Tarte Leave Your Mark Eyeshadow Palette

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A nice little palette that I recommend to anyone interested in warm-toned, light shade easy looks. With the exception of two matte pale pink & peachy nude shades, the rest are described as metallic, and either I don't have any experience with metallics, or they aren't true metallics because they sheer out and look more like a shimmer. Anyway, I love the way they look on my lids!
I find this palette more in line with low key & office appropriate looks as the one “dark” shade (respect) described as a “deep plum” isn’t really that dark and is pretty as an eye liner. This shade can be smoked out a little & added to the outer v to give some interest as all of the other colors play it really safe. The highlighter shade is very subtle but does the job.
This is made just like any palette that doesn’t have a hard plastic outer shell - pans set into a plastic base, glued to and wrapped in vinyl-coated cardboard, held shut with a magnet. I would definitely NOT trust it loose in a makeup bag because it could come open by itself and the outer graphics scrape off way too easy. I’ve had this in my mu drawer for a few months and just the little bit of shifting around from opening & closing the drawer has already rubbed off some of the pink lips.
Otherwise, it’s the same ol’ formula Tarte uses for their tartelettes, tastiest pro, and other little “book” style palettes they’ve gone crazy with in the last year or two. They all smell strongly of glue at first but the glue smell fades and the vanilla smell takes over. I certainly don’t vote this as a “must have’ but do recommend it to anyone who wants a smaller easy-peasy light toned palette with the one plum shade thrown in for a little balance.