Chanel Gabrielle

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Chanel Gabrielle

2.0

glad I didn’t buy it.. my name is Gabrielle. I’m disappointed.

on 12/18/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thirty years ago, as a teenager who wanted to be sophisticated and chic, I wore Chanel No. 5 because what could be more chic than Chanel? Next I wore Chanel’s Coco. I loved, loved, loved that perfume. It was probably a bit “mature” for me at the time, but it was the start of my love for Oriental fragrances. I was also fascinated by the story of an ambitious orphan, Gabrielle Chanel, rising from humble beginnings to being THE arbiter of style.

To say that I was intrigued by a new Chanel fragrance, the first in 15 years, to be named Gabrielle would be an understatement. I saw several magazine articles describing this new perfume and thought that I might be wearing Chanel again. After all these years, I still want to smell sophisticated and chic. I read that this fragrance was “quiet” and it was based on four white flowers: jasmine, ylang-ylang, orange blossom and tuberose. I enjoy all of those flowers in perfumes. I liked the golden glow of the print ad. It sounded like Gabrielle would make a great everyday fragrance; that it would be pretty, but allow the wearer to be the one to shine.

I went to the perfume counter at a high end department store and their display of Chanel bottles was gorgeous. I picked up the bottle of Gabrielle and admired the elegant simplicity of the glass. The magic unfortunately ended there for me. I find Gabrielle to be long lasting on my dry skin. But the fragrance never became the luminous perfume I hoped it would be. I had imagined Gabrielle might be a really pretty perfume like Jour d’Hermes, which is also based on white flowers. There is the essence of something lovely at its heart, but for me it never took flight. For the first time, a Chanel fragrance ended up smelling like acrid hairspray on me.

on 11/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get artificial flowery-fruity notes, citrus and grapefruit, mandarine and more melon and peach than tuberose and Jasmin.
It's perfect for office use since it is very nondescript, run of the mill and weak. Nobody would be offended by it
There are better drugstore perfumes for a fraction of the cost of this one. Very disappointing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love Chanel fragrances and I'm surprised by the other reviews. That said, everyone seems to like Chance and Coco Mdme and I find THOSE to be boring and uninspired. Coco is my forever scent ... second would be Coromandel and down the line with Allure, No. 5, No. 22, Boy, and Cristalle. Anyhow, I love Gabrielle. I've had it since release so waited this long to review. This does last on my skin, unlike many fragrances. As I tend towards orientals, this is my favorite all-out feminine scent. The bottle is gorgeous (though I don't buy based on packaging!). Somehow I feel this one came out the gate with people not wanting to like it.... if you like Chanel fragrances, give this a try... get a sample... I still have the tester card from pre-launch in my purse and it still smells divine. It's still too early to say but I actually think this one will land as my #2 fave Chanel fragrance just after Coco. It's that good.

on 10/27/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointed! This new scent doesn’t last long and I expect that quality from Chanel. This fragrance couldn’t passed the “test”; someone needs to be fired cause their nose not working right. As a loyal customer I am peeved!! Save your money my fellow “Beauty Beads”. Chanel did us so wrong.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

Get it together, Chanel.

on 10/20/2017 2:07:00 PM

Sad to see Chanel entering the vulgarity of mass intended boredom! Just a paradoxal joke it is named Gabrielle while she was the force behind picking master pieces like Chanel 5, Cuir de Russie, Bois des Iles... some will say this is "contemporary". Yet all, including those, know this is simply comercial and utterly banal!

on 10/17/2017 9:57:00 AM

What a bust! I was eagerly awaiting this thinking it's going to be great and it's anything but. It's not a nice scent in any way and it lasts only for about 1 hour making it seem like it's a cheap drugstore scent rather than a high end product. Not recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Was very disappointed. Not a classic Chanel scent. It smells like a weak flowery toilet spray. I love all chanel makeup and most of their scents. If I feel that its just not for me I would say, but really this is just wrong.

It also has absolutely 0 lasting power - 1 or 2 hours max. Coco on the other hand lasts all day and the next morning until I shower.

on 10/9/2017 7:46:00 PM

My husband loved it when I first sprayed it on. I liked it too but it didn't seem special. I think I have body washes that smell similar. The scent had zero staying power on me at least. It was gone within the hour. I hate the packaging too.

Popular Fragrances