is a sad shadow of its former self. A very watered down scent. I am halfway thru the bottle already. I remember wearing this long ago in my last year of high school (dating myself here, lol) in the oil form. Sigh. The cologne is more of a body spray on me, and it does not last. I catch a whiff sometimes on my shirt sleeves, seems to last longer on clothes than on my skin. Since this is a gift, I couldn't return it so I will finish the bottle and remember how lovely it was back then.

on 1/2/2015 3:15:00 PM

You simply cannot beat the mix of flowers, vanilla and musk. This has been a signature fragrance for years. Not overwhelming, but the compliments keep on coming. It is proof positive that a great scent does not necessarily have to cost a fortune. I will continue to purchase as long as it is available.

on 10/24/2014 9:21:00 AM

This is a warm, sweet scent. I like it a lot. I wore this when I was in high school then went on to other perfumes. All of these years, I forgot about it. I was at Walmart and saw it sitting on the bottom shelf and I grabbed a bottle of the spray cologne. I am so glad I bought this, smells amazing. It has changed somewhat since the 70's, it was better back then but it is still pretty good now. Last night when I bought this, I had also sprayed some Chanel Allure on. To my surprise, the Wild Musk is a much better fragrance and much cheaper. Yes, I will repurchase and always have this in my perfume collection.

on 4/15/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I loved this scent back in high school... and I still do! It's the perfect combo of sexy and sweet to me. Not at all dirty smelling and not to cloying or sticky sweet. Nice staying power on my skin too! Now I have to find me some Love's Baby Soft!! :)

This is too musky, almost a straight musk to me - a bit overpowering. It actually smells kind of dirty on my skin. On some people this simple, affordable fragrance smells amazing, but not on me. I'll stick with my Jovan musk.

Picked this up at target for $10.97. I had read a lot of positive reviews about this fragrance but was still skeptical since it is an inexpensive drug store perfume from the 70's. I general have an idea that those types of perfumes are very heavy and smell like alcohol. I was really pleasantly surprised with this one. It smells very good. It's on the lighter side and there isn't a lot of alcohol smell when you spray it. On me it smells like musk and baby powder, kind of sweet smelling. I really like it, I think it is a good every day fragrance for a sweet price!

I used to turn up my nose at drugstore fragrances. I just didn't believe that scents under $10 could smell complex or even GOOD, not to mention have lasting power. However, I have recently developed a voracious obsession for musky fragrances, and to my surprise, some of the highest rated were all ds scents! They had to be at least worth a shot. And as a soon to be college student, I figured it would be good for me to start being a little less spendy. So, down I went to CVS where I tried: Wild Musk, Jovan Musk, Jovan White Musk, Body Fantasies White Musk, Skin Musk... I think that's it. The experience told me I definitely don't like white musks... too soapy clean and innocent, not sexy at all (at least by my definition of sexy). I would classify those as "Christian Sexy"- something a church lady would put on for those "special nights" with her husband. HAH. I want a warm, purring musk with a touch of raunch! This was my favorite of the bunch. Not too floral, smooth and cohesive. Similar to Skin Musk but not as clean and sweet. Unfortunately it's still a no-go for me. People have described this as timeless and ageless but I thought it was too mature on me, and when I got home my mom said I "smelled like high school" which I think just about says it all. Additionally, the scent gives me a STRONG flashback to party hookups... Powdery deodorant, a hint of banal floral, and then, well, musk. I can see why so many people like it but it is too nostalgic for me and NOT in a good way. Ironically I left the store with Prince Matchabelli Cotton Candy, perhaps the least sexy of all... unless you're a pedophile (I kid). I'm looking forward to trying more drugstore scents because although none of these jived with me, they definitely weren't as low quality as I was expecting!

on 12/3/2012 9:57:00 PM

Someone recommended using Dark Musk from Body Time as a substitute for Coty Wild Musk. The articles state that the scent is the same or very similar. I recently purchased this Dark Musk and am very disappointed. This is nothing like Coty Wild Musk. Actually, I threw it out. Ladies, if you are a CWM fan as I am, please do not waste your money on Dark Musk. Just continue to use Coty Wild Musk and refresh often. I have yet to find a replacement.

Popular Fragrances