Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

4.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/17/2017 7:16:00 AM

I am NW15 and I found a great match in the shade Snow.
I was hesitant to buy this foundation because I was worried the fragrance in it would break me out, but I've been wearing it for the past few days and so far so good.

I have to say, this might replace my current HG for daily use, Smashbox Studio Skin, and is giving my "special occasions" HG, ELDWL, a strong competition. It just looks better on, smoother, pores are blurred, and the lasting power seems to be about the same.

Love the tube, and it contains more product than regular foundation containers. The scent is there, but not bothersome. It does fade after a while.

I apply it with my damp beauty blender, and the coverage is medium to full on me (but I don't have much to cover, just some redness and very old acne marks). I haven't tried it with a brush, but I think that would give much more coverage.
It also keeps my combination skin matte for a longer amount of time than Smashbox Studio Skin.

Price-wise, since Smashbox is now charging 50 CAD, is also better.

So unless it breaks me out or anything happens, I give this foundation 2 thumbs up.

on 10/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My new holy grail foundation! While it was a bit of a frustrating learning curve to get it to look perfect, I am soooo happy with it. To start I have incredibly oily (my face looks wet when I wake up after sleeping), sensitive, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't transfer, it stays matte during my 16 hour days, and it never looks cakey in sunlight. Or break down (the true reason for being holy grail status).

So, my tips to making this look perfect is to make sure your skin is hydrated. I find it applies similarly to the Urban Decay all nighter foundation. So moisturize, and I usually pair it with a hydrating primer! I tried it with the benefit primer stick, becca evermatte, and benefit porefessional and it didn't apply very nice over any of them. I prefer Guerlain meteorites primer, Too Faced Hangover Primer, or Hangover spray. I don't like applying this with my hands. I find a beauty blender is optimal, but a synthetic kabuki does work very well.

Second, I conceal underneath. Because I am acne prone I do have some unfortunate scarring. And under eye darkness I can not get rid of for the life of me. I find concealer over top "picks up" the product and looks super uneven. If you are to use a concealer on top, I would use something as thick as possible. But that being said it provides really good coverage, so if you don't have any problem areas that upset you, you should be fine using it on its own.

Lastly, and had somebody told me this before I tried it myself I would have rolled my eyes, I mix it with oil. Because it sets quickly I like mixing it in with oil so I have some time to build up coverage and because I find it goes on smoother. It doesn't compromise the matte finish or the wear time for me, but it builds easier and I don't have to rush so much applying it. I've also swapped out moisturizer for oil underneath, and it does works similarly, but I prefer putting a drop of argan oil in with the foundation. Game changer.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I have been looking for a foundation for six years that keeps up with my super long days, and doesn't look bad. At the end of my sixteen hours, after school and work, it still looks awesome. Which is a real self esteem boost when you feel exhausted and worn out, to still look pretty. If you have real issues with foundation, this one is worth the extra little bit of effort. The staying power us unsurpassed by anything else at Sephora (I have literally tried every single foundation Sephora Canada carries that is matte and med/full coverage).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hesitant to try this foundation because I have dry skin however, as long as I'm well moisturized and use a hydrating mist this is indeed a "comfort matte". I use a damp sponge to apply this and love the medium coverage with just one layer. I am not looking for full coverage but do believe it is buildable with a second layer or perhaps applying it with a brush would do the trick. Color range can be a bit tricky - these shades tend to run a little dark - I got the shade light beige which would typically be my non-summer shade but this is matching my tan well. I'd have to use a much lighter shade in the cooler months. I do not detect a heavy fragrance with this and I have a super sensitive nose. Love that this comes in a squeeze tube with a pump, and you get 60% more product for the price than a typical foundation package provides, and the design is so pretty! The liquid blends easily and leaves you with a soft (but not flat) matte finish. It doesn't settle into fine lines or pores at all, it more or less looks like it becomes one with your skin. I wore this for 12 hours each day when testing it out before coming to the conclusion that this foundation is the bomb! No creasing, no caking, no transferring, no need to powder (at least not on my dry skin), doesn't cling to any dry flakes/patches, just beautiful, flawless, even skin tone. Cream and powder products (concealer, blush, highlight, contour, bronzer) apply easily over top and do not remove the foundation in the blending process. Easily removed with my usual cleansing balm at the end of the day.

I'm kind of blown away by this foundation, I was really skeptical that it would work on my dry skin but I really do love it. So happy to have another foundation to use in my collection that makes me feel beautiful and doesn't require any touchups at all throughout the day. One of my friends has oily combo skin and she loves this foundation as much as I do so Too Faced did a great job with this product. Highly recommend.

Update 10/16/2017 - now that the weather has turned cooler I have started adding a couple of drops of Squalane oil in with my foundation (an essential for me when my skin is especially dry) which doesn’t affect the coverage or the wear, it simply helps with keeping this comfortable on my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials