CHANEL Gabrielle

Gabrielle

2.6

on 8/2/2018 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Disappointed, asked for it as a gift. Love the scent but it fades away in seconds... live Channel very disappointing

on 8/2/2018 1:12:00 AM

I don’t like sweet perfumes so I love Gabrielle Chanel because it’s NOT so sweet,it’s a unique floral scent which lasted on me too long!!but I don’t think it a girly perfume,it’s too feminine,this is its advantage of course!so buy it if you are over 30 :)
Its other advantage is that it smells completely different in each woman that’s why it is so unique.We should understand that there are beautiful perfumes which are not for everyone it depends on our skin and personalities
For me allure sensuelle is the number one and Gabrielle number two
I have been wearing allure sensuelle for 11 years and nothing else stays on me but I discovered Gabrielle and I am very happy since it stays on me too!!
I loved the bottle also!!
Pièce of advice:don’t buy perfumes without testing them on your skin for a day or two to understand if it suits you!!only a perfume which stays on our skin is »our »perfume
REMEMBER:Olivier Polge created it!he has also created Dolce Gabbanna the One for men which I love on my husband!Learn the history and the details about the creator of a fragrance and smell also other fragrances made from him!
Choosing a perfume is not an easy thing it is the smell of our body!
I can’t wait buying also the body lotion when it comes out because I hate different smells on me,they destroy the final smell.Of course I put it on my clothes too for a better,long lasting result

on 6/13/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Glad I got a sample because this turned into bathroom cleanser on me. A scrubber.

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I expect to like this because some people said it's the milder version of Mademoiselle, but no. It didnt happen. I smell 'older' than I should and I'm only 29. It's long lasting I'll give it that, but what's the point of long lasting if you smell too mature?

on 3/5/2018 1:14:00 PM

I had to review just to bump up the terrible lippie score.

I love this perfume. This is my new go to, "safe" but makes a statement every day, every occasion fragrance. It replaces what blooming bouquet was in my collection-- but I'm bored w blooming bouquet at the moment.

Gabrielle opens up with fresh, realistic orange blossom. It's one of my favorite openings like my long time favorite pure poison. It quickly turns to sparkling, but subdued aldehydes and powder. But this is a tamed down version from Chanel 5 or any of the flankers. It's more of a fresh, makeup-ey powder

Then it morphs into a clean, almost dryer sheet white floral-- mostly jasmine, some tuberose, orange blossom. And the powder and aldehydes stick around, giving this a vintage vibe. But this is done very well-- and in a really safe, "pedestrian" way.

It's like what dita von Teese would wear if she had to work an office job for a week. At least that's what it makes me think of.

I am SO happy I picked this up. I personally LOVE the direction Oliver polge is taking chanel. I love his creations and I hope he keeps cranking them out bc he has a great nose.

on 2/1/2018 12:08:00 PM

Smelled this at the perfume counter at Macy's and thought it smelled great. Its a more flowery scent which is a reflection of the new trend towards this sort of scent. I keep going back and dousing myself with this stuff and am happy to see Chanel has come out with a smaller bottle for $76.00, which I fully intend to buy. This is pretty scent which is easy to wear.

on 1/30/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I received from my hubs for Christmas! He usually never buys a perfume without me hinting....but I have several other Chanel's, so I think he felt comfortable. Initially I thought...hmmmm, probably wouldn't have asked for this. But, it's really pretty! Reminds me of walking into a beautiful department store! Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms...that smell over in the beauty department...it's this!! Now, the dry down isn't a huge surprise.... basically smells the same. The strength is decent...not the strongest...but certainly not the weakest. My scarf still smells GREAT from a week ago. It's definitely different than others I've had or have...which is fun!

glad I didn’t buy it.. my name is Gabrielle. I’m disappointed.

on 12/18/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thirty years ago, as a teenager who wanted to be sophisticated and chic, I wore Chanel No. 5 because what could be more chic than Chanel? Next I wore Chanel’s Coco. I loved, loved, loved that perfume. It was probably a bit “mature” for me at the time, but it was the start of my love for Oriental fragrances. I was also fascinated by the story of an ambitious orphan, Gabrielle Chanel, rising from humble beginnings to being THE arbiter of style.

To say that I was intrigued by a new Chanel fragrance, the first in 15 years, to be named Gabrielle would be an understatement. I saw several magazine articles describing this new perfume and thought that I might be wearing Chanel again. After all these years, I still want to smell sophisticated and chic. I read that this fragrance was “quiet” and it was based on four white flowers: jasmine, ylang-ylang, orange blossom and tuberose. I enjoy all of those flowers in perfumes. I liked the golden glow of the print ad. It sounded like Gabrielle would make a great everyday fragrance; that it would be pretty, but allow the wearer to be the one to shine.

I went to the perfume counter at a high end department store and their display of Chanel bottles was gorgeous. I picked up the bottle of Gabrielle and admired the elegant simplicity of the glass. The magic unfortunately ended there for me. I find Gabrielle to be long lasting on my dry skin. But the fragrance never became the luminous perfume I hoped it would be. I had imagined Gabrielle might be a really pretty perfume like Jour d’Hermes, which is also based on white flowers. There is the essence of something lovely at its heart, but for me it never took flight. For the first time, a Chanel fragrance ended up smelling like acrid hairspray on me.

Popular Fragrances