O'Keeffe's Lip Repair

O'Keeffe's Lip Repair

4.9

Beeswax, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Phenyl Trimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.

on 12/23/2018 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a truly matte lip balm. I also love that it lightens/tones down my lips slightly, but nothing like the heavy white cast of sunscreen lip balms. Easiest matte lip ever. It also happens to be great at moisturizing my lips for hours and hours, but I'm stuck on how just throwing this on looks almost as good as a nude matte lipstick, minus the painstaking application and parched lips.

on 7/4/2018 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I highly recommend O'Keeffe's Lip Repair to anyone whose lips are difficult to care for. 99% of the lip balms I try get the ax after 1-3 applications, usually due to random ingredient sensitivity, but I've repurchased Lip Repair 10+ times. It's a thick (but not overly waxy) formula that works best if I rub my lips together well after applying. I apply another thin coat after that's absorbed, and it protects my lips for literally hours. For example: I have allergies that are particularly bad at night. I can put Lip Repair on at bedtime, sleep 10 hours (yes, I'm lazy), and wake up with moisturizing residue on my still supple lips, despite the fact that I was certainly mouth breathing and probably also snoring (so sexy). To wear Lip Repair under lipcolor, I apply, rub my lips together really well, and gently wipe away the excess; on its own, it has an almost matte finish. Is there someone you'd love to make out with, but they have chapped and peeling lips and refuse to wear lip balm because they're afraid it'll look glossy and emasculate them? Get them some O'Keeffe's!

I use the Cooling Relief variety, in stick form. The regular formula is just as good for moisturizing and protecting, but I enjoy the gentle cooling sensation and peppermint flavor of Cooling Relief. If your lips can't tolerate peppermint oil, the regular formula is a pleasant unscented blend; mostly a natural plant butters scent, with a faint hint of citrus.

I find that the Cooling Relief especially is almost always sold out, so I grab one whenever I see it in stock.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Okeeffe's hand and foot products are fixtures in our home and have had for quite a few years. I was very interested in trying their lip repair but none of the places I looked was stocking it until about a week ago. Like Redwings, I also live in Canada and our winters (and this one in particular) can be brutal. This balm (I have the regular one in the stick) is nice and soothing. It's nothing fancy or glam at all but it's an effective and inexpensive product that is great to have on hand and easy to carry in a pocket, school bag, etc. and lots easier to use than balms in little pots. I plan to get a few more of these so I can have them in various locations. I am on the lookout for the squeeze tube formula - I'd like to try that one as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the both the “cooling relief” and regular unscented varieties. Normally I love peppermint but the first time I used the cooling relief balm it was so strong it actually tingled my lips. After that first use it didn’t seem as potent, or maybe I just got used to it. Regardless, this balm is the bomb! I have NEVER had a lip balm last as long as this one. It deserves the name “Lip Repair” too. Winter can be brutal on my lips but this keeps them coated with a long lasting barrier layer and if I forget to apply this and my lips start to become chapped it takes no time at all to heal them after wearing this balm. There is no shine and the texture is just right; no tugging at all (like Bite Beauty stick/tube lip balm), not oily, it’s as close to perfect as a lip balm can be. Holy grail status. In fact, I’ve tossed every other lip balm I owned. There was just no point putting an inferior product on my lips when I have this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have both versions of this in the non-menthol version. I like the liquid in the squeeze tube to wear under lipstick, and it has a pleasant light vanilla flavor. It is smooth and moisturizing, but not super-deep. The solid version is much more nourishing, but it is also pretty waxy. It has no scent or flavor that I can tell, and it lasts really well. I prefer to use this one after I wash my face and do my other skincare steps in the morning before I put on makeup. Both versions are really nice and affordable lip balms, and using them in tandem at different times has definitely made my lips less prone to chapping.

on 1/3/2018 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is amazing. I’m a big fan of the Working Hands cream so when I saw this I had to have it. My boyfriend and I both love it!! I like that it’s unscented, and actually lasts on your lips. It’s comfortable and actually heals cracked, dry lips. The price is right, and I like how the tube is shaped! It’s wonderful. Must have.

on 11/14/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've already bought 5 tubes of this. I love that this gives my lips a barrier at night like lanolin but more matte. Also so much easier to apply than lanolin. I have a little trouble finding this so I usually end up buying multiple tubes from amazon. It keeps my lips covered with a buttery, scent free, barrier cream that locks in the softness. I wake with rejuvenated lips. Keeps my lips from cracking and bleeding. IMO not a great daily cream. For that I like a softer cream like Nivea or chapstick. The only weird thing is the oval tube. It takes some getting used to.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

you know how guys look when they put on chapstick? sort of like they're a little girl putting on lipstick for the first time? this is the first chapstick i've ever met that is really nicely contoured to suit that issue. it has no scent, it isn't "girly", it's inexpensive (about $3), and most importantly--it works. people may look at the ingredients and scoff, but idgaf, the shite works. (i've told nivea and dr. bronner to step to the left.)

would buy again and already have because bf has debo'd both of mine.