Mederma AG Body Cleanser

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Ammonium Laureth Sulfate. AmmoniumGlycolate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycolic Acid, Fragrance,Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The prior reviewer explained it well - this product used to be a shampoo and body cleanser, but was renamed and now is marketed as a body cleanser. I still use it as a shampoo. I typically use it about once a month, typically before I use a treatment like Olaplex. It helps remove any build-up and the treatments seem to work better. My scalp also feels better after use. It does leave my hair very tangled. I could never just use this and go. I use a treatment, rinse that out, and use a good conditioner. It has not caused any hair issues (fall-out, etc). Though, to be fair, I haven't used this freshly toned hair as I try to prolong the salon hair as much as possible.

The packaging is good. It's plastic with a flip top that doesn't let water from the shower get in. There is an interesting scent. It smells like a dog shampoo I used as a kid. It's not bad, but just not a luxe or pretty scent.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the reformulated, repackaged, and renamed Aqua Glycolic Shampoo and Body Cleanser. The formulation is similar to the Shampoo and Body Cleanser, but, unlike other renamed Aqua Glycolic products, it is not the same. I assume it's updated based on new technologies, but I don't know why it's no longer called "shampoo". The ingredients look like it could be easily be used to cleanse hair. As a body wash, it is an excellent formulation that keeps skin soft and smooth without dryness or irritation. I never used the previous formulation so I can't compare, but this is an effective well-priced product.