CHANEL Gabrielle

CHANEL Gabrielle
Gabrielle

2.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very floral fragrance from Chanel. It has orange blossom, ylang ylang, jasmine, and grasse tuberose as the floral notes. It is pleasant enough, I can see this being popular for Chanel. It's a creamy white floral scent. I found it to be soft, not a strong perfume, to my nose anyway. I find this to be a little underwhelming and generic overall. The bottle is really cool, it has different facets.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I seem to be in the minority here in that I really enjoy this scent. It is a light scent for summer, appropriate for the office if yours allows fragrance.

On me it opens with a lovely mixed floral, with a tropical twist from the combo of white florals and ylang - rounded and rich but not overwhelming, and the florals quickly fold into the overall composition. There is a backbone of citrus - grapefruit and mandarin. These are on the sweet side, not strong and bitter, but sunny and bright. I get an undercurrent of pink pepper which is a favorite note for me. The black currant and pear notes are in there but they are subtle. The overall vibe is mostly floral with a hint of fruit, not the strong sweet fruit smell that is so popular lately. It dries down to a nice floral veil over a clean musky sandalwood. The entire composition is expertly blended and feels sophisticated and smooth. It lasts all day on me but wears close as I prefer.

The packaging is quite nice in my opinion. The juice is a nice peachy amber color. The glass bottle has an interesting shape that slants inwards towards the center. I like the delicate feel of it in my hand. The cap closes with a snap that would have been nicer with a magnet soft close but at least it feels secure. The box includes a shaped insert to stabilize the bottle inside. I keep my fragrances in the box when possible, to protect them from light, so this little detail is appreciated. The 50ML size is $105 which seems relatively inexpensive for a Chanel. There are also smaller and larger sizes available.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this. The fragrance description sounded so lovely. But its so light that I hardly smell anything at all. If you are someone who likes lighter scent you might love this one but I was a little disappointed. I would love this if it was a bit stronger and stayed on the skin a little longer.

on 8/2/2018 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Disappointed, asked for it as a gift. Love the scent but it fades away in seconds... live Channel very disappointing

on 8/2/2018 1:12:00 AM

I don’t like sweet perfumes so I love Gabrielle Chanel because it’s NOT so sweet,it’s a unique floral scent which lasted on me too long!!but I don’t think it a girly perfume,it’s too feminine,this is its advantage of course!so buy it if you are over 30 :)
Its other advantage is that it smells completely different in each woman that’s why it is so unique.We should understand that there are beautiful perfumes which are not for everyone it depends on our skin and personalities
For me allure sensuelle is the number one and Gabrielle number two
I have been wearing allure sensuelle for 11 years and nothing else stays on me but I discovered Gabrielle and I am very happy since it stays on me too!!
I loved the bottle also!!
Pièce of advice:don’t buy perfumes without testing them on your skin for a day or two to understand if it suits you!!only a perfume which stays on our skin is »our »perfume
REMEMBER:Olivier Polge created it!he has also created Dolce Gabbanna the One for men which I love on my husband!Learn the history and the details about the creator of a fragrance and smell also other fragrances made from him!
Choosing a perfume is not an easy thing it is the smell of our body!
I can’t wait buying also the body lotion when it comes out because I hate different smells on me,they destroy the final smell.Of course I put it on my clothes too for a better,long lasting result

on 6/13/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a gift and although it’s nice, it’s not for me. This perfume is sophisticated and quite inoffensive. Perfect for daytime wear, dinner with the in laws, wearing to work or to a job interview. The scent is quite fresh and floral but it didn’t ‘wow’ me. Perfume is a very personal choice and what smells good on some people obviously won’t smell as great on others. For myself, I prefer a sweeter fragrance and so I ended up regifting this perfume as it would have been a waste of a nice perfume if I was to keep it. As far as Chanel fragrances go, I have tried them all and whilst I can appreciate the high quality of the ingredients used, I haven’t found one that I loved. Gabrielle is definitely one Chanel’s nicer fragrances though in my opinion.

on 6/13/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Glad I got a sample because this turned into bathroom cleanser on me. A scrubber.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I so wanted to love this fragrance and have tried quite a few times. It smells delightful (hubby even commented ...a classy fragrance) at first spray and it will last if sprayed on my hair however, on the skin, it changes after a while to some thing not so good and then just disappears. I mentioned this to the sales rep who said others had also mentioned this; no staying power (silage) and not typical of a Chanel fragrance. I returned my large bottle. But I will admit I still have to have a spray in my hair if I see it in a store...just wish it stayed 'like that first spray'.

on 5/3/2018 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I think this fragrance is lovely (light floral to my nose) but way too fleeting. I would not be be happy about purchasing a fragrance at Chanel's prices and then having it not last. I sprayed it on my skin and also on a card and both had very poor staying power. Very disappointing.

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

Popular Fragrances