Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara

Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara
Troublemaker Mascara

2.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I only tried the mini version of this but it was really underwhelming. It provides really good separation between lashes because of the spiky brush but this also means the volume was really poor.The length was okay but the lack of volume, meant it barely looked like I had anything on my lashes. It was a really natural looking mascara, if that's what you want. But being labeled "Troublemaker" I expected a lot more drama. As others have mentioned, it is not water proof but I found the wear okay.

i bought this when ulta had 2 of this in a set for a discount, $15 if i remember correctly i must say i think i havent seen such negative reviews for a product in general. usually it would be like 50/50 or 40/60, but then makeup is so personal so i understand the brush on this is kind of sharp, and plastic? you have to be careful, as it cannot be applied in a rush. formula-wise, it is on the wet side, so definitely have to let it dry. i do think it lengthens pretty well. now i have used a lash primer, as i do with all mascaras, it just wont do anything without the primer. it was around mid 90 today in la so it was pretty hot and a bit humid too. and this stayed on through the heat. this is not waterproof so if you have teary eyes it wont stay, i welled up a bit watching a touching yt video, and thats when it started to smear. bit no flakes so thats good i wouldnt buy it again bc i have too many other mascaras to try

on 7/14/2018 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This mascara was one of the most pathetic that I've tried. It doesn't hold a curl like the description promises to. My lashes did not look good and it's not worth the price, even for the discounted price I bought it at.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It stays on well and separates nicely, but it's SO underwhelming! I felt like it was way too natural for being marketed as a troubleMAKER mascara.

More like good-girl, trouble AVOIDER with virgin lashes... lol. I would not repurchase or recommend.

on 6/27/2018 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this mascara in a half price offer at House of Fraser. I was looking for a decent mascara that wasn’t going to load my lashes with big clumps of mascara and this does the job for me. The wand is thin with short bristles, exactly what I was looking for. I really want a mascara to coat and define my lashes, dramatic lashes are not me. This coated my lashes well, defining them nicely.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Product is ok in terms of giving length and volume, the only thing is that it smudges all under my eyes within an hour and I will not be using this again.

on 6/22/2018 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It lengthens and darkens but it's flake city. Little black flakes collect under your eyes. At one point one got in my eye, had itchy red eyes for the rest of the evening. stay away!

on 6/4/2018 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of the worst high-end mascaras I've tried. It claims to lengthen and volumize but it barely does, my lashes just look tinted darker and not much else. You would need to sit down for 10+ minutes and apply 3+ coats to achieve some decent definition, which I have no time for and have drugstore mascaras that do the job in 1-2 coats. It smudges under the eyes pretty easily and also stings badly, so buyer beware if you have watery eyes. This mascara lives up to its name (lol) but not in a good way, it will be returned asap!

on 5/26/2018 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got this in the sample size as part of the Sephora Lashstash to Go collection. I threw it out after one use. It smudged a lot under my eyes, worse than any other mascara I've used. Also the handle on the wand in the mini-version is a joke, only about half an inch long making it very difficult to apply the product. Every drug store product I've tried in recent years outperformed this on.

Edit: Hey guys, be aware that pyramid scheme sellers are targeting people leaving reviews on this page. I've received a PM from a Younique seller called Abbydabby1995 who is so desperate for sales that's she's messaging users located on other continents solely because they had a negative exerience with another brand, and she's also lying about their ingredients to try and get sales. Report every seller you see resorting to this dirty tactic as it violates Makeupalley rules, and is also illegal depending on where you live.

Original review:

One of the very few makeup products I've used once and then immediately gotten rid of. I received a sample size of this from Mecca and it's near unusable because it's so short - the entire brush (including handle) is shorter than my pinky, making application difficult. The bristles are also long and spiky, making it painful if it catches you in the eye. I've been applying mascara for fifteen years and rarely get it on my skin and I actually strongly prefer the plastic tipped brushes like Covergirl Lash Blast Volume, but the deluxe sample has bristles so long that it's difficult and painful to use.

It has a nice deep black colour but does nothing special in terms of volume, length or curl. You can get the same results from a mascara that costs a fraction of the price. It also clumped slightly but not excessively so.

The biggest deal breaker for me though was that while I had no smudging, my eyes stung horribly afterwards which only happens on very rare occasions when I encounter a bad mascara that flakes off in tiny, tiny bits and they get stuck in my eyes and make them itchy. This eventually went away after twenty mins.

It doesn't remove that well either. I used Heimish All Clean Balm which usually gets everything and made sure to wipe my face/eyes multiple times with a damp face cloth, but I still woke up with painful tiny black flakes and goop in my eyes this morning from residue that I swear wasn't visible the night before, even when I held my eye open to be sure. I'm quite fussy on having a completely clean face/eyes before going to bed and I'm certain I got it all of last night, but I'm guessing some of those flakes/goop got caught underneath my eyelid, above my eyeball..

Also WTF DO NOT LISTEN TO THE OTHER REVIEWS SAYING TO TRY IT IN STORE. That's how you get eye infections! Do not ever put communal store mascara on your own lashes, that brush has been used by dozens of other strangers who spread pink eye from their own trialling methods, and would have fallen on the dirty floor at some point. It's a mascara brush, not some pump foundation or nail polish. There's no reliable way to ensure it doesn't have infectious bacteria on it, unlike other makeup products that are safe to sample. The best you can do is swatch it on your hand to test the colour and and how well it stays on after drying.