Chanel Gabrielle

Filtered by age: 30-35
Chanel Gabrielle

2.9

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

on 3/5/2018 1:14:00 PM

I had to review just to bump up the terrible lippie score.

I love this perfume. This is my new go to, "safe" but makes a statement every day, every occasion fragrance. It replaces what blooming bouquet was in my collection-- but I'm bored w blooming bouquet at the moment.

Gabrielle opens up with fresh, realistic orange blossom. It's one of my favorite openings like my long time favorite pure poison. It quickly turns to sparkling, but subdued aldehydes and powder. But this is a tamed down version from Chanel 5 or any of the flankers. It's more of a fresh, makeup-ey powder

Then it morphs into a clean, almost dryer sheet white floral-- mostly jasmine, some tuberose, orange blossom. And the powder and aldehydes stick around, giving this a vintage vibe. But this is done very well-- and in a really safe, "pedestrian" way.

It's like what dita von Teese would wear if she had to work an office job for a week. At least that's what it makes me think of.

I am SO happy I picked this up. I personally LOVE the direction Oliver polge is taking chanel. I love his creations and I hope he keeps cranking them out bc he has a great nose.

Out of all of the Chanel perfumes, this is my favorite!

on 10/30/2017 6:22:00 PM

I liked this at first, but after a few minutes it becomes overpowering.

on 10/27/2017 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Initially when I heard Chanel was finally releasing a new pillar fragrance, I was excited. At first I found it to be fairly linear and pretty. Now that I have had time to spend with the fragrance, I really just find it to be kind of dull and boring. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but this is a fairly basic floral scent. If you like floral scents, you may love this. For me, it doesn't seem very exciting and isn't long lasting. I guess we will wait for the inevitable flankers and see if that reveals anything more interesting than this.

on 10/23/2017 12:37:00 PM

Boooooorrrring. Horrible disappointment. Chanel should be absolutely ashamed. When customers go to Chanel, we are expecting the unsurpassed quality, classy, elite, supremely blended fragrance that justifies paying the big bucks. This is NOT that... it's not... Chanel. It's a mundane, generic, fragrance lacking personality and completely devoid of any silage or longevity whatsoever.

I know that Chanel's longtime head perfumer Jacques Polque recently stepped down and Chanel hired his Son Oliver Polgue to take his place... Oliver, buddy, I get that you had big shoes to fill but c'mon... this is just not luxury brand material. In my honest to goodness assessment this isn't even Celebrity fragrance worthy because while it does smell like something Jessica Simpson might put out, it doesn't even have silage or longevity on par with her stuff! It's gone in under a hour and got that hour you'll smell like shampoo. Plain and simple.

Get it together, Chanel.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely one of the most politely vile perfumes I have ever worn. Not quite a scrubber, but I wanted off my skin.

It opens with a huffy smell that I have only smelled in ethnic grocery store laundry soap aisles: it was powdery, chemical and powerfully but abstractly floral. It stayed that way for a long time and then after an hour it began to smell merely of a fragrance base and rather like someone who pretends to be rich, all the while racking up credit card debt.

In defense of this ghastly juice, I will say that it has a gorgeous bottle (five years it took for them to get the glass that thin and concave. I think they ought to have spent it on the juice, but the bottle is really pretty), is skillfully blended in the classic Chanel style to create a floral in which there is no discernible bloom, and lasts (too long - by perhaps this is your future signature scent and that's a plus for you). It did not strike me as a fragrance that will frighten the horses, but I want it nowhere near me.

Popular Fragrances