50%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I love how this looks! It is so pretty on my dry skin brightens up my complexion and gives a healthy glow. Didn't take long to blend it out and barely used one pump to get the coverage I like. Covers all redness and discoloration I have without enhancing any dry skin or fine lines. Is full coverage for me but you can easily get medium-light depending on how much you use and how you apply it. I use a brush and it looks flawless and cannot tell I am wearing anything because it is very natural looking. My brother didn't even notice I did my makeup with this on, just thought I was bare faced because of how good and natural it looks. Does have a natural smell to it but goes away once it is on the face. I am the shade 1010 Ivory which is the second lightest and is a good match despite ordering it online, glad I didn't go for the lightest because that would have been too light. I don't find it to be thick, sticky, tacky or hard to use like some others have claimed. Feels like a bb cream or tinted moisturizer because of how weightless it is. Definitely ideal for dry skinned people with sensitive skin like me because it is hydrating and doesn't look patchy or anything like that, also doesn't have any added fragrance or anything that typically irritates the skin. However it comes off a little too easily for me, if you get watery eyes, get even a little sweaty or anything like that it will come off so this isn't my favourite but isnt the worse foundation i tried. this is just average but i do love how it looks on the skin. however i do like something that doesnt come off quite that easily.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have both acne and dry skin. Ever since I started to use Burt's Bee's foundation, I no longer break out anymore. Love Love This Foundation.

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

a year ago

I like this foundation, for the most part. And for the cold weather months. I like it because it is unfragranced (there is a bit of a natural smell to it, but it's faint, and it's the same smell that's in Burt's Bees BB cream -- kind of a curious natural scent, but I find it mild and unnoticeable upon application), and it doesn't have silicones in it (I don't think so, at least), and there are no chemical sunscreens in here (no physical ones either, for that matter). It has some nice ingredients (meadowfoam oil, honey) and it feels nice. Applying it, it's like putting on a lotion. Sort of. It doesn't quite soak in like a lotion, but it doesn't just sit there like a foundation either. On me it's more like a jacked-up BB cream. Coverage is decent and it's easy to blend. It also seems easy to slip off, but fortunately, touch-ups are easy to manage. It doesn't look or feel cakey on my skin, which is great. It also doesn't settle in lines or accentuate my pores. For those reasons I really like it. It also seems to add a touch of glow, too. One thing that bugs me is deciding on a color. The lightest colors almost look exactly the same and it was hard to find a neutral shade. I eventually settled on Classic Ivory (1016) because it seemed the closest match to the L'Oreal True Match foundation I often use (N2). It seems to match fairly well. Some kind of system where Burt's Bees would readily identify if the colors are cool, neutral or warm would be great, however. I know their website has a shade finder, but it's one of those sliding scale ones that I'm not wild about, because it hinges on how accurate your monitor is. But it feels good, blends well, and gives a natural look, so those are good points. This makes a good day-to-day foundation, but I wouldn't wear it to the gym or on a hot day because I'd fear sweating it off in no time flat. But for the winter when my skin is drier, sure, especially when it's on sale or I have a coupon, because I know it'll give me coverage and some moisture and it's around half the price of the Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer I really love -- just not every day is a $30 product kind of day. One final updated note: One thing I'm really loving is that as I started using this after a bad breakout and bad healing (don't pick ...), and using this has provided some nice coverage (it's not full coverage on blotchy skin, however), and it's been pleasantly soothing. My skin can freak out easily from artificial fragrances and chemical sunscreens, and when it's flared up silicones can irritate it, too, so this has provided some nice relief during a healing stage in that I get coverage and it almost feels like it's helping the healing. That could be psychological, however, in that I'm just happy that it's not irritating me and it's providing some much-wanted coverage. I also have had good luck blending it with my Cetaphil Redness Relieving moisturizer. While that one is touted as a neutral, and it seems pretty much the case, it's a touch dark for me, but it blends fabulously with the Burt's Bees foundation. I mix the two together and the Burt's Bees adds more coverage to the Cetaphil and makes a better match for my complexion, and the Cetaphil makes the Burt's Bees apply more like a moisturizer or BB cream on my face, and I get a bit of extra sun protection. It's not something most people would find helpful, but I always enjoy if I can blend two products together and make something I like into something I love.

About reviewer (365 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

Le meilleur fond de teint que j’ai jamais utilisé. La couleur 1040 honey convient parfaitement à mon teint et coupe le rose de mon teint qui est un peu trop prononcé . Et pas testé sur les animaux c’est encore mieux.

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Started using this since 24th March 2018. Now while it is ok (I was looking to replace my HG: bareSkin pure brightening serum foundation), I think it can be better? I'm not sure what it is but the colour is grey-ish / ashy no matter which colour I tried. So I took the one closest to my skin which is Honey 1040. It takes a little getting used to as it doesn't cover much and yet the moisturising is also not always there... I've no idea what I am trying to say. I guess what I want to say is: It is HARD to work with this foundation... It is not BB cream and yet not really foundation and yet not serum.... Like confusing. I will finish this bottle and come back with more if there's anything to add to it. EDIT: Sept 2019 I have finally come to the end of the bottle. I don't like it at all. Now if the formula has changed, I am willing to give it a try but for now. NOPE.

About reviewer (418 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

2 years ago

I received a sample at my local CVS (unusual in itself) and was excited to try it as I am always looking for a glowy fdtn for my dryish just-turned-60 skin. This does have a glowy finish; however as noted below it has no staying power even with setting powder. The slightest touch and it's wiped off. The sample was Natural Beige, a bit too dark for my NC15/20 skin but doable for a day. There is a definite smell upon application (not nice but not a dealbreaker if it were otherwise awesome). It does have good coverage. I squeezed too much out and applied with a brush, not a good idea. Tomorrow I will apply a tiny amount with my fingers for a more natural look. Not expecting it to wear any better. I will update if there is anything to report. ETA: Applied lightly with fingers, no better.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

1.0

2 years ago

Would never buy again, wipes right off even after setting it with a setting powder

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

2 years ago

Like some other reviewers, I got a little sample in a magazine - it was way to dark but such a nice texture I couldn't resist buying in my shade (ivory) and its a great match. I find that it gives a really nice 'second skin' affect and has surprisingly good coverage. Its best to apply with finger tips kind of like Mac F+B and this way you can really smooth it and pat/press it into pores so its sits very smoothly. I wonder if the people giving it negative reviews are using too much or using a brush to apply because it's not cakey on me at all. A really thin layer is best! I love the texture and the range of shades. I actually bought the sample from the magazine (natural beige), to use as a subtle contour because its such a nice shade. There is a slight scent that's a bit weird but I don't mind it at all. A touch expensive for drugstore brand I think. Tons in the bottle would repurchase.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I have been looking for a reasonably priced (under $40) all natural foundation ever since they discontinued the Almay product that I had been using. Ingredients such as artificial fragrance and chemicals, including sunscreens, irritated my skin making my skin become drier and flakier. This BB's is very reasonably priced and fits the bill. Is it a holy grail? No, but it gives a bit of coverage and is comfortable to wear for people who are sensitive to the chemicals in most foundations. It has a slight odour but it's not very strong. The coverage is medium and although the finish isn't what I would call 'glowy', as others have warned it tends to come off easily. If what you're looking for is a drugstore foundation that's all natural then this is a good bet. Warning though: the colour you see through the bottle is definitely at least a shade or two DARKER than the actual foundation colour so it's hard to pick the right shade. Update: I put this aside for a while but I discovered that I could add a drop of squalane oil to the foundation, mix it together on the back of my hand, and then apply with my fingers... so much smoother! Turns into a nice light bb cream, not 'cakey' - 'you' but better!

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

2 years ago

I got this while I still had some of my preferred (powder) foundation from Honeybee Gardens. ....I am so glad I have some HBG powder left, because this stuff will not be my go-to. The price ($17.39 at CVS) was a bit much IMO (but then again, I'm sort of a cheapskate), but I figured it was worth a try. I love the packaging (pump top), and I'm impressed with the way Burt's Bees is spot-on with true neutral shades. No overly pink or yellow tones with them - it's just right. HOWEVER.... It's very thin, watery even. It's best described as 'foundation drops'. As other reviewers mentioned, it's sticky and never sinks in. It also dries quickly and falls off in patches. I LIGHTLY scratched a tiny place on my nose, and when I checked in the mirror, a big patch was rubbed off. And it was obvious. You cannot touch it up either, as the new doesn't blend with the formerly applied foundation and it ends up looking worse than the original 'missing patch'. You cannot set it with powder, as it falls off when you touch it with a puff or sponge. Lots of luck! I intend to mix this with a sunscreen to tint it and use it up, but I will never purchase this again.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35