Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aloe vera gel, triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer 940, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea.

on 4/19/2016 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am quite disappointed with this product. I bought it initially for acne, but it didn't help at all. I actually went through one of the worst period of breakout in my life using this product, the acne was inflammatory, although I don't think that this was the main contributor. When I used it on my face it didn't feel moisturized at all, but only a tightening and slightly drying sensation.

I later used it for other purposes. As a hair gel, it failed. As a shaving gel, it was ok. As a body lotion, it actually worked better than on my face, it wasn't as drying and tightening. BTW, I have keratosis pilaris on my body, and no this product didn't really help, but that really wasn't what I was going for anyway.

It's very inexpensive and comes in a large bottle that never seems to finish.

This is my first aloe vera gel ever and it wasn't what I expected, but I won't give up on aloe vera gel in general.

on 4/11/2016 3:51:00 AM

I've tried quite a few aloe vera gels but I'll always go back to this. Its one of the most accessible aloe vera gel in Singapore's drugstores and it works!

I'll always use this when my pimple's about to pop or popped. I normally mix 1-2 drops of pure tea tree oil with a dollop of tea tree and mix it on my hand with a cotton bud before putting on my pimples before I sleep and it normally shrinks the next day! :)

To Read all 284 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is one of those products that have been in my routine for a long time, but I have never reviewed. I used this alot in my teen years, when I simply couldn't find anything my sensitive skin like and recently I have been turning to aloe to soothe my parched face. I often add a drop of glycerin (purchased in any drugstore) to give me some moisture without clogging my skin, because alone it can sometimes be a little drying.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Been using this for years! My first purchase was many years ago when I got a severe second-degree sunburn. It's very cooling and was the only relief I could get for several weeks. I love that it has no dyes like other brands. I still use it often as a moisturizer and recently started using it in my hair! I started having a lot of breakage this winter and as a result, I have short little hairs sticking straight up all over! This gel makes them lay flat and it doesn't look greasy or crusty like regular hair gels do. I've also found that this can take the edge off a really itchy mosquito bite!

on 2/11/2016 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this stuff. I always have it on hand, and use it mostly in the summer when I tend to break out in heat rash. This always helps. If my skin ever gets irritated, I can count on this to relief the itch and redness. And it's so affordable.

on 2/11/2016 3:08:00 AM

I've been using this as my main moisturiser for about over a year now. I have combination skin, was battling a really bad case of hormonal breakout and also recovering from bad reaction to OCM. This really helped to soothe my skin. it also controls sebum production very well, although I will admit it made my skin dry - my dermatologist was so surprised to find that my skin had turned from oily to dry so quickly. I do use serums below this, to give it a more hydrating or nourishing push, but otherwise I'm very pleased with this. When I make a mess of my face by squeezing too hard (erm happened once or twice) I slathered on a thick layer of aloe vera, slowly massaged it into my skin, and the scar healed really quickly.

Took one lippie off packaging cos its so hard to get the last bits out of the bottle. Otherwise, for the price and also what it does - really highly recommend!

on 12/22/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff is my go-to aloe vera. Simple, no-frills, and it works to soothe the skin. Doesn't irritate my skin or give me acne. Not much more to say!

on 12/2/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

- really like the healthy shine it leaves on my skin.
- stops irritation
- isn't moisturizing but stops feelings of tightness/dryness
- can pill off skin with rubbing afterwards

on 11/29/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because of iheartmakeup92 on YouTube; she raved about it and said it helped clear up her acne. The first night I put this on I could see why she loved it so much. I had a huge blemish on my temple and it immediately took out the redness and inflammation...it even made it shrink a little bit! I also had a cystic zit under the skin for like 5 months and nothing would make it go away...it's almost completely gone now! I'm shocked. Overall my skin looks so much nicer and less red, which is nice for my sensitive skin. My only complaint is how much my eyes burn when I apply it, maybe it's the urea in it? I'm going to do some research because that kind of worries me but I'm going to continue using it unless it gets worse. Other than that, I highly recommend this product for clearing up acne!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a similar experience to the poster below. I have rosacea, so my skin is ridiculously sensitive. From what I read, this sounded for a great mask to soothe my skin. Not so...it got even more red and blotchy after just a few minutes.

However, after reading in a review that it can be used as light-hold hair gel, I tried that and it worked pretty nicely! Will keep around for that and for sunburns, of course, but it's staying off my face for sure.

Popular Body Skincare Products