Chanel Gabrielle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Chanel Gabrielle

2.0

To be honest all I have to say about this is that the grand Mademoiselle herself, Gabrielle Coco Chanel, would NOT approve of this shrinking violet of a perfume. It's totally unworthy of having the Chanel logo on it as far as I'm concerned...

Bland, boring, generic, vapid, girly etc all the things that Chanel utterly detested and never stood for. This is maybe alright for a 17 year old girl who isn't ready for a real Chanel fragrance yet but quite frankly she probably doesn't have the $130 to spend on a fragrance anyways. And don't get me started on the cringeable promo ads with Kristen Stewart.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

on 10/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

I liked this at first, but after a few minutes it becomes overpowering.

on 10/17/2017 9:57:00 AM

What a bust! I was eagerly awaiting this thinking it's going to be great and it's anything but. It's not a nice scent in any way and it lasts only for about 1 hour making it seem like it's a cheap drugstore scent rather than a high end product. Not recommended.

on 10/9/2017 7:46:00 PM

My husband loved it when I first sprayed it on. I liked it too but it didn't seem special. I think I have body washes that smell similar. The scent had zero staying power on me at least. It was gone within the hour. I hate the packaging too.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing, beautiful fragrance that lasts a long time wearing.

HOWEVER, I do think this scent, although wonderful, is for a more mature woman - it's not a girly scent

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely one of the most politely vile perfumes I have ever worn. Not quite a scrubber, but I wanted off my skin.

It opens with a huffy smell that I have only smelled in ethnic grocery store laundry soap aisles: it was powdery, chemical and powerfully but abstractly floral. It stayed that way for a long time and then after an hour it began to smell merely of a fragrance base and rather like someone who pretends to be rich, all the while racking up credit card debt.

In defense of this ghastly juice, I will say that it has a gorgeous bottle (five years it took for them to get the glass that thin and concave. I think they ought to have spent it on the juice, but the bottle is really pretty), is skillfully blended in the classic Chanel style to create a floral in which there is no discernible bloom, and lasts (too long - by perhaps this is your future signature scent and that's a plus for you). It did not strike me as a fragrance that will frighten the horses, but I want it nowhere near me.

Popular Fragrances