CHANEL Gabrielle

CHANEL Gabrielle
Gabrielle

3.0

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I will never understand all the poor/mediocre reviews of this perfume! I know everyone’s nose is different, and that’s why it can be difficult when it comes to reviewing fragrances. But I digress.. this perfume is stunning. I honestly don’t love any of the other Chanel perfumes outside of the Chane line (I adore all the Chanel Chance fragrances), but the others are not for me. They are simply too musky and border on that dreaded “old lady smell”. I can appreciate a mature, classy, and musky fragrance, and I don’t despise the others.. I do appreciate the formulations, but they are simply not for me. Gabrielle, on the other hand, maintains the class of a Chanel fragrance while remaining fresh and young, but not too young. I also don’t mean young necessarily in age, but in spirit. Gabrielle, to me, is the classy older sister of the Chanel Chance line.. or even perhaps the single, wealthy aunt who travels abroad and is truly out there living her best life lol. Gabrielle has a subtle warmth, without being musky or spicy. It has a subtle sweetness without being cloying or gourmand-y at all. Its unmistakably sophisticated, fresh, bright, and feminine. If you like Chance, but want something more sexy, mature, seductive, and sophisticated.. go for this. When I smelled this, my first thought was: a wealthy, classy, mature, hard-to-get, sexy (without trying too hard, if at all) woman. A woman who takes care of herself, who takes pride in herself. Who is classic, but also a class act. There is nothing powdery. “old lady-ish”, or simple about it. I ADORE this fragrance. There is nothing out there like it. Absolutely beautiful.

To be honest all I have to say about this is that the grand Mademoiselle herself, Gabrielle Coco Chanel, would NOT approve of this shrinking violet of a perfume. It's totally unworthy of having the Chanel logo on it as far as I'm concerned...

Bland, boring, generic, vapid, girly etc all the things that Chanel utterly detested and never stood for. This is maybe alright for a 17 year old girl who isn't ready for a real Chanel fragrance yet but quite frankly she probably doesn't have the $130 to spend on a fragrance anyways. And don't get me started on the cringeable promo ads with Kristen Stewart.

SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT.