Chanel Gabrielle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Chanel Gabrielle

3.8

on 2/1/2018 12:08:00 PM

Smelled this at the perfume counter at Macy's and thought it smelled great. Its a more flowery scent which is a reflection of the new trend towards this sort of scent. I keep going back and dousing myself with this stuff and am happy to see Chanel has come out with a smaller bottle for $76.00, which I fully intend to buy. This is pretty scent which is easy to wear.

on 1/30/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I received from my hubs for Christmas! He usually never buys a perfume without me hinting....but I have several other Chanel's, so I think he felt comfortable. Initially I thought...hmmmm, probably wouldn't have asked for this. But, it's really pretty! Reminds me of walking into a beautiful department store! Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms...that smell over in the beauty department...it's this!! Now, the dry down isn't a huge surprise.... basically smells the same. The strength is decent...not the strongest...but certainly not the weakest. My scarf still smells GREAT from a week ago. It's definitely different than others I've had or have...which is fun!

Out of all of the Chanel perfumes, this is my favorite!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would and will buy this again. I love it! It’s close to coco mad so if you liked Coco mad you may like this. It’s distinctive in its chanel way, a clean white floral not heavy on aldehyde or soapiness of No 5 but I just say it’s pretty. Probably not appreciated by the young crowd like coco mad is. I think it’s an interesting frag def worth keeping in my collex. The bottle is simple & elegant, spartan. Kind of like this frag.

I had not smelled this before I bought it on Chanel's website. I was fully expecting to like it. The first thing I thought when I first sprayed it was that it smelled like bug spray. Really a disappointment! I am not sure if I want to bother returning it.

on 11/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get artificial flowery-fruity notes, citrus and grapefruit, mandarine and more melon and peach than tuberose and Jasmin.
It's perfect for office use since it is very nondescript, run of the mill and weak. Nobody would be offended by it
There are better drugstore perfumes for a fraction of the cost of this one. Very disappointing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love Chanel fragrances and I'm surprised by the other reviews. That said, everyone seems to like Chance and Coco Mdme and I find THOSE to be boring and uninspired. Coco is my forever scent ... second would be Coromandel and down the line with Allure, No. 5, No. 22, Boy, and Cristalle. Anyhow, I love Gabrielle. I've had it since release so waited this long to review. This does last on my skin, unlike many fragrances. As I tend towards orientals, this is my favorite all-out feminine scent. The bottle is gorgeous (though I don't buy based on packaging!). Somehow I feel this one came out the gate with people not wanting to like it.... if you like Chanel fragrances, give this a try... get a sample... I still have the tester card from pre-launch in my purse and it still smells divine. It's still too early to say but I actually think this one will land as my #2 fave Chanel fragrance just after Coco. It's that good.

on 10/20/2017 2:07:00 PM

Sad to see Chanel entering the vulgarity of mass intended boredom! Just a paradoxal joke it is named Gabrielle while she was the force behind picking master pieces like Chanel 5, Cuir de Russie, Bois des Iles... some will say this is "contemporary". Yet all, including those, know this is simply comercial and utterly banal. I even feel bad to post such negative review as I treasure Chanel so much as a brand!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm soo surprised at these reviews. Yes, its not the longest lasting fragrance but it smells soo good. Not very sweet but a sparkling floral. The bottle is gorgeous, just wish the 1.7oz looked more substantial in size. It looks like a deluxe mini, so jump for the 3.4oz if its a gift.

on 9/9/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me one of the best Chanel fragrances. I remember my mom wearing No. 5 when I was a kid. I always wanted to be able to enjoy a Chanel fragrance but, none ever did anything for me. This one is really great. Pricey but, worth it.

Popular Fragrances