Chanel Gabrielle

Chanel Gabrielle

2.8

on 2/1/2018 12:08:00 PM

Smelled this at the perfume counter at Macy's and thought it smelled great. Its a more flowery scent which is a reflection of the new trend towards this sort of scent. I keep going back and dousing myself with this stuff and am happy to see Chanel has come out with a smaller bottle for $76.00, which I fully intend to buy. This is pretty scent which is easy to wear.

on 1/30/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a fan of the classic Chanel scents as well as the Les Exclusives, I just can say "Gabrielle" is embarrassing to the legacy of Coco Chanel. This scent is ordinary, nothing special of Chanel about it. It smells like a mixture of several ordinary drugstore scents, a bit of everything, a little flower mix in the beginning and then an almost annoying cheap fruity note.
Total disappointment and not understandable for me as there were really beautiful new creations like No.5 Eau Premiere for example. But "Gabrielle" is just a cheap cash machine not worthy to wear the Chanel tag.

on 1/30/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I received from my hubs for Christmas! He usually never buys a perfume without me hinting....but I have several other Chanel's, so I think he felt comfortable. Initially I thought...hmmmm, probably wouldn't have asked for this. But, it's really pretty! Reminds me of walking into a beautiful department store! Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms...that smell over in the beauty department...it's this!! Now, the dry down isn't a huge surprise.... basically smells the same. The strength is decent...not the strongest...but certainly not the weakest. My scarf still smells GREAT from a week ago. It's definitely different than others I've had or have...which is fun!

Out of all of the Chanel perfumes, this is my favorite!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would and will buy this again. I love it! It’s close to coco mad so if you liked Coco mad you may like this. It’s distinctive in its chanel way, a clean white floral not heavy on aldehyde or soapiness of No 5 but I just say it’s pretty. Probably not appreciated by the young crowd like coco mad is. I think it’s an interesting frag def worth keeping in my collex. The bottle is simple & elegant, spartan. Kind of like this frag.

glad I didn’t buy it.. my name is Gabrielle. I’m disappointed.

on 12/25/2017 11:48:00 PM

I love the scent, and longevity is not a problem for me. It is radiant and lovely on my skin.

Now, it took me a few tries to get it. Was not love at first sniff. I was disappointed the first time, definitely had Expectations and first try barely registered as "eh" ... so I get why others aren't feeling the love.

It wasn't until a month or so later that I walked through a Nordstrom and someone had recently sprayed Gabrielle that the love hit me.

Gabrielle would work with shorts and tank top just as well as a dress and heels. I wear it to bed, it's just so pretty. I bet it's gorgeous in the summertime.

I don't buy the "rebel" promo material, so I ignore it. The tv and print advertisement does not match my experience of wearing the scent. I mean, it's white flowers. Nobody's rebelling here.
A commercial more in line with Charlize Theron and J'Adore, or Natalie Portman in Miss Dior would match better.

The bottle is cool looking in ads, but not as impressive in person.

on 12/18/2017 9:16:00 PM

I don't get all these horrible reviews. While this is certainly not the greatest fragrance ever made, it also doesn't deserve a measly 2.5 lippies. It's a pleasant, classy perfume suitable for every setting. Pity it only lasts a couple of hours and then fades.

on 12/18/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thirty years ago, as a teenager who wanted to be sophisticated and chic, I wore Chanel No. 5 because what could be more chic than Chanel? Next I wore Chanel’s Coco. I loved, loved, loved that perfume. It was probably a bit “mature” for me at the time, but it was the start of my love for Oriental fragrances. I was also fascinated by the story of an ambitious orphan, Gabrielle Chanel, rising from humble beginnings to being THE arbiter of style.

To say that I was intrigued by a new Chanel fragrance, the first in 15 years, to be named Gabrielle would be an understatement. I saw several magazine articles describing this new perfume and thought that I might be wearing Chanel again. After all these years, I still want to smell sophisticated and chic. I read that this fragrance was “quiet” and it was based on four white flowers: jasmine, ylang-ylang, orange blossom and tuberose. I enjoy all of those flowers in perfumes. I liked the golden glow of the print ad. It sounded like Gabrielle would make a great everyday fragrance; that it would be pretty, but allow the wearer to be the one to shine.

I went to the perfume counter at a high end department store and their display of Chanel bottles was gorgeous. I picked up the bottle of Gabrielle and admired the elegant simplicity of the glass. The magic unfortunately ended there for me. I find Gabrielle to be long lasting on my dry skin. But the fragrance never became the luminous perfume I hoped it would be. I had imagined Gabrielle might be a really pretty perfume like Jour d’Hermes, which is also based on white flowers. There is the essence of something lovely at its heart, but for me it never took flight. For the first time, a Chanel fragrance ended up smelling like acrid hairspray on me.

I had not smelled this before I bought it on Chanel's website. I was fully expecting to like it. The first thing I thought when I first sprayed it was that it smelled like bug spray. Really a disappointment! I am not sure if I want to bother returning it.

Popular Fragrances