CHANEL Gabrielle

Gabrielle

3.3

on 11/7/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My first and all time favorite from Chanel has always been Coco. Yes I have #5 too but it has always taken a back burner to Coco. Now enters Gabrielle. I just had to have the large bottle! I got a generous sample and used it sparingly until I could buy a bottle. Chanel did put the price up there for this perfume but it is so worth it for me. I do not understand all the negative reviews here on MUA but to each their own. I find this fragrance last a very long time on myself and when I told the sales Rep. about the reviews here and how so many say they cannot smell it after a couple of hours, she said that it last a really long time on herself too. I used the last of my sample last evening a few hours before bed and the beautiful scent is still lingering on my skin and clothes at 10:00 A.M. this morning. The notes are listed as exotic jasmine with the fruity green notes of ylang-ylang, while fresh and sparkling orange blossom shines through, offering a glimpse of Grasse tuberose. The ad goes on to say, before creating the House of CHANEL, Coco was Gabrielle. A rebel at heart, passionate and free. So I take this to mean that the lady Coco Chanel's real name was Gabrielle? This is a feminine scent that is very rich from the first spray to the dry down. The bottle is not that impressive to my style but rather pretty much like the other Chanel bottles like Coco and #5. The scent is what I just had to have in my collection, just so beautiful.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I so wanted to love this fragrance and have tried quite a few times. It smells delightful (hubby even commented ...a classy fragrance) at first spray and it will last if sprayed on my hair however, on the skin, it changes after a while to some thing not so good and then just disappears. I mentioned this to the sales rep who said others had also mentioned this; no staying power (silage) and not typical of a Chanel fragrance. I returned my large bottle. But I will admit I still have to have a spray in my hair if I see it in a store...just wish it stayed 'like that first spray'.

on 9/26/2017 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Fragrance only lasted a about 2 hours but did like the scent.
This would be a nice spring/summer scent.

on 8/2/2018 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Disappointed, asked for it as a gift. Love the scent but it fades away in seconds... live Channel very disappointing

Popular Fragrances