CHANEL Gabrielle

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
CHANEL Gabrielle

2.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this. The fragrance description sounded so lovely. But its so light that I hardly smell anything at all. If you are someone who likes lighter scent you might love this one but I was a little disappointed. I would love this if it was a bit stronger and stayed on the skin a little longer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I expect to like this because some people said it's the milder version of Mademoiselle, but no. It didnt happen. I smell 'older' than I should and I'm only 29. It's long lasting I'll give it that, but what's the point of long lasting if you smell too mature?

on 11/7/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My first and all time favorite from Chanel has always been Coco. Yes I have #5 too but it has always taken a back burner to Coco. Now enters Gabrielle. I just had to have the large bottle! I got a generous sample and used it sparingly until I could buy a bottle. Chanel did put the price up there for this perfume but it is so worth it for me. I do not understand all the negative reviews here on MUA but to each their own. I find this fragrance last a very long time on myself and when I told the sales Rep. about the reviews here and how so many say they cannot smell it after a couple of hours, she said that it last a really long time on herself too. I used the last of my sample last evening a few hours before bed and the beautiful scent is still lingering on my skin and clothes at 10:00 A.M. this morning. The notes are listed as exotic jasmine with the fruity green notes of ylang-ylang, while fresh and sparkling orange blossom shines through, offering a glimpse of Grasse tuberose. The ad goes on to say, before creating the House of CHANEL, Coco was Gabrielle. A rebel at heart, passionate and free. So I take this to mean that the lady Coco Chanel's real name was Gabrielle? This is a feminine scent that is very rich from the first spray to the dry down. The bottle is not that impressive to my style but rather pretty much like the other Chanel bottles like Coco and #5. The scent is what I just had to have in my collection, just so beautiful.

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially when I heard Chanel was finally releasing a new pillar fragrance, I was excited. At first I found it to be fairly linear and pretty. Now that I have had time to spend with the fragrance, I really just find it to be kind of dull and boring. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but this is a fairly basic floral scent. If you like floral scents, you may love this. For me, it doesn't seem very exciting and isn't long lasting. I guess we will wait for the inevitable flankers and see if that reveals anything more interesting than this.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

I know that Chanel's longtime head perfumer Jacques Polque recently stepped down and Chanel hired his Son Oliver Polgue to take his place... Oliver, buddy, I get that you had big shoes to fill but c'mon... this is just not luxury brand material. In my honest to goodness assessment this isn't even Celebrity fragrance worthy because while it does smell like something Jessica Simpson might put out, it doesn't even have silage or longevity on par with her stuff! It's gone in under a hour and got that hour you'll smell like shampoo. Plain and simple.

Get it together, Chanel.

on 9/26/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Fragrance only lasted a about 2 hours but did like the scent.
This would be a nice spring/summer scent.

Popular Fragrances