CHANEL Gabrielle

Filtered by skin type : Dry
CHANEL Gabrielle
Gabrielle

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I will never understand all the poor/mediocre reviews of this perfume! I know everyone’s nose is different, and that’s why it can be difficult when it comes to reviewing fragrances. But I digress.. this perfume is stunning. I honestly don’t love any of the other Chanel perfumes outside of the Chane line (I adore all the Chanel Chance fragrances), but the others are not for me. They are simply too musky and border on that dreaded “old lady smell”. I can appreciate a mature, classy, and musky fragrance, and I don’t despise the others.. I do appreciate the formulations, but they are simply not for me. Gabrielle, on the other hand, maintains the class of a Chanel fragrance while remaining fresh and young, but not too young. I also don’t mean young necessarily in age, but in spirit. Gabrielle, to me, is the classy older sister of the Chanel Chance line.. or even perhaps the single, wealthy aunt who travels abroad and is truly out there living her best life lol. Gabrielle has a subtle warmth, without being musky or spicy. It has a subtle sweetness without being cloying or gourmand-y at all. Its unmistakably sophisticated, fresh, bright, and feminine. If you like Chance, but want something more sexy, mature, seductive, and sophisticated.. go for this. When I smelled this, my first thought was: a wealthy, classy, mature, hard-to-get, sexy (without trying too hard, if at all) woman. A woman who takes care of herself, who takes pride in herself. Who is classic, but also a class act. There is nothing powdery. “old lady-ish”, or simple about it. I ADORE this fragrance. There is nothing out there like it. Absolutely beautiful.

on 8/2/2018 1:12:00 AM

I don’t like sweet perfumes so I love Gabrielle Chanel because it’s NOT so sweet,it’s a unique floral scent which lasted on me too long!!but I don’t think it a girly perfume,it’s too feminine,this is its advantage of course!so buy it if you are over 30 :)
Its other advantage is that it smells completely different in each woman that’s why it is so unique.We should understand that there are beautiful perfumes which are not for everyone it depends on our skin and personalities
For me allure sensuelle is the number one and Gabrielle number two
I have been wearing allure sensuelle for 11 years and nothing else stays on me but I discovered Gabrielle and I am very happy since it stays on me too!!
I loved the bottle also!!
Pièce of advice:don’t buy perfumes without testing them on your skin for a day or two to understand if it suits you!!only a perfume which stays on our skin is »our »perfume
REMEMBER:Olivier Polge created it!he has also created Dolce Gabbanna the One for men which I love on my husband!Learn the history and the details about the creator of a fragrance and smell also other fragrances made from him!
Choosing a perfume is not an easy thing it is the smell of our body!
I can’t wait buying also the body lotion when it comes out because I hate different smells on me,they destroy the final smell.Of course I put it on my clothes too for a better,long lasting result

on 12/18/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thirty years ago, as a teenager who wanted to be sophisticated and chic, I wore Chanel No. 5 because what could be more chic than Chanel? Next I wore Chanel’s Coco. I loved, loved, loved that perfume. It was probably a bit “mature” for me at the time, but it was the start of my love for Oriental fragrances. I was also fascinated by the story of an ambitious orphan, Gabrielle Chanel, rising from humble beginnings to being THE arbiter of style.

To say that I was intrigued by a new Chanel fragrance, the first in 15 years, to be named Gabrielle would be an understatement. I saw several magazine articles describing this new perfume and thought that I might be wearing Chanel again. After all these years, I still want to smell sophisticated and chic. I read that this fragrance was “quiet” and it was based on four white flowers: jasmine, ylang-ylang, orange blossom and tuberose. I enjoy all of those flowers in perfumes. I liked the golden glow of the print ad. It sounded like Gabrielle would make a great everyday fragrance; that it would be pretty, but allow the wearer to be the one to shine.

I went to the perfume counter at a high end department store and their display of Chanel bottles was gorgeous. I picked up the bottle of Gabrielle and admired the elegant simplicity of the glass. The magic unfortunately ended there for me. I find Gabrielle to be long lasting on my dry skin. But the fragrance never became the luminous perfume I hoped it would be. I had imagined Gabrielle might be a really pretty perfume like Jour d’Hermes, which is also based on white flowers. There is the essence of something lovely at its heart, but for me it never took flight. For the first time, a Chanel fragrance ended up smelling like acrid hairspray on me.

on 11/7/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My first and all time favorite from Chanel has always been Coco. Yes I have #5 too but it has always taken a back burner to Coco. Now enters Gabrielle. I just had to have the large bottle! I got a generous sample and used it sparingly until I could buy a bottle. Chanel did put the price up there for this perfume but it is so worth it for me. I do not understand all the negative reviews here on MUA but to each their own. I find this fragrance last a very long time on myself and when I told the sales Rep. about the reviews here and how so many say they cannot smell it after a couple of hours, she said that it last a really long time on herself too. I used the last of my sample last evening a few hours before bed and the beautiful scent is still lingering on my skin and clothes at 10:00 A.M. this morning. The notes are listed as exotic jasmine with the fruity green notes of ylang-ylang, while fresh and sparkling orange blossom shines through, offering a glimpse of Grasse tuberose. The ad goes on to say, before creating the House of CHANEL, Coco was Gabrielle. A rebel at heart, passionate and free. So I take this to mean that the lady Coco Chanel's real name was Gabrielle? This is a feminine scent that is very rich from the first spray to the dry down. The bottle is not that impressive to my style but rather pretty much like the other Chanel bottles like Coco and #5. The scent is what I just had to have in my collection, just so beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm soo surprised at these reviews. Yes, its not the longest lasting fragrance but it smells soo good. Not very sweet but a sparkling floral. The bottle is gorgeous, just wish the 1.7oz looked more substantial in size. It looks like a deluxe mini, so jump for the 3.4oz if its a gift.