Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara

Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara

2.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is one of the worst mascara's I've ever used. I bought a trial size from Sephora. I am very diligent about expiration dates on mascara and do not use a full size in three months. The formula is very dry, it makes my lashes black but does not add any volume or curl. The brush felt stiff and too straight for my liking. I do not know if the full size product has these issues. I tossed this and used a drugstore mascara that worked better. Overall a fail from UD. I would skip this and buy pervasion instead.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a set w Zero 24/7 pencil & full sized pencil/mascara on a 15% off for $16 & I love both. This mascara makes my lashes long & spindly not a heap of volume due to its brush I think but still lashes are dramatic & I like this mascara, I plan to repurchase another set. Iz a good mascara well I think it’s splurge worthy. & it wears good idk if waterproof but wears well. I say #winning

on 3/2/2018 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara is such a let down.
I received a sample of this mascara from Sephora and was so excited to try it. I started using the sample and absolutely LOVED it. My lashes were so long, voluminous and bold. They looked amazing, sexy and the mascara was indeed holding up pretty well. Then I decided I was going to purchase the full-size : It was a total disaster. It's so dry, it looks like there's no product at all in the tube. I think this is a trick, and in my opinion, this could be seen as false marketing because the sample performs a hundred times better than the actual product. Don't buy this ! I got an ELF mascara for $3 that performed much MUCH better than Troublemaker.

Makes my lashes look great, not quite like false lashes but pretty darn close...not the heavy, dramatic type. I did apply 2 coats, allowing the 1st to dry before applying the second. Committed the ultimate makeup sin and went to sleep with the mascara on...hardly a smudge. If the brush were a bit thinner, it’d make it easier to put it on lower lashes.

I DO wish it was waterproof. That would make it much more awesome than it already is.

on 2/10/2018 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be the worst mascara that I have ever used. I got a sample of this from a Urban Decay promotion where they were offering this as a freebie. I doubt I would of ever bought it anyway but trying it for free I knew upon the first swipe that it wasn't for me. The brush is hard and spikey and doesn't seem to deposit much product to your lashes and hurts to apply. Noooo thanks.

on 2/9/2018 9:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Was very wet when I first bought it. After a week, it was dried out. Does nothing for length or volume. Do not recommend this mascara at all.

on 2/6/2018 2:21:00 PM

When I saw the cute packaging of this mascara, I decided to try it. I bought the travel/trial size and I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the regular size. This is a mascara with long extension fibers and I didn't like it at all. The extensions, along with the brush shape, were difficult to deal with on application. The sales person was correct that it wouldn't flake. It didn't, but it sure did smudge and I had problems with clumping. I have several drugstore mascaras that perform much better for me than this, at a fraction of the cost. It does have really black pigment, so if you can deal with those extensions and the brush, and can apply without it clumping, you may like it. But I would suggest the travel/trial size first before spending money on the full-size product.

on 2/1/2018 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This mascara went on fairly well. The wand seperated my lashes nicely and fanned them out. The color is a true jet black and the formula lengthens but minimal volume unless you layer it on. However this is the absolute hands down worst mascara I have ever wasted my time or money on. I don't even know how they got this past even minimal testing. Especially since it's advertised as sex proof. I don't know what kind of sex these people are having but Im truly sad for them. This melted all over my eyelids just cooking dinner. I mean completely melted off of my lashes and clumped onto my lids like a melted crayon and stung my eyes. I teared up a bit while using a pepper mill but omg wtf? If I can't even season my food with this stuff on I can only imagine what I would have looked like after sex. I can't say I have ever had this happen. Luckily it washes off easy. I've had better performance from a $4 wet and wild mascara in high school. Really horrible

on 1/7/2018 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Let's start with the positives first. 1. The packaging is really pretty. The mascara tube looks like a very high-end component. 2. The mascara is vegan. Regarding the actual mascara....I don't like this at all. I'm not sure what the bristles are designed to do but when I apply the mascara, my lashes are spindly. I mean zero volume is imparted to my lashes. I don't really get any length either. Basically all I get are black, separated, skinny lashes. A sample size mascara came with the UD trouble maker palette (which is phenomenal). I don't want to waste the product so I use it as a base for a real mascara that can impart volume and length. As a mascara primer, it works fine. As a sole mascara product, it's a troublemaker alright. It makes trouble if you want a good mascara.

on 11/16/2017 4:22:00 PM

Its not often(or ever) that I give anything 2 lippies, and as much as I love UD products, this mascara is an epic fail...received a deluxe sample of this, used it 2x and tossed it.. I can always make ANY mascara work, I have naturally long and curled lashes, so I don't have huge needs in a mascara except that I need it to not flake, give volume without clumps, and be easy to remove.. I somewhat like the brush on this, but the formula is over the top wet and clump city. I will stick with Mad Lash by TheBalm, or a few Rimmel, Lancome, and Essence mascaras that perform well.