CHANEL Gabrielle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Gabrielle

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very floral fragrance from Chanel. It has orange blossom, ylang ylang, jasmine, and grasse tuberose as the floral notes. It is pleasant enough, I can see this being popular for Chanel. It's a creamy white floral scent. I found it to be soft, not a strong perfume, to my nose anyway. I find this to be a little underwhelming and generic overall. The bottle is really cool, it has different facets.

on 8/2/2018 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Disappointed, asked for it as a gift. Love the scent but it fades away in seconds... live Channel very disappointing

on 8/2/2018 1:12:00 AM

I don’t like sweet perfumes so I love Gabrielle Chanel because it’s NOT so sweet,it’s a unique floral scent which lasted on me too long!!but I don’t think it a girly perfume,it’s too feminine,this is its advantage of course!so buy it if you are over 30 :)
Its other advantage is that it smells completely different in each woman that’s why it is so unique.We should understand that there are beautiful perfumes which are not for everyone it depends on our skin and personalities
For me allure sensuelle is the number one and Gabrielle number two
I have been wearing allure sensuelle for 11 years and nothing else stays on me but I discovered Gabrielle and I am very happy since it stays on me too!!
I loved the bottle also!!
Pièce of advice:don’t buy perfumes without testing them on your skin for a day or two to understand if it suits you!!only a perfume which stays on our skin is »our »perfume
REMEMBER:Olivier Polge created it!he has also created Dolce Gabbanna the One for men which I love on my husband!Learn the history and the details about the creator of a fragrance and smell also other fragrances made from him!
Choosing a perfume is not an easy thing it is the smell of our body!
I can’t wait buying also the body lotion when it comes out because I hate different smells on me,they destroy the final smell.Of course I put it on my clothes too for a better,long lasting result

on 6/13/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a gift and although it’s nice, it’s not for me. This perfume is sophisticated and quite inoffensive. Perfect for daytime wear, dinner with the in laws, wearing to work or to a job interview. The scent is quite fresh and floral but it didn’t ‘wow’ me. Perfume is a very personal choice and what smells good on some people obviously won’t smell as great on others. For myself, I prefer a sweeter fragrance and so I ended up regifting this perfume as it would have been a waste of a nice perfume if I was to keep it. As far as Chanel fragrances go, I have tried them all and whilst I can appreciate the high quality of the ingredients used, I haven’t found one that I loved. Gabrielle is definitely one Chanel’s nicer fragrances though in my opinion.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I so wanted to love this fragrance and have tried quite a few times. It smells delightful (hubby even commented ...a classy fragrance) at first spray and it will last if sprayed on my hair however, on the skin, it changes after a while to some thing not so good and then just disappears. I mentioned this to the sales rep who said others had also mentioned this; no staying power (silage) and not typical of a Chanel fragrance. I returned my large bottle. But I will admit I still have to have a spray in my hair if I see it in a store...just wish it stayed 'like that first spray'.

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

on 2/1/2018 12:08:00 PM

Smelled this at the perfume counter at Macy's and thought it smelled great. Its a more flowery scent which is a reflection of the new trend towards this sort of scent. I keep going back and dousing myself with this stuff and am happy to see Chanel has come out with a smaller bottle for $76.00, which I fully intend to buy. This is pretty scent which is easy to wear.

on 1/30/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I received from my hubs for Christmas! He usually never buys a perfume without me hinting....but I have several other Chanel's, so I think he felt comfortable. Initially I thought...hmmmm, probably wouldn't have asked for this. But, it's really pretty! Reminds me of walking into a beautiful department store! Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms...that smell over in the beauty department...it's this!! Now, the dry down isn't a huge surprise.... basically smells the same. The strength is decent...not the strongest...but certainly not the weakest. My scarf still smells GREAT from a week ago. It's definitely different than others I've had or have...which is fun!

Out of all of the Chanel perfumes, this is my favorite!

I had not smelled this before I bought it on Chanel's website. I was fully expecting to like it. The first thing I thought when I first sprayed it was that it smelled like bug spray. Really a disappointment! I am not sure if I want to bother returning it.

Popular Fragrances