Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin:
Currently on Accutane, a prescription drug for acne which in a nutshell, dries out your skin like crazy.
I'm prone to flakes and clinging to dry patches.
Shade:
NC35-37, wearing shade Warm Beige in this foundation.

This foundation is a dream come true.
It applies very smoothly, blends effortlessly, blurs out the pores on my T-zone, does NOT cling to flakes and/or dry patches (however I do give credit to my exfoliating regime and the wonderful, non-greasy hydration that argan oil provides) and wears throughout the day perfectly- it does not transfer even after a long wear time. I find this foundation applies equally as good with either a brush or a sponge, however I do personally prefer a sponge as it tends to look a bit more natural. It also photographs very beautifully, which is a pleasant plus!
I cannot say how this will wear on oily skin. I will mention that the oiliest part of my face is my nose (which always looks super duper greasy after awhile despite being on Accutane), and at the end of the day my whole face looks the exact same as when I applied, so I predict that it will be a safe choice for my oily skinned girlfriends too.

I think this is very comparable to my old HG foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear. They both have medium-buildable coverage, they have matte finishes, they wear well and have a similar feel on the skin.
I would actually even say that I now prefer this foundation more to the ELDW, because of the following:
Too Faced Peach Perfect has a soft matte yet still skin-like finish.
ELDW tends to look a bit like a stark matte mask sometimes (in other words, cakey lol)
Peach Perfect comes with a looot more product for less money. You get 46mL of product for $45CDN which is an amazing deal compared to other high-end foundations sold at Sephora. For reference, ELDW gives you the standard 30mL for $48 CDN. This point alone is enough to make me repurchase Peach Perfect over ELDW any day.

I've been reaching for this foundation more than any other in my collection (and there's a lot to choose from), so it's safe to say that it's my new favourite! Will definitely repurchase and recommend to my fellow normal to dry skin gals.

on 11/5/2017 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I thought this would be a perfect foundation for me, at least performance-wise. I already knew the shade range was limited. But after seeing quite a few first impression reviews of this foundation on YouTube, I was convinced my combination skin would love it and that it would make my skin look beautiful. Wrong. So very wrong.

My first problems is that there isn't a shade light enough for me. I could get over that since my skin is pretty dang fair. But the way it sat on my skin... OMG. It looked worse than any foundation I've ever tried! The foundation immediately clung to my skin and refused to blend in at all even though I had exfoliated the night before, moisturized well right before use, and used a damp Real Techniques sponge to try to blend it out. In other words, this stuff sat on my face in weird patches and was not build able at all. Furthermore, it didn't seem to give me much coverage at all. I used 2 pumps of foundation on my face and it just looked like I had strange, orange patches all over my face and you could completely see any and all blemishes and redness underneath. And finally, accentuated every dry spot and strand of blonde peach fuzz on my face.

It was just a sad, awful makeup experience for me when I tried this foundation. I had to wipe it off immediately. I'm glad others have found great results with this, but it clearly is not for me!

On the upside: The packaging is beautiful, the price is good for how much product you get, and it does seem to be quite transfer-proof.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

TEXTURED SKIN PEEPS: listen up. You need this. Nothing I've tried has ever covered my scarring and bumps more fully and more NATURALLY than this. I've tried EL Double Wear, Milk Blur Liquid Matte, PUR bare it all (which is a good one too), True Match, and many others.
This runs DARK: get a shade way lighter than you think you need. I am Mac NC 30, and my color is "light beige" in this, which on the website, looks way too light.
This foundation is so worth the shading issue though. It dries down to a matte, soft, skin-like finish that stays that way all day long. I don't use a primer or even powder this at all. The coverage I would say is medium, but builds (I've never found a foundation that builds nicely on me other than this) to full coverage.
And it smells nice! Not like a fragrance- this didn't irritate my extremely redness prone skin.

on 10/28/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mother of all foundations, I thought we had a winner. I had never tried anything from Too Faced before so I bought this to see what the hype was. I am NC30 but not as yellow so Light Beige worked well for me. It wore comfortably and it stayed on for a good three-hour tour. A lot of people compare this with ELDW but for me ELDW belongs to its own genre. For my oily skin which is getting a bit weird while aging, this is supposed to be a good foundation but unfortunately it won’t stay on even using my clear NYX primer which virtually keeps everything on my face. What a shame! I really wanted this to be my HG. Back to Revlon Colorstay and Almay TLC.

on 10/26/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try this due to cute concept, smell, and i love too faced brand. This is a awesome foundation! i was shocked at how well it worked.. smooth medium coverage that lasts literally all day 12+ hour coverage and it does not budge! Its matte but not dry matte more of a moisturized matte! Has a good color options but i do think they could have a few more. another great product by too faced.. i so far have not found anything i dont like by them! The pump is a nice feature great for travel... except if u use to much u cant get it back in the bottle.. is the only downfall. for $36 your getting 1.7 ounces so worth the buy!

on 10/26/2017 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Firstly I love the smell. I think it smells really nice as do the shadows. If you're finicky and super sensitive to scents, this might not for you. I have been trying to find a foundation that works for when I want fuller coverage without looking cakey and unnatural. This does the trick. My skin is starting to show some signs of aging, I'm in my 30s so I'm getting some fine lines and bit of dryness in areas. This has great lasting power, I put my makeup on about 7:30am, work a 9-5 and get home at about 6pm, and it still looks good. No greasiness, no creasing or settling, and I don't get any transfer either. What ties it all together for me is the packaging. It's a soft squeeze tube with a pump, so I'm positive there won't be as much waste in the bottle and it's' super easy to store.

I wear shade Vanilla and am about a nc20-25 right now. The description online says it's for neutral undertones, but I feel like it pulls a bit warm, which works fine for me. I prefer using a beauty blender for application over a brush. I think it gives a more smooth natural finish. I prime my face and set with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray and I'm good for the rest of the day. I don't need a setting powder with this foundation.

on 10/24/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: warm beige (NC37 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- medium coverage
- long wearing
- oil control
- demi matte finish

CONS

- oxidized/turned gray
- settles into fine lines

COMMENTS: Ugh, why must this oxidize?! I had the exact same issue with their Born This Way. The color is fine for my complexion, until it quickly turns gray! Unfortunately, I’m not the only one with this problem (same occurs with other shades).

EDIT: Thank goodness the issue can be fixed. Temptu shade adjusters worked wonders (I add just a drop of the S/B one in yellow). Even though I fixed the color issue, I noticed this settles into my smile lines pretty bad after just a few hours. I’m use to that, but the settling is anything but subtle I assume due to its thickness and finish. If that’s not an issue for you, I highly recommend this. It wears so well and looks flawless (assuming you have no lines).

Will not repurchase.

on 10/17/2017 7:16:00 AM

I am NW15 and I found a great match in the shade Snow.
I was hesitant to buy this foundation because I was worried the fragrance in it would break me out, but I've been wearing it for the past few days and so far so good.

I have to say, this might replace my current HG for daily use, Smashbox Studio Skin, and is giving my "special occasions" HG, ELDWL, a strong competition. It just looks better on, smoother, pores are blurred, and the lasting power seems to be about the same.

Love the tube, and it contains more product than regular foundation containers. The scent is there, but not bothersome. It does fade after a while.

I apply it with my damp beauty blender, and the coverage is medium to full on me (but I don't have much to cover, just some redness and very old acne marks). I haven't tried it with a brush, but I think that would give much more coverage.
It also keeps my combination skin matte for a longer amount of time than Smashbox Studio Skin.

Price-wise, since Smashbox is now charging 50 CAD, is also better.

So unless it breaks me out or anything happens, I give this foundation 2 thumbs up.

EDIT - after using it for a week straight, I am knocking down a lippie because I noticed it can look powdery and a bit patchy in certain lights (such as my rearview mirror). I don't get that with Smashbox Studio Skin or ELDWL.
So I will use it just for running short errands, but will not replace any of my HGs

on 10/7/2017 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this one so bad! The lightest shade was almost a perfect match for me (N10 in Coverfx, NC10 in MAC, 0.5 in Urban Decay). It worked really well on my oily T zone but made the drier areas of my face look so terrible and patchy. True to its claims, it did not transfer and lasted about 12 hours for me. Unfortunately, it also made me break out. If you have true oily skin this would be a great product, but I couldn't deal with how dry it made my skin look.

on 10/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My new holy grail foundation! While it was a bit of a frustrating learning curve to get it to look perfect, I am soooo happy with it. To start I have incredibly oily (my face looks wet when I wake up after sleeping), sensitive, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't transfer, it stays matte during my 16 hour days, and it never looks cakey in sunlight. Or break down (the true reason for being holy grail status).

So, my tips to making this look perfect is to make sure your skin is hydrated. I find it applies similarly to the Urban Decay all nighter foundation. So moisturize, and I usually pair it with a hydrating primer! I tried it with the benefit primer stick, becca evermatte, and benefit porefessional and it didn't apply very nice over any of them. I prefer Guerlain meteorites primer, Too Faced Hangover Primer, or Hangover spray. I don't like applying this with my hands. I find a beauty blender is optimal, but a synthetic kabuki does work very well.

Second, I conceal underneath. Because I am acne prone I do have some unfortunate scarring. And under eye darkness I can not get rid of for the life of me. I find concealer over top "picks up" the product and looks super uneven. If you are to use a concealer on top, I would use something as thick as possible. But that being said it provides really good coverage, so if you don't have any problem areas that upset you, you should be fine using it on its own.

Lastly, and had somebody told me this before I tried it myself I would have rolled my eyes, I mix it with oil. Because it sets quickly I like mixing it in with oil so I have some time to build up coverage and because I find it goes on smoother. It doesn't compromise the matte finish or the wear time for me, but it builds easier and I don't have to rush so much applying it. I've also swapped out moisturizer for oil underneath, and it does works similarly, but I prefer putting a drop of argan oil in with the foundation. Game changer.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I have been looking for a foundation for six years that keeps up with my super long days, and doesn't look bad. At the end of my sixteen hours, after school and work, it still looks awesome. Which is a real self esteem boost when you feel exhausted and worn out, to still look pretty. If you have real issues with foundation, this one is worth the extra little bit of effort. The staying power us unsurpassed by anything else at Sephora (I have literally tried every single foundation Sephora Canada carries that is matte and med/full coverage).