Chanel Gabrielle

Gabrielle

2.8

on 6/13/2018 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a gift and although it’s nice, it’s not for me. This perfume is sophisticated and quite inoffensive. Perfect for daytime wear, dinner with the in laws, wearing to work or to a job interview. The scent is quite fresh and floral but it didn’t ‘wow’ me. Perfume is a very personal choice and what smells good on some people obviously won’t smell as great on others. For myself, I prefer a sweeter fragrance and so I ended up regifting this perfume as it would have been a waste of a nice perfume if I was to keep it. As far as Chanel fragrances go, I have tried them all and whilst I can appreciate the high quality of the ingredients used, I haven’t found one that I loved. Gabrielle is definitely one Chanel’s nicer fragrances though in my opinion.

on 6/13/2018 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Glad I got a sample because this turned into bathroom cleanser on me. A scrubber.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I so wanted to love this fragrance and have tried quite a few times. It smells delightful (hubby even commented ...a classy fragrance) at first spray and it will last if sprayed on my hair however, on the skin, it changes after a while to some thing not so good and then just disappears. I mentioned this to the sales rep who said others had also mentioned this; no staying power (silage) and not typical of a Chanel fragrance. I returned my large bottle. But I will admit I still have to have a spray in my hair if I see it in a store...just wish it stayed 'like that first spray'.

on 5/3/2018 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I think this fragrance is lovely (light floral to my nose) but way too fleeting. I would not be be happy about purchasing a fragrance at Chanel's prices and then having it not last. I sprayed it on my skin and also on a card and both had very poor staying power. Very disappointing.

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

It smells like its been left in a drawer too long and has "gone off"... Very disappointing and bland.
I had a sample bottle and wouldn't buy the full bottle.

on 3/25/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Chanel has created a lot of cult perfumes, now, not everybody likes vintage, Gabrielle is dedicated to Coco Chanel when she was still a girl, so it is more luminous, more simplistic but beautiful..i feel it is misunderstood really..it is a soapy bright floral, so if you don't like florals, you might not like it...and I know how delightful french perfumes are, never too much, not trying to make an unpleasant statement...Gabrielle is simply pretty...reminds me of how french women smell last time I was in Paris...it is indeed a new direction with Olivier Polge...is he as talented as his dad !? Time will do its thing, so far, he has done good ..Gabrielle is nicely done, classy with a modern twist,.there is beauty in simplicity...the vintage scents had their shining time, now women want fresher easier to wear perfumes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I expect to like this because some people said it's the milder version of Mademoiselle, but no. It didnt happen. I smell 'older' than I should and I'm only 29. It's long lasting I'll give it that, but what's the point of long lasting if you smell too mature?

on 3/5/2018 1:14:00 PM

I had to review just to bump up the terrible lippie score.

I love this perfume. This is my new go to, "safe" but makes a statement every day, every occasion fragrance. It replaces what blooming bouquet was in my collection-- but I'm bored w blooming bouquet at the moment.

Gabrielle opens up with fresh, realistic orange blossom. It's one of my favorite openings like my long time favorite pure poison. It quickly turns to sparkling, but subdued aldehydes and powder. But this is a tamed down version from Chanel 5 or any of the flankers. It's more of a fresh, makeup-ey powder

Then it morphs into a clean, almost dryer sheet white floral-- mostly jasmine, some tuberose, orange blossom. And the powder and aldehydes stick around, giving this a vintage vibe. But this is done very well-- and in a really safe, "pedestrian" way.

It's like what dita von Teese would wear if she had to work an office job for a week. At least that's what it makes me think of.

I am SO happy I picked this up. I personally LOVE the direction Oliver polge is taking chanel. I love his creations and I hope he keeps cranking them out bc he has a great nose.

on 2/1/2018 12:08:00 PM

Smelled this at the perfume counter at Macy's and thought it smelled great. Its a more flowery scent which is a reflection of the new trend towards this sort of scent. I keep going back and dousing myself with this stuff and am happy to see Chanel has come out with a smaller bottle for $76.00, which I fully intend to buy. This is pretty scent which is easy to wear.

Popular Fragrances