CHANEL Gabrielle

Gabrielle

1.9

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this. The fragrance description sounded so lovely. But its so light that I hardly smell anything at all. If you are someone who likes lighter scent you might love this one but I was a little disappointed. I would love this if it was a bit stronger and stayed on the skin a little longer.

on 8/2/2018 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Disappointed, asked for it as a gift. Love the scent but it fades away in seconds... live Channel very disappointing

on 6/13/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Glad I got a sample because this turned into bathroom cleanser on me. A scrubber.

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

It smells like its been left in a drawer too long and has "gone off"... Very disappointing and bland.
I had a sample bottle and wouldn't buy the full bottle.

on 12/18/2017 9:16:00 PM

I don't get all these horrible reviews. While this is certainly not the greatest fragrance ever made, it also doesn't deserve a measly 2.5 lippies. It's a pleasant, classy perfume suitable for every setting. Pity it only lasts a couple of hours and then fades.

To be honest all I have to say about this is that the grand Mademoiselle herself, Gabrielle Coco Chanel, would NOT approve of this shrinking violet of a perfume. It's totally unworthy of having the Chanel logo on it as far as I'm concerned...

Bland, boring, generic, vapid, girly etc all the things that Chanel utterly detested and never stood for. This is maybe alright for a 17 year old girl who isn't ready for a real Chanel fragrance yet but quite frankly she probably doesn't have the $130 to spend on a fragrance anyways. And don't get me started on the cringeable promo ads with Kristen Stewart.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

on 10/27/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointed! This new scent doesn’t last long and I expect that quality from Chanel. This fragrance couldn’t passed the “test”; someone needs to be fired cause their nose not working right. As a loyal customer I am peeved!! Save your money my fellow “Beauty Beads”. Chanel did us so wrong.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

I know that Chanel's longtime head perfumer Jacques Polque recently stepped down and Chanel hired his Son Oliver Polgue to take his place... Oliver, buddy, I get that you had big shoes to fill but c'mon... this is just not luxury brand material. In my honest to goodness assessment this isn't even Celebrity fragrance worthy because while it does smell like something Jessica Simpson might put out, it doesn't even have silage or longevity on par with her stuff! It's gone in under a hour and got that hour you'll smell like shampoo. Plain and simple.

Get it together, Chanel.

on 10/20/2017 2:07:00 PM

Sad to see Chanel entering the vulgarity of mass intended boredom! Just a paradoxal joke it is named Gabrielle while she was the force behind picking master pieces like Chanel 5, Cuir de Russie, Bois des Iles... some will say this is "contemporary". Yet all, including those, know this is simply comercial and utterly banal. I even feel bad to post such negative review as I treasure Chanel so much as a brand!