Chanel Gabrielle

Filtered by age: 30-35
Chanel Gabrielle

1.8

on 10/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

I liked this at first, but after a few minutes it becomes overpowering.

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially when I heard Chanel was finally releasing a new pillar fragrance, I was excited. At first I found it to be fairly linear and pretty. Now that I have had time to spend with the fragrance, I really just find it to be kind of dull and boring. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but this is a fairly basic floral scent. If you like floral scents, you may love this. For me, it doesn't seem very exciting and isn't long lasting. I guess we will wait for the inevitable flankers and see if that reveals anything more interesting than this.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

Get it together, Chanel.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely one of the most politely vile perfumes I have ever worn. Not quite a scrubber, but I wanted off my skin.

It opens with a huffy smell that I have only smelled in ethnic grocery store laundry soap aisles: it was powdery, chemical and powerfully but abstractly floral. It stayed that way for a long time and then after an hour it began to smell merely of a fragrance base and rather like someone who pretends to be rich, all the while racking up credit card debt.

In defense of this ghastly juice, I will say that it has a gorgeous bottle (five years it took for them to get the glass that thin and concave. I think they ought to have spent it on the juice, but the bottle is really pretty), is skillfully blended in the classic Chanel style to create a floral in which there is no discernible bloom, and lasts (too long - by perhaps this is your future signature scent and that's a plus for you). It did not strike me as a fragrance that will frighten the horses, but I want it nowhere near me.

Popular Fragrances