Chanel Gabrielle

Chanel Gabrielle
Gabrielle

2.8

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

It smells like its been left in a drawer too long and has "gone off"... Very disappointing and bland.
I had a sample bottle and wouldn't buy the full bottle.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I expect to like this because some people said it's the milder version of Mademoiselle, but no. It didnt happen. I smell 'older' than I should and I'm only 29. It's long lasting I'll give it that, but what's the point of long lasting if you smell too mature?

on 1/30/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a fan of the classic Chanel scents as well as the Les Exclusives, I just can say "Gabrielle" is embarrassing to the legacy of Coco Chanel. This scent is ordinary, nothing special of Chanel about it. It smells like a mixture of several ordinary drugstore scents, a bit of everything, a little flower mix in the beginning and then an almost annoying cheap fruity note.
Total disappointment and not understandable for me as there were really beautiful new creations like No.5 Eau Premiere for example. But "Gabrielle" is just a cheap cash machine not worthy to wear the Chanel tag.

glad I didn’t buy it.. my name is Gabrielle. I’m disappointed.

I had not smelled this before I bought it on Chanel's website. I was fully expecting to like it. The first thing I thought when I first sprayed it was that it smelled like bug spray. Really a disappointment! I am not sure if I want to bother returning it.

To be honest all I have to say about this is that the grand Mademoiselle herself, Gabrielle Coco Chanel, would NOT approve of this shrinking violet of a perfume. It's totally unworthy of having the Chanel logo on it as far as I'm concerned...

Bland, boring, generic, vapid, girly etc all the things that Chanel utterly detested and never stood for. This is maybe alright for a 17 year old girl who isn't ready for a real Chanel fragrance yet but quite frankly she probably doesn't have the $130 to spend on a fragrance anyways. And don't get me started on the cringeable promo ads with Kristen Stewart.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

on 10/27/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointed! This new scent doesn’t last long and I expect that quality from Chanel. This fragrance couldn’t passed the “test”; someone needs to be fired cause their nose not working right. As a loyal customer I am peeved!! Save your money my fellow “Beauty Beads”. Chanel did us so wrong.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

I know that Chanel's longtime head perfumer Jacques Polque recently stepped down and Chanel hired his Son Oliver Polgue to take his place... Oliver, buddy, I get that you had big shoes to fill but c'mon... this is just not luxury brand material. In my honest to goodness assessment this isn't even Celebrity fragrance worthy because while it does smell like something Jessica Simpson might put out, it doesn't even have silage or longevity on par with her stuff! It's gone in under a hour and got that hour you'll smell like shampoo. Plain and simple.

Get it together, Chanel.

on 10/17/2017 9:57:00 AM

What a bust! I was eagerly awaiting this thinking it's going to be great and it's anything but. It's not a nice scent in any way and it lasts only for about 1 hour making it seem like it's a cheap drugstore scent rather than a high end product. Not recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Was very disappointed. Not a classic Chanel scent. It smells like a weak flowery toilet spray. I love all chanel makeup and most of their scents. If I feel that its just not for me I would say, but really this is just wrong.

It also has absolutely 0 lasting power - 1 or 2 hours max. Coco on the other hand lasts all day and the next morning until I shower.

Popular Fragrances