BH Cosmetics Modern Neutrals

No Image

1.0

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I agree with the previous reviewer about this palette. The quality of the eye shadow is poor. The eye shadow is very powdery and there is a lot of fallout, color is not pigmented and wears off easily even with eye primer on. I returned this one.

on 9/3/2017 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

28 matte shades, 39 grams (1.38oz) total for 1.39 grams each eyeshadow. Set in a large pan, with a frosty plastic cover. The eyeshadows sit in flimsy plastic wells (eyeshadows not removable although it doesn't look like it would be hard to dismantle if needed). It has predominantly dark cool mattes. Very few light or mid tone colors. I should add though that the entire 1st row is warm.

Color selection aside, I wouldn't repurchase due to the quality of the eyeshadows. They are very powdery - more so than the other BH cosmetics eyeshadows I have in my collection. The problem is this produces a lot of 1. kick up in the pan 2. fallout on the cheeks 3. difficulty with use due to increased risk of over blending and causing that 'muddy' look - since the colors all blend together 4. transfers from the upper to lower lid and is messy to use.

I can appreciate how cheap this palette is, but despite that I can't recommend this product. It's difficult to use and for that reason I don't reach for it. I think it needs a very delicate hand, proper brushes and an experienced make up user. Too much effort for a muggle like me.