Chanel Gabrielle

Chanel Gabrielle

2.9

on 1/30/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a fan of the classic Chanel scents as well as the Les Exclusives, I just can say "Gabrielle" is embarrassing to the legacy of Coco Chanel. This scent is ordinary, nothing special of Chanel about it. It smells like a mixture of several ordinary drugstore scents, a bit of everything, a little flower mix in the beginning and then an almost annoying cheap fruity note.
Total disappointment and not understandable for me as there were really beautiful new creations like No.5 Eau Premiere for example. But "Gabrielle" is just a cheap cash machine not worthy to wear the Chanel tag.

on 1/30/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I received from my hubs for Christmas! He usually never buys a perfume without me hinting....but I have several other Chanel's, so I think he felt comfortable. Initially I thought...hmmmm, probably wouldn't have asked for this. But, it's really pretty! Reminds me of walking into a beautiful department store! Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms...that smell over in the beauty department...it's this!! Now, the dry down isn't a huge surprise.... basically smells the same. The strength is decent...not the strongest...but certainly not the weakest. My scarf still smells GREAT from a week ago. It's definitely different than others I've had or have...which is fun!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would and will buy this again. I love it! It’s close to coco mad so if you liked Coco mad you may like this. It’s distinctive in its chanel way, a clean white floral not heavy on aldehyde or soapiness of No 5 but I just say it’s pretty. Probably not appreciated by the young crowd like coco mad is. I think it’s an interesting frag def worth keeping in my collex. The bottle is simple & elegant, spartan. Kind of like this frag.

on 12/25/2017 11:48:00 PM

I love the scent, and longevity is not a problem for me. It is radiant and lovely on my skin.

Now, it took me a few tries to get it. Was not love at first sniff. I was disappointed the first time, definitely had Expectations and first try barely registered as "eh" ... so I get why others aren't feeling the love.

It wasn't until a month or so later that I walked through a Nordstrom and someone had recently sprayed Gabrielle that the love hit me.

Gabrielle would work with shorts and tank top just as well as a dress and heels. I wear it to bed, it's just so pretty. I bet it's gorgeous in the summertime.

I don't buy the "rebel" promo material, so I ignore it. The tv and print advertisement does not match my experience of wearing the scent. I mean, it's white flowers. Nobody's rebelling here.
A commercial more in line with Charlize Theron and J'Adore, or Natalie Portman in Miss Dior would match better.

The bottle is cool looking in ads, but not as impressive in person.

I had not smelled this before I bought it on Chanel's website. I was fully expecting to like it. The first thing I thought when I first sprayed it was that it smelled like bug spray. Really a disappointment! I am not sure if I want to bother returning it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love Chanel fragrances and I'm surprised by the other reviews. That said, everyone seems to like Chance and Coco Mdme and I find THOSE to be boring and uninspired. Coco is my forever scent ... second would be Coromandel and down the line with Allure, No. 5, No. 22, Boy, and Cristalle. Anyhow, I love Gabrielle. I've had it since release so waited this long to review. This does last on my skin, unlike many fragrances. As I tend towards orientals, this is my favorite all-out feminine scent. The bottle is gorgeous (though I don't buy based on packaging!). Somehow I feel this one came out the gate with people not wanting to like it.... if you like Chanel fragrances, give this a try... get a sample... I still have the tester card from pre-launch in my purse and it still smells divine. It's still too early to say but I actually think this one will land as my #2 fave Chanel fragrance just after Coco. It's that good.

on 10/27/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointed! This new scent doesn’t last long and I expect that quality from Chanel. This fragrance couldn’t passed the “test”; someone needs to be fired cause their nose not working right. As a loyal customer I am peeved!! Save your money my fellow “Beauty Beads”. Chanel did us so wrong.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Was very disappointed. Not a classic Chanel scent. It smells like a weak flowery toilet spray. I love all chanel makeup and most of their scents. If I feel that its just not for me I would say, but really this is just wrong.

It also has absolutely 0 lasting power - 1 or 2 hours max. Coco on the other hand lasts all day and the next morning until I shower.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm soo surprised at these reviews. Yes, its not the longest lasting fragrance but it smells soo good. Not very sweet but a sparkling floral. The bottle is gorgeous, just wish the 1.7oz looked more substantial in size. It looks like a deluxe mini, so jump for the 3.4oz if its a gift.

on 9/16/2017 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Beautiful packaging -- the bottle is gorgeous -- but the perfume is a real disappointment, especially at the $105 price tag. Has barely any sillage. It was gone within the first thirty minutes of applying, no lasting smell, no trace at all. Gabrielle is an ideal work fragrance: it will offend no one, but also has no personality or distinctiveness.

Popular Fragrances