Chanel Gabrielle

Chanel Gabrielle

2.6

To be honest all I have to say about this is that the grand Mademoiselle herself, Gabrielle Coco Chanel, would NOT approve of this shrinking violet of a perfume. It's totally unworthy of having the Chanel logo on it as far as I'm concerned...

Bland, boring, generic, vapid, girly etc all the things that Chanel utterly detested and never stood for. This is maybe alright for a 17 year old girl who isn't ready for a real Chanel fragrance yet but quite frankly she probably doesn't have the $130 to spend on a fragrance anyways. And don't get me started on the cringeable promo ads with Kristen Stewart.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.

on 10/27/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointed! This new scent doesn’t last long and I expect that quality from Chanel. This fragrance couldn’t passed the “test”; someone needs to be fired cause their nose not working right. As a loyal customer I am peeved!! Save your money my fellow “Beauty Beads”. Chanel did us so wrong.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

Get it together, Chanel.

on 10/17/2017 9:57:00 AM

What a bust! I was eagerly awaiting this thinking it's going to be great and it's anything but. It's not a nice scent in any way and it lasts only for about 1 hour making it seem like it's a cheap drugstore scent rather than a high end product. Not recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Was very disappointed. Not a classic Chanel scent. It smells like a weak flowery toilet spray. I love all chanel makeup and most of their scents. If I feel that its just not for me I would say, but really this is just wrong.

It also has absolutely 0 lasting power - 1 or 2 hours max. Coco on the other hand lasts all day and the next morning until I shower.

on 10/9/2017 7:46:00 PM

My husband loved it when I first sprayed it on. I liked it too but it didn't seem special. I think I have body washes that smell similar. The scent had zero staying power on me at least. It was gone within the hour. I hate the packaging too.

on 9/16/2017 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Beautiful packaging -- the bottle is gorgeous -- but the perfume is a real disappointment, especially at the $105 price tag. Has barely any sillage. It was gone within the first thirty minutes of applying, no lasting smell, no trace at all. Gabrielle is an ideal work fragrance: it will offend no one, but also has no personality or distinctiveness.

on 11/20/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get artificial flowery-fruity notes, citrus and grapefruit, mandarine and more melon and peach than tuberose and Jasmin.
It's perfect for office use since it is very nondescript, run of the mill and weak. Nobody would be offended by it
There are better drugstore perfumes for a fraction of the cost of this one. Very disappointing.

on 10/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

I liked this at first, but after a few minutes it becomes overpowering.

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially when I heard Chanel was finally releasing a new pillar fragrance, I was excited. At first I found it to be fairly linear and pretty. Now that I have had time to spend with the fragrance, I really just find it to be kind of dull and boring. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but this is a fairly basic floral scent. If you like floral scents, you may love this. For me, it doesn't seem very exciting and isn't long lasting. I guess we will wait for the inevitable flankers and see if that reveals anything more interesting than this.

Popular Fragrances