Chanel Gabrielle

Gabrielle

2.6

on 3/25/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Chanel has created a lot of cult perfumes, now, not everybody likes vintage, Gabrielle is dedicated to Coco Chanel when she was still a girl, so it is more luminous, more simplistic but beautiful..i feel it is misunderstood really..it is a soapy bright floral, so if you don't like florals, you might not like it...and I know how delightful french perfumes are, never too much, not trying to make an unpleasant statement...Gabrielle is simply pretty...reminds me of how french women smell last time I was in Paris...it is indeed a new direction with Olivier Polge...is he as talented as his dad !? Time will do its thing, so far, he has done good ..Gabrielle is nicely done, classy with a modern twist,.there is beauty in simplicity...the vintage scents had their shining time, now women want fresher easier to wear perfumes.

on 12/18/2017 9:16:00 PM

I don't get all these horrible reviews. While this is certainly not the greatest fragrance ever made, it also doesn't deserve a measly 2.5 lippies. It's a pleasant, classy perfume suitable for every setting. Pity it only lasts a couple of hours and then fades.

I had not smelled this before I bought it on Chanel's website. I was fully expecting to like it. The first thing I thought when I first sprayed it was that it smelled like bug spray. Really a disappointment! I am not sure if I want to bother returning it.

on 10/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

I liked this at first, but after a few minutes it becomes overpowering.

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially when I heard Chanel was finally releasing a new pillar fragrance, I was excited. At first I found it to be fairly linear and pretty. Now that I have had time to spend with the fragrance, I really just find it to be kind of dull and boring. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but this is a fairly basic floral scent. If you like floral scents, you may love this. For me, it doesn't seem very exciting and isn't long lasting. I guess we will wait for the inevitable flankers and see if that reveals anything more interesting than this.

Popular Fragrances